Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm about ready to give up.

Reaction score
I can't get the h to do compass calibration out doors in a park that I have had no problems calibrating the q whatsoever. I watched and practiced at home. I watched videos so many times they've gone platinum. Now one of the the gromlets(sp) has come out of the the camera assembly. I took a pic and can't get it to show on the forum. Also a man wants a pic of the new and very heavy q500 case that I'm trying to sell. Can't get the pics to bring onto the forum for the man. I am losing it!!!!!???

I suggest removing the camera before attempting compass calibration...

1) Your gimbal will thank you, as it does not have to fight the rotations of the calibration process.

2) Without the camera attached you will be able to smoothly complete the process in a rapid manner... The calibration will fail if not completed in about 30-40 seconds.

What is the size of the file you are trying to upload?

I can't get the h to do compass calibration out doors in a park that I have had no problems calibrating the q whatsoever. I watched and practiced at home. I watched videos so many times they've gone platinum. Now one of the the gromlets(sp) has come out of the the camera assembly. I took a pic and can't get it to show on the forum. Also a man wants a pic of the new and very heavy q500 case that I'm trying to sell. Can't get the pics to bring onto the forum for the man. I am losing it!!!!!???
Remove the camera prior to calibrating the compass. i also had problems and may have damaged the camera trying to calibrate. Eventually I used dental floss on the connector to reattach. A couple of wraps around the narrow part and then pull it through. When you say practiced at home does that mean you were able to successfully do the H compass calibration at home?

Good advice. Remove the camera and props. Set the ST16 down on a chair. Place the H facing North (my preference) and let it boot. Press the compass cal. As soon as you press start go immediately to the H and start the rolls. Keep rolling it until you hear a beep before rotating to the next set of arms that are flashing. When it's finished you hear the happy tone and it will reboot. Set it down and turn it off. Reattach the camera and props. Place the H on a level area, turn it on and don't touch it until it is fully booted.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I sent you a PM.

And no electrical, electronics, or large metal objects within 20' when calibrating. So don't do it next to a parked car, metal building, electrical panel or transformer, etc. The electronics also includes the ST16 and you're cel phone or Apple watch, leave them well away from the TH while calibrating. The other thing I've found with my TH is that even if I get an apparently good calibration, it actually isn't, and it takes a second try to get it to behave. Good luck.

Dave

I have tried all of these things. Eventually I will get it calibrated but now one of the gromlets became loose and while trying to ease it back in with tweezers the gromlet (sp) came out of both ends. There I got a peek of the famous wires so I stopped. Grrrrrrr! Rapidly loosing patience ? I'M referring to the darn cgo3.

I have tried all of these things. Eventually I will get it calibrated but now one of the gromlets became loose and while trying to ease it back in with tweezers the gromlet (sp) came out of both ends. There I got a peek of the famous wires so I stopped. Grrrrrrr! Rapidly loosing patience ? I'M referring to the darn cgo3.
Yuneec refers to those rubber connectors as dampers. So the dental floss didn't work? With the little info you've provided it's hard to be of much help. Did this H ever work properly? While installing the camera you should not see any wires, famous or otherwise.

Reactions: DCH
Sorry but I didn't see your floss response. I'LL check it out. I tried using tweezers and it worked before. I will keep trying. Thanks so much!

Reactions: DCH
Did it require a compass calibration? In a way it's better to see if it will fly even hover for a few minutes, a sudden obsession with wanting to calibrate everything, might give the question, was it working OK before I did this, or have I caused all this?

The h is brand new. I haven't even started it yet. I did all of the prep work. Practiced putting on the props and got the hang of that. The tutorials made that easy enough. Everything showed up as it should but even though I was in a good place it started to get windy after my last horror. A man who works for the park drove me all around looking for the q and I saw him today and he's checking out different places and asking folks if anybody saw the thing. He feels as bad about it as I do.

I'm not afraid of it nor am I afraid to fly it but I have to get through certain issues. I have some dementia problems but that's not causing the problem it's having to comprehend things that ten years ago would not have taken long to figure out. My wife is making sure that I understand the info. The q was easy but before I took it out of the house I spent about two months making sure everything was kosher. Still can't find the info that somebody sent me on getting a damper back in the holes. I took a pic of that also and will get it on here when she gets home. Floss? I'LL try that when I locate the info. [email protected]

@Steve Carr can you put a link to your damper repair featuring your talented wife?

• Haha
Reactions: Murray Martz
Remove the gimbal from the aircraft, remove the cover cap over the top of the gimbal mount. Pinch the grommet to enter a hole and slowly work the grommet ends of the damper back into the holes. No tools are needed really, just patience. The cover cap will snap back into place when correctly positioned. It can only go on one way.

If you do use a tool, make sure it has no points or sharp edges.

I'm not afraid of it nor am I afraid to fly it but I have to get through certain issues. I have some dementia problems but that's not causing the problem it's having to comprehend things that ten years ago would not have taken long to figure out. My wife is making sure that I understand the info. The q was easy but before I took it out of the house I spent about two months making sure everything was kosher. Still can't find the info that somebody sent me on getting a damper back in the holes. I took a pic of that also and will get it on here when she gets home. Floss? I'LL try that when I locate the info. [email protected]
I do believe it comes with a floss like material when you buy them new, all I can say is good luck.

look at the other damper, use a tweezer to fix it.

That will do, but I thought I remember seeing one with your wife making the repair. But then again I could be having a senior moment.

Steve Carr reply: Nope. She has never touched one. But when I'm talking making the video she sits in the other room asking me "What? I can't hear you."

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval