Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Image Stabilisation

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just been reading the full manual for the Mantis Q where it says the Mantis Q only has 2 axis EIS stabilisation when shooting video?

I was under the impression (from pretty much every other source) that it was 3 axis electronic image stabilisation.

Confused :/

I saw a good video on YouTube where “Captain Drone” discovered that it is stabilized at 1080, but not at 4K.
I’m just trying to figure out how to change the video quality to 1080 so I can see for myself. The pilot app has no instructions and the Yuneec website says yes it can be changed in the app, but I’ve yet to find a single clue how to do it. Stabilized 1080 is cool with me on this little guy. Hope this helps.

Hi there Lectric. to find the settings for video, just tap on the button below the the red "rec" circle on the screen (darker circle with 3 lines), various options will appear from the right side of the screen.
Will see 3 icons upwards, tap on the button in the middle to set the shooting resolution, format, ecc.

For further infos, you can find a full guide on the Mantis Q user manual in the download session in the yuneec website.

Reactions: LinsonW
Hi, I'm new to this forum and recently I acquired a mantis that I think has no image stabilization in 1080 or 720 compared the video with spark and bebop power and what makes the difference. Should I do some additional configuration?

I believe it's the same as the Breeze which I have plenty of and it will not compare well with the sparks stabilization as I believe the spark has real 2 axis mechanical.
The breeze is great for the $ though and from all the vids I've seen online it is much better for image vibrancy to try and use 4k and then the image stabilization in software. Of course I'm sure it costs a bit for a good program that does it well.
I can say for a fact that 720p at 60fps is a much smoother image if you dont need the higher resolutions. Try all 3 and I bet you will notice that the colors and what I call the vibrancy/pop is much better in 4k. When you drop resolution it drops the pic down a bit and the colors are rather dull.
Sorry but I'm not good with all the proper words as I'm not a camera guy:( I promise it's easy to see for yourself. Theres a lot to be said for flying it as smoothly as possible. With no wind it can look fantastic.

Last edited:
The mantis have EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) at 720 60fps (average image noise) 1080 30 fps (poor quality but social media acceptable) 1080 60 FPS (very poor quality image, lot of noise in the picture).
In every case the shaking anthe quick moviments wil be not filtered by this camaera because it is NOT EFFICENTLY STABILIZED.
4K has no stabilization at all.
Want to take better videos? you should buy a better Camera-drone.

Didnt realize it had a 1080p 60fps mode. I dont see that listed on their site.
I cant understand why Yuneec didnt at least do a 2 axis spark gimbal with electronic stabilization. It would have probably sold pretty well at the same price point and then charge another $100 for one with full gimbal. Whoever is making the decisions on marketing needs to be fired.
The only way to get a real piece of the DJI pie is to:
do the same but cheaper
Do better at same cost
Much better customer service
Parts and repair pricing and availability
Software
Innovation
Etc....

Also, I realize that the rule now in the US is LOS but they need to find a way to get the kind of range that DJI has so when you connect you dont have to be worried about it. Cant beat DJIs amazing connection range.

I'm not all pro DJI by the way and only own a tello as my sister bought me one for Christmas. Cute little guy but for the same $ you can buy a breeze. I have no regrets buying a couple new ones and another 10 to repair super cheap. Gave me something fun that I can mess with over the winter til I can really fly again.
I'm honestly looking at the H with Intel refurb like a bunch of guys got but just cant decide. I've got enough $ for one but I'm really edgy about all the problems I've read. Cant bear the thought of seeing it do a death spiral, dropping out of the sky or flyaway. Read about some firmware things that messed them up too. Seen vids and read so many bad things about both DJI and Yuneec as far as customer service too and the accident insurance stuff is quite expensive.
Wondering if anyone who bought a refurb H also paid for their insurance too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano Zanandrea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital