Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If You Are Not Happy with the Positional Accuracy of Your H

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Read the following article, note it references a fairly cheap autopilot for light General Aviation aircraft, review the unit prices, then consider it still has to be installed by a certified avionics technician and flight certified. So double the selling price, or more. Understand this is just the autopilot, not anything else related to the aircraft.

If you want full scale accuracy you will have to pay a lot higher price for a multirotor.
TruTrak autopilot STC’d for Skyhawks, Cardinals - AOPA

Garmin's latest autopilot releases are a little more expensive;
"That more limited level of testing is partially responsible for the pricing difference between the GFC 500 and 600. The 500 base price of $6,995 is little more than a third of the price of the 600, which starts at $19,995."

Reactions: JulesTEO
If given enough time to find out where it is the positioning of the H is just fine (always leave it in standby for a few minutes so it will know where it is. After a serious displacement like over 100 miles leave it for 10 minutes to calibrate GPS).
Nobody needs a far more accurate GPS (our H is consumer product and not a profi or warfare thingie) at prices we normally buy a cool car.

:)

Pat,
Like we all have NASA's budget to buy accurate hexacopters. Every thing given, I am happy with a RTH that for me lands +- 10 feet of where I am standing.

I think we are birds of a feather;)

I posted this in response to the people that complain of a couple feet of drift or not having an altimeter that always provides the absolutely correct height when they fly. Many of those people go on about all the money they spent and considering how much it was it should be better. For what the H does, and can do, in the hands of those qualified to use it she's an incredible little machine. I know I could not build one like it for 3 times what the H cost. I've had similar priced X8's that were more accurate but they had a 2 axis gimbal, a GoPro camera, and only streamed 720 to a free standing monitor. But you've been there and know how that was-back in the days before "consumer" drone.

I posted this in response to the people that complain of a couple feet of drift or not having an altimeter that always provides the absolutely correct height when they fly. Many of those people go on about all the money they spent and considering how much it was it should be better.

Agree. When I owned an airplane, years ago, I spent $25K just to upgrade my audio panel, autopilot, and add a fuel totalizer. I'm happy-happy to only spend what it costs to buy a Typhoon H, with all it can do.

Reactions: lsn618

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss