Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intel Realsense manual?

Reaction score
None of the documentation I received with the Typhoon H profesional seems to contain any information about the Realsense module other than a card listing its limitations. I've also looked on the various Yuneec websites without any joy.

Has anyone out there seen any documentation for the Realsense module?

So not a lot really. There doesn't seem to be any information relating to the IPS or any settings that might be available for the realsense. I can only assume it's on or its off.

You can turn Realsense off or on in the "other settings" menu
under the "System Settings" menu,
but what does the "advanced mode" toggle do?

Reactions: Merlin
I have now only 3 flights with this brand new copter with RealSense so i have yet to try it out.
Nevertheless, yesterday when copter was on the ground, motors not working, I tried ti switch obstacle avoidance but ST16 returned that it is not possible to activate.
Is this because copter was not flying or ?

I too could not find what I consider proper documentation. I was making a demo video of flying thru an area with and without RealSense (which given the way it performed I would call NonSense). I hope my ill fated use of it was my fault because of limited documentation. When I flew it towards remnants of an old stone building it would stop not very smoothly quite a distance from the structure. I was flying slowly but it's halting made it clear to me I could not produce video with it worth using. A tech support person informed me that distance from the object can be adjusted...ok. However when I tried to fly thru the structure and back again it could not do that because of its very unsmooth perfomrance. Things like follow me with the Wizzard are worthless for almost everything I do because I don't want to be in the shot. When I flew without RealSense I could do much more fluid shots and had many more options than when RealSense decided where I could fly. I'm more than willing to except responsibility for the poor performance except for the fact that there is no in depth knowledge base / instructions to guide the new user as to how to get the most out of it. With my limited experience and knowledge I find it not ready for prime time but perhaps Ver. 2 or firmware will make it useful for me but I'll never know until a proper tutorial or detailed documentation is released or I find the time to spend a few hours sorting it out myself.

Yuneec spent good money making the Realsense promo so perhaps they should make it obligatory to give us a training video of any new features they introduce. It should not be left to the community to communicate the benefits of a new product and how it works. Who ever developed Cruise Control should have explained it in a practical visual way. But then seing the CEO give a crap Powerpoint presentation at Interdrone says it all.

Hey Ho off to fly my H this afternoon.

I have now only 3 flights with this brand new copter with RealSense so i have yet to try it out.
Nevertheless, yesterday when copter was on the ground, motors not working, I tried ti switch obstacle avoidance but ST16 returned that it is not possible to activate.
Is this because copter was not flying or ?
Today when flying the H Pro, I decided to switch on obstacle avoidance to get some idea how it worked. A few minutes later it reported that obstacle avoidance was unavailable.

Ho hum......

Yuneec spent good money making the Realsense promo so perhaps they should make it obligatory to give us a training video of any new features they introduce. It should not be left to the community to communicate the benefits of a new product and how it works. Who ever developed Cruise Control should have explained it in a practical visual way. But then seing the CEO give a crap Powerpoint presentation at Interdrone says it all.

Hey Ho off to fly my H this afternoon.
Intel invested $60 million. I would have thought they might have insisted their Realsense technology was well documented.

Reactions: jaykay2
Have had a similar issue with Realsense in watch me mode, with the drone twisting left right back forward for no apparent reason, credit it did keep the camera in the correct direction all the time. However I am just trying to play and in all honesty a bit scared to use the Realsense for anything other than stopping the drone flying into an obstacle on RTH. Why, because I am trying to work it out by trial and error. which is not really what I should have to do on a £1500 drone. Realsense has been out a while no so surely Yuneec would have tested it (perhaps not) and are able to write some basic instructions of DO's and DO NOT's.

If I mess up and it crashes will yuneec replace it, probably not.

Reactions: Merlin and jaykay2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval