Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm about ready to give up.

Steve Carr reply: Nope. She has never touched one. But when I'm talking making the video she sits in the other room asking me "What? I can't hear you."

Told you it could have been a senior moment! That is just too funny Steve. ?

Reactions: Steve Carr
The Dental Floss repair was how I first found this place!

When I first got my H Pro, it looked to me like the camera was hanging crooked....a careful look-see showed a damper not connected.....so I googled it....which led to the Dental Floss fix (which worked perfectly) and here. It was my first issue, first fix. Brilliant!

I understand all that is being said. I think it would not be that difficult if the two halves that the dampers connect to can be separated so the four holes that the dampers go through into The bottom holes cannot be entered from the bottom up through to the holes on top. Can the top be taken off so I can push the dampers through the bottom to the top without without having to pull the bottom part and top part so the camera holder doesn't break. I know I'm rambling and apologize.

You are rambling less than you think... and yes, that top plastic plate can be removed to gain easier access to the dampeners. Just gently pull up on the front of the plate when holding the gimbal mount.

Reactions: AH-1G and PatR
There’s a You Tube video showing that somewhere. There’s also a photo spread or three in old threads on this forum. Here's a few from 2016 when I was describing using dental floss as a security device.

Attachments

• Release cover_1.jpg
    Release cover_1.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Release cover_2.jpg
    Release cover_2.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 19
  • Access to isolators.jpg
    Access to isolators.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Where are you located, Peter? Might be someone reasonably close by that would be willing to lend a hand, I'll be helping someone local with an airgun issue sometime this week. Later.

Dave

That's really nice of you but in St. Louis there are clubs but they are racers and into the big boys. The irony of this is that i got two friends of mine into this Sport.

Removing the dust cover is explained in the video. You have removed the camera from the H, correct?

I went to kav service a few weeks ago and Russ figured out some things that I would never dare to try and fix. I can drive there in 3 1/2 HOURS Which is better than waiting weeks to get back. Besides it's better than waiting for weeks for something that can be done quickly.

That will do, but I thought I remember seeing one with your wife making the repair. But then again I could be having a senior moment.

Steve Carr reply: Nope. She has never touched one. But when I'm talking making the video she sits in the other room asking me "What? I can't hear you."
The You Tube video replacing the dampers was of Jeff Sebelius’ wife with dental floss. I’ve done it that way but the rubber band method looks easier and better.
Bill Dunnuck

Thanks Bill! I guess the senior moment was getting my YT channels confused. I just remembered seeing good advice.

Of course I should have known better, Steve has more experience fixing Yuneec drones than most anyone else I know of.

Of course I should have known better, Steve has more experience fixing Yuneec drones than most anyone else I know of.

*** Spellcheck ***

Of course I should have known better, Steve has more experience fixing crashing Yuneec drones than most anyone else I know of. ;)

Steve Carr edit: Actually crashing and fixing are good company. I seem to enjoy both.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
I've been reading Peter's various posts on his issues, and it's sounding like the problem is with the bird rather than the controller. Which brings up a thought. I know you can do a factory reset of the ST16, but is there any way to do something similar to the H? Because this is sounding more and more like a glitch in the flight controller, and if there's some way to essentially wipe it and start over, it might fix the problem. I suppose a new flight controller might be the answer. Which brings up another question, this bird was purchased new, will Yuneec still honor the warranty on a machine that's been dismantled multiple times? I'm pretty good at fixing things, but I'd have sent this one back long ago. Just some random thoughts on the subject, later.

Dave

I'm still waiting for Carole to give it a go. I think I will try to do the compass Cal today without the camera and if it doesn't rain give it a whirl. It's such a dumb problem with the damper but it's real. I watched videos and it seems like it irritates them as much as it does me.

Thanks Dave but I don't think the problem is the st16 but it's probably me. The q videos were interesting but it turned out to be easy. This bird is more confusing and most are done quickly and indoors. That is weird in itself but it works on for them. Go figure.

@Peter b
My concern is for your safety as well as others and their property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dave but I don't think the problem is the st16 but it's probably me. The q videos were interesting but it turned out to be easy. This bird is more confusing and most are done quickly and indoors. That is weird in itself but it works on for them. Go figure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop