Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I think I've learned something useful ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Before I explain, I hope I posted in the right area ? Okay here goes. today I was charging my H batteries (giving the plus a rest) got to the last one and only got the red dots on the dy3. So after wiggling it around, got one green bar, or two on only one cell, which quickly went back to the red dots then the warning. So I removed the battery sprayed some contact cleaner on it, let it dry and re-inserted it, got a couple of green bars on one cell, and 25% wiggled some more, and nothing more, so I figured I'd hit the charge button to see what would happen, nothing so I then held the button storage lit up all the cells, and put it in storage @48%. Now It's charging normally ? I don't know if this was just a coincidence, or a way to save a dying battery ? I'll see later when I fly it ?

Reactions: Mike Irish
Sometimes it takes a few times of Inserting and removing the Battery before all cells will show up on the DY3 Display, I have had this happen many times...;)
Yea I know, always gotta play around with 'em ? It was the red dots being the only thing showing up, usually you'll get at least one, or two to light up green, I spent a few minutes, and multiple tries. I almost thru it away at first, was just odd, to me anyway ?

That is why everyone should have a multimeter to check cell voltages when you are in doubt. It should be able to read to hundredths of a volt at a minimum. They also come in handy when having to troubleshoot and/or repair an ailing aircraft.

Reactions: Mike Irish
That is why everyone should have a multimeter to check cell voltages when you are in doubt. It should be able to read to hundredths of a volt at a minimum. They also come in handy when having to troubleshoot and/or repair an ailing aircraft.
Got one, never thought of using it, until you brought that up. Funny how that goes

Good call Doom. A lot of chargers won’t perform a charge on batteries with cell voltage deltas of 1/10v or more. You can storage discharge those batteries to attempt balancing the cells for charging. If your lucky the weaker cells may recover.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I've had to spray the H520s dual charger buttons with contact cleaner to get them to work properly before, you may also try that if it's only working on the long hold. Yuneec products seem to have issues with moisture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop