Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IPS on GPS off

Reaction score
Hi,

I trie to fly indoor only with IPS but GPS signal is suffisant to prevent starting !
0-6 satellites : ok for take off with IPS
>12 satellites : ok for take off with GPS
between 7 to 12: nothing possible except manual mode
Is it possible to make GPS off but keep IPS ?
the option "GPS OFF", on ST16, seems to deactivate both (GPS & IPS).

Other case : on the floor no GPS signal but during fly (with IPS) the GPS signal become better. What is happenning ? Typhoon switch to GPS ?
Very, very dangerous if it's the case.

Good questions I have just fitted the RealSense kit to my Typhoon. I want IPS for some indoor Motocross filming in a large outside barn type building so have purchased it for this primarily.

Anyway spoke to Yuneec UK today to query activation and turning IPS on. With the Typhoon on the ground with motors off you put the left control stick in the bottom corner with the OBS Avoid in the middle, Flight mode in the middle then toggle the flight mode whilst holding the left control stick in the lower left corner 4 times through its range until the Typhoon bleeps. IPS is now on. On take off it will display IPS where it is showing Ready in the top right corner and use IPS as the primary input. Ive got it to work in the front room but need to try it in a sports hall to be confident.

Like to hear any other feedback from other users. Not much on here about it unfortunately.

Reactions: Arclat and Pilot60
Hmmm...
On the left side display: SAT 0, GPS ready. IPS displays at gear up. Maybe OBS works also indoor, because of GPS ready Status. Test tomorrow. This would be great.

Reactions: Trisyuneec
Hmmm...
On the left side display: SAT 0, GPS ready. IPS displays at gear up. Maybe OBS works also indoor, because of GPS ready Status. Test tomorrow. This would be great.

Did you follow the instructions I posted to activate the IPS? Look forward to hearing results.

Yes. It works. But OBS works not with IPS switched on. I will make a testflight tomorrow.

IPS works fine. To switch in IPS , you must flip the switch very fast. I make a try indoor and it stays where it is. It also works outdoor. Better then GPS Mode. Very stable.

I also had a test flight today indoors at work (High ceilings in the workshop) IPS was very stable, downside to indoor with IPS is the OBS has to be off. So it is very stable but you have to fly manually with no safety built in so to speak. Shame the OBS avoid isn't active.

I havent tried IPS outside but imagine it is only any good at low altitude doubt its any good at height. Tried the RealSense out today as well and attempted to fly into my van. Shame the speed is reduced so much with RS/OBS active but it was very good at detecting danger.

Hello,
Has anyone tried the IPS outside and has an altitude of 50 m?
I am currently working on shots outside, in the mountains and at the bottom of the valley.
I can not activate the GPS because I do not have enough satellites and I would like to know if in this case the IPS would do me service, because I fly in manual.
Can we trust ?
Thank you

Attachments

• gorges 700 k.jpg
    gorges 700 k.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval