Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Incredible Service.

Reaction score
Well for the first time ever after flying hundreds of drones with many different flight systems I had a fly away. During the fourth flight, while doing some turns the H decided to take a trip on it own, totally out of control. Hit the ground, broken arm, camera ripped off. Called Yuneec at 4:46 PM and talked with a very polite young man who told me to send the H back. Got an RMA # and at 5:00 PM had a UPS return label in my email. Could not ask for better service.
Up till this time the H flew flawless. Hope I get it back soon.

Well for the first time ever after flying hundreds of drones with many different flight systems I had a fly away. During the fourth flight, while doing some turns the H decided to take a trip on it own, totally out of control. Hit the ground, broken arm, camera ripped off. Called Yuneec at 4:46 PM and talked with a very polite young man who told me to send the H back. Got an RMA # and at 5:00 PM had a UPS return label in my email. Could not ask for better service.
Wow. Now that worries me. At first I thought some of the posts here were DJI bots planting fake bad news, but now I've read several posts across three different forums concerning this issue. So far I'm just flying my Typhoon in what I would describe as "baby steps." I am very worried about taking it out far or very high because I simply don't trust it. Not off to a very good start.:(

Wow. Now that worries me. At first I thought some of the posts here were DJI bots planting fake bad news, but now I've read several posts across three different forums concerning this issue. So far I'm just flying my Typhoon in what I would describe as "baby steps." I am very worried about taking it out far or very high because I simply don't trust it. Not off to a very good start.:(
This has got me worried also. Like you, I've also been flying in "baby steps" slowly building confidence in the H's reliability. Generally happy so far. Not entirely happy with H's consistency in hovering over one point without drifting.

Yesterday was my first day to fly with my new H.
Got 6 good flights in between battery charges.

On my 4th flight everything was fine and about 10 minutes into the flight
I noticed it was flying crooked at an angle.
I brought it in closer to me and let it hover and it was flying not level at all,
about a 20 degree angle.
At that point I bring it in for a landing with full left stick down and it
just creeps down, I let off the stick and it goes back up by itself.

I check to make sure I'm in angle mode and sonar off, all good there.

I keep holding left stick down and inch by inch it finally get several inched off
ground and won't come down any further, I hit red button and it drops to
ground with no damage.

I do a compass and IMU calibration and the next two flight no problem.
Was a little scary, hope it was a fluke.

John, RBC at this point I would only fly I in open areas, if I had been in an area where there were people this could have been bad. I see no reason for the total loss of control other than software or hardware failure, maybe the log will tell them what happened. What gets me is that it wasn't just loss of control but it went into full forward pitch and throttle.

John, RBC at this point I would only fly I in open areas, if I had been in an area where there were people this could have been bad. I see no reason for the total loss of control other than software or hardware failure, maybe the log will tell them what happened. What gets me is that it wasn't just loss of control but it went into full forward pitch and throttle.
Jesus this is the same behavior I saw with early DJI Naza-M FC's. In fact, DJI in general became infamous in their first few years for flyaways. I mean, geez! They even had the issue with their A2 which is extremely expensive.

I lost my very first F450 build to a fly away. To this day I do not know if it was something I did wrong or the Naza-M FC. I've used many Naza-M's since that time in other builds and never experienced the problem again. Anyway yes, I will not do anymore testing here on my street. I either have to drive the 90 km to my vineyards or find some open space around me here nearby, which is a tall order.:(

Edit: BTW @Typhoon Charlie, were you by any chance in an area with RF or Wi-Fi noise?

No John, where I live houses are far apart several hundred yards and wifi analyzer shows 4 networks all very weak. This is the same place I have logged many hours of testing with out issues.

No John, where I live houses are far apart several hundred yards and wifi analyzer shows 4 networks all very weak. This is the same place I have logged many hours of testing with out issues.
Hey man, care to share what kind of wi-fi analyzer you're using?

Good god , hope it not like a dji naza lite controller.

My naza on 550 hex pin went on its own walk about , then just drop out of the sky .
All I have from that hex is just bits.

The "DJI bots planting fake bad news" issue was and remains suspicuously more likely a Yuneec driven plot in anticipation of the many complaints that were/are sure to follow delivery to consumers of the product they admittedly RUSHED to deliver when those that had deposits and prepaid became agitated and restless......a 12th grade attempt to CONFUSE consumers while throwing darts at DJI that actually worked in Yuneecs favor.....and actually SILENCED many who bought in and had/have issues with their Yuneec H due to the fall out most received in various forums like this one...... for daring to "complain".

The "DJI bots planting fake bad news" issue was and remains suspicuously more likely a Yuneec driven plot in anticipation of the many complaints that were/are sure to follow delivery to consumers of the product they admittedly RUSHED to deliver when those that had deposits and prepaid became agitated and restless......a 12th grade attempt to CONFUSE consumers while throwing darts at DJI that actually worked in Yuneecs favor.....and actually SILENCED many who bought in and had/have issues with their Yuneec H due to the fall out most received in various forums like this one...... for daring to "complain".

LOL, So if I've understood this correctly, A company realises that there latest product is rubbish and in order to prevent people complaining about its rubbish product on forums it sends out an army of bots onto the forums to complain about the rubbish product. It certainly is a long shot.

LOL, So if I've understood this correctly, A company realises that there latest product is rubbish and in order to prevent people complaining about its rubbish product on forums it sends out an army of bots onto the forums to complain about the rubbish product. It certainly is a long shot.

There has been NO "army of bots" complaining about rubbish products.............just a well publicized charade pointing at small handful of PURPOSELY mispelled words and an obvious attempt at using "broken English" by a few,to cause confusion and as has been witnessed even here, SUSPICION of any and all who have posted REAL problems with the rushed to consumer product.

THE REAL long shot is the belief that DJI would bother to waste ANY time or energy sending people to You tube reviews of the TYPHOON Q500, and on forums to try to sway people to buy THEIR products instead of Yuneecs.

Yes i saw the posts you mention, I did not believe then it was DJI doing it but i am pretty sure it was not Yuneec doing it like you suggest.

Has Yuneec posted any info anywhere explaining what they think is causing the problems people are having with loss of control?

This has got me worried also. Like you, I've also been flying in "baby steps" slowly building confidence in the H's reliability. Generally happy so far. Not entirely happy with H's consistency in hovering over one point without drifting.
That's odd. It should hover rock solid. How does it drift... in a straight line or circular?

That's great! Just to manage your expectations, please note that Yuneec has been rather slow with my Typhoon H. I'm on day 21 since receiving an RMA, and they just emailed me to say they apologize for taking 4 days to move my drone from shipping to repair, but I'll just have to wait (i.e., they are not moving me 4 days up the list due to their error). I was advised to call back in a week, which will make it 28 days from issuance of the RMA.

Well heres my story I had at least 10 flights or more on it. Im not sure why this happend but I was bringing it in for a landing and all of a sudden it just freaked out almost flew into a bunch of people.... I was able to get control to miss the people & hit my fence.... And I was not in Smart Mode.... I never fly in smart mode i dont like it. It broke all the props broke an arm off of it and messed up the camera. So I called Yuneec and they gave me an RMA paid Shipping and it was on its way to get evaluated from the ST-16 Log file. So i got e-mail today saying they are sending me a whole brand new unit with all the accessories. I couldnt be happier with them right now.. Thumbs Up Yuneec...!!! Now that was with my 1st one now on to the second one....1st problem one of the clips for the arms wouldn't stay locked and the Camera would not stay connected farther than 100 foot out & if I was recording it would just stop with no warning. Long story short that one just got to Yuneec today....Will see what happens with that one fingers crossed they send me another new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval