Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I wonder if anyone had the same experience as I did flying in snow.

The trick is to keep the aircraft in the batteries warm before the flight, I flown my H down to -25 degrees Fahrenheit with 18 minutes of flight time per battery, transmitter actually gives you more problems at those temperatures then the aircraft, LCD screen starts to skip and the controls become slow and hard to move around.
Ok thank you very much .. I will put a little more heat on them other than room temperature...I feel we will have a lot more cold weather here in va.. so i will give that a try.. again thank you very much

Ok thank you very much .. I will put a little more heat on them other than room temperature...I feel we will have a lot more cold weather here in va.. so i will give that a try.. again thank you very much
Well I'm in Alaska and all we get is cold weather lol it snowed in September and doesn't go away until March:-(

Well I'm in Alaska and all we get is cold weather lol it snowed in September and doesn't go away until March:-(
Omg lol ok yes you would know lol wheew ..all I can say is try to stay warm and may you have a blessed new year .. and thanx again friend

Reactions: ryanak907
Took my H for a flight after a snow storm. I saw some videos of pilot succeeding in flying in cold weather. so I wanted to try myself. It didn't work out as expected.

It's been my experience that you should not try to fly the Typhoon H in fog. Fog is moisture. The Typhoon is electrical. Not a good combination. I sent my drone above the fog one time and by the time I brought it back, it was saturated with water droplets. Not good. I've had no problem in cold weather as long as there is little moisture in the air. It's not the cold, it's the moisture.

Reactions: FlushVision
It's been my experience that you should not try to fly the Typhoon H in fog. Fog is moisture. The Typhoon is electrical. Not a good combination. I sent my drone above the fog one time and by the time I brought it back, it was saturated with water droplets. Not good. I've had no problem in cold weather as long as there is little moisture in the air. It's not the cold, it's the moisture.
Ok thank you very much friend

Unfortunately unlike DJI products There is almost no conformal coating on the electronics for yuneec typhoon h, I went through with some and touched up all the places that I knew could use some and I haven't had issues, the es ESCs motor solder points. General non-movement Electronics. I would highly recommend watching videos on proper application of conformal coating because you can really screw up some potentiometers, Gyros and plugs / connection points if you do it wrong.

Unfortunately unlike DJI products There is almost no conformal coating on the electronics for yuneec typhoon h, I went through with some and touched up all the places that I knew could use some and I haven't had issues, the es ESCs motor solder points. General non-movement Electronics. I would highly recommend watching videos on proper application of conformal coating because you can really screw up some potentiometers, Gyros and plugs / connection points if you do it wrong.
Hello ok thank you very much friend

I have flown my H480 exactly twice in fog. One time it was commercial flight to capture images of a farmer's cattle on a moor in North Yorkshire. It wasn't exactly a dense fog but enough for me to notice all the moisture on the aircraft on landing. The other time (actually on the same day as previous) I was doing a recreational flight over an ancient lime kiln. Again, all that moisture. Both times the aircraft flew flawlessly but in hind sight I think I was pushing my luck a bit...never again.

Reactions: mcoltas
Am I the only one to think that a flight path straight over the head of the pilot and observer immediately after take-off and in extreme weather conditions, may not be the best idea? It looks like you were in a pretty deserted area so why not take off and fly away from your position?

Am I the only one to think that a flight path straight over the head of the pilot and observer immediately after take-off and in extreme weather conditions, may not be the best idea? It looks like you were in a pretty deserted area so why not take off and fly away from your position?
IMHO flying directly over the head of the pilot is not ideal an any conditions since this is one of the positions that the aircraft can be difficult to see.

Reactions: Eyeup
Hi,
Some rushes, I had completely different battery life, old or new, we can not trust it.
All my batteries are numbered, the 1 (the most used) and the 10 (the least).
The 1 to fly 15 minutes, 2 and 3: 5 minutes, 4, 5, 6, 8 minutes, the other 10 to 12 minutes.
The outside temperature was minus 7 ° C initially, then minus 3 ° C.
http://youtu.be/7323dOKvRn8

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig