Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm look at getting a drone for jobs.

Reaction score
I'm looking at typhoon h520 or maybe Phantom 4 pro. For the first month or so mostly be doing real estate. Then would like to do Inspection, mapping, etc. So I would like get a drone that one the one thing with out buying more the one or two drones. Any help thanks.

How many of you guys having runway drones or problem with drones. Thanks

@flyingkar7
Welcome to the forum, a few question before we could suggest anything.
1) Do you now have, or have you ever flown an RC multi-rotor before?
2) Are you located in the USA?

In several countries, including the USA there are now special certifications or permits you must have to fly commercially.
If you are serious about commercial work, the H520 would probably be the best fit for you. You already found the 520 section. Read some of the reviews and questions other members have posted. The H520 is just getting into the hands of some pilots, so there is not much posted as of yet.

Bob

@flyingkar7
Welcome to the forum, a few question before we could suggest anything.
1) Do you now have, or have you ever flown an RC multi-rotor before?
2) Are you located in the USA?

In several countries, including the USA there are now special certifications or permits you must have to fly commercially.
If you are serious about commercial work, the H520 would probably be the best fit for you. You already found the 520 section. Read some of the reviews and questions other members have posted. The H520 is just getting into the hands of some pilots, so there is not much posted as of yet.

Bob
I live in phx az. I have flown few times few years ago. But I have drone know that Practicing on

Good for having something to practice with.
You will need to get your FAA part 107 certificate to fly for commercial jobs in the USA. Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)

The H 520 is more geared for commercial work, and offers several camera options. I have the Typhoon H or 480. I choose the Yuneec over the DJI products because everything was included. I did not need a separate display.
The H 520 is not with out its problems. Some have reported motor issues, camera firmware is lacking, and some of the flight modes are not fully implemented. I am sure Yuneec will sort it out in time.
I know it is a lot of reading, but read all the 520 forum post and decide for yourself.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
At the top right of each page is a magnifying glass, this is a search function for this forum only. It is NOT a Google search.

Reactions: flyingkar7
Good for having something to practice with.
You will need to get your FAA part 107 certificate to fly for commercial jobs in the USA. Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)

The H 520 is more geared for commercial work, and offers several camera options. I have the Typhoon H or 480. I choose the Yuneec over the DJI products because everything was included. I did not need a separate display.
The H 520 is not with out its problems. Some have reported motor issues, camera firmware is lacking, and some of the flight modes are not fully implemented. I am sure Yuneec will sort it out in time.
I know it is a lot of reading, but read all the 520 forum post and decide for yourself.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
At the top right of each page is a magnifying glass, this is a search function for this forum only. It is NOT a Google search.
Thanks. I'm a piolt already and got my 107 done last week. How is h480. How long does it take for them to fix issues. Thanks again for all your help and infor

I have had my 480 since they came out. Had 2 minor crashes (my fault, **** tree limb). One crash as a result of a firmware glitch. Yuneec fixed it for me.
I love flying it, with the exception of rain, I do not care what the weather is, I fly it. It is amazingly stable in the wind. (520 is suppose to be even better) Battery life probably averages 15 minutes. I have gotten close to 19 but I had to really fly for it. The more wind, the more you maneuver around the less battery time. Both the 480 and the 520 are not fast. They are built to be stable camera platforms not racers.
Only thing holding me from any sort of upgrade is a zoom camera. I almost got a 920 Tornado, but Yuneec pulled the 18X camera for it so I didn't.
THIS IS MY OPINION:
If you want to do inspections, plan on doing most of the analysis post flight. The cameras are high resolution enough to use plenty of digital zoom to clearly see what you are inspecting, but without any reasonable zoom, you are not going to see everything durring flight, least not on the controllers small screen. You will benefit from the use of an observer if flying close to wires and antennas.
I have use my H to inspect fellow Ham radio operators towers, at 50-100 feet up, antenna elements and guy wires are hard to see.

Thanks for all the infor. And the your help. Now to timne to think about it for a while

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech