Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Indefinite flight time with Hoverfly

good video

It would be interesting to know the length of the cable and see what the cable reel system is like.

Ok where is this cat located I can use on of these for my projects. BYW, I'm heading out next week to Houston using my drone with a construction restoration company. month to month deployment for now.

B&H have them listed but not available yet

Rayray, did you notice the amphicar in the video??? Know anyone who has one with Nevada plates?
be9c0464797e701193a9b80aa6da2aaf.jpg

Reactions: zandoli
Tethered power systems for large multirotors were designed and tested by government vendors several years ago and found to be quite beneficial for some applications. One such example can be seen here in a FLARES press release:
Insitu Introducing ScanEagle Modifications

The drone the multirotor launches and "catches" weighs over 35lbs!

I rewrite this thread because the video Rayray showed us in his day has been officially published. Functionality is important enough to do this :)

P.D.: In this forum we are fortunate to have people directly involved in the development of the H520 :D

I rewrite this thread because the video Rayray showed us in his day has been officially published. Functionality is important enough to do this :)

P.D.: In this forum we are fortunate to have people directly involved in the development of the H520 :D
Yep, hover fly still works, just used that same unit the other day on a project.

Any estimate of how long the H520 can run continuously? I mean, if it's too long it can affect the health of engines by overheating. If there is no estimate, relying on your own experience, how long has it been in operation?

Any estimate of how long the H520 can run continuously? I mean, if it's too long it can affect the health of engines by overheating. If there is no estimate, relying on your own experience, how long has it been in operation?
Longest continuous run, 5 days.

Longest continuous run, 5 days.

xDDDDDDDDdddddddd no need to ask any more questions on the subject, thank you.

5 days is a good test of torture to the mechanic so the reliability is proven :D

Where the cable connects is a battery, but small, I don't know how much but enough. In case you have problems with the cable, breakage or not supplying power, you can use it to land.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval