Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is it a wonder we look to DJI !

That’s where I ordered it from...that’s for the Plus
yes spotted that after posting as the description say for the h but when you check model its not plus only also bad is the fact they say 3 to 5 days waiting for stock on the h model and as you said you have been waiting much longer

Reactions: Steve0510
I too had plans to buy the C23 for the H. It became increasingly obvious the camera might be delayed for months and perhaps never. At the time the E90 was priced at around $1300 so some quick math.....$1900 for the H Plus minus a $1300 camera = $600 for the H Plus which is a more capable machine and can carry more weight with much better efficiency.

I was always skeptical about putting a $1300 camera on a $300 airframe which is out of warranty. If something fails Yuneec is not going to replace the camera. The decision at that point was an easy one. I'm very glad that I went with the whole kit. It has turned out to be a much more capable aircraft than the H.

Both Clifton Camera and Yuneec UK were supposed to correct their advertising a long time ago. They are both aware of the conflict and failed to respond appropriately.

I too had plans to buy the C23 for the H. It became increasingly obvious the camera might be delayed for months and perhaps never. At the time the E90 was priced at around $1300 so some quick math.....$1900 for the H Plus minus a $1300 camera = $600 for the H Plus which is a more capable machine and can carry more weight with much better efficiency.

I was always skeptical about putting a $1300 camera on a $300 airframe which is out of warranty. If something fails Yuneec is not going to replace the camera. The decision at that point was an easy one. I'm very glad that I went with the whole kit. It has turned out to be a much more capable aircraft than the H.

Both Clifton Camera and Yuneec UK were supposed to correct their advertising a long time ago. They are both aware of the conflict and failed to respond appropriately.

That's interesting and a very good point, they are very vague when i ask them, I am going to cancel the order i think

Reactions: Steve Carr
Let’s not get to carried away here. DJI released a 1” camera that does not fly on a standard Mavic. Same as our 480 predicament. At least a Yuneec dangled the prospect of a 1” camera for the 480 but instead put out the Plus with larger airframe and stronger batteries and totally redone controls and flight hardware and software. Maybe they realized the amount of ill will that would come from a thousand dollar camera being destroyed by the drone not actually built for that payload.

So if you want a 1” sensor, the choices are limited and DJI does not have that edge yet under control as it’s a P4pro, Mavic Pro, or Typhoon Plus that gets you there at similar price points. There is rumors of a P5 but I bet it’s still a non panning gimbal. The fact you can’t buy the zoom camera and swap on the Mavic Pro seems ridiculous to me and if they did that, I’d consider walking from Yuneec over to DJI. So there is no one solution for all the different demands currently in my opinion.

That being said, my Anafi kicks all of these cameras *** in control, portability, ease of use, subject framing, and yes even the video or still images in both pre and post viewing. It also gets better with every update and the price dropped for BF sales by close to $200.00 which moves it closer to the Air as it’s nearest price point competition. I’ve logged over 350 flights with my Anafi with no issues ever.

For this market segment, the next bar should be 1” sensor with lossless zoom and gimbal designs that keep your props out of the shot when starting forward flight. This is not available from anyone as all of these high priced consumer camera drones fail here in the videos people post. The 480 is very trustworthy for getting good motion without this issue so it’s sad that the Plus has this problem. So since the Mavic Pro fails here also, I’ll stick to my Plus and the better 360 degree gimbal control and use it for “film” work and keep my 480s for “sport” shots when required. I’m hopeful for the Autel Evo in the future as they threatened a 1” sensor last CES I believe. So Yuneec is not alone in the misleading specs, hype, or broken promises that plague this hobby.

Let’s not get to carried away here. DJI released a 1” camera that does not fly on a standard Mavic. Same as our 480 predicament. At least a Yuneec dangled the prospect of a 1” camera for the 480 but instead put out the Plus with larger airframe and stronger batteries and totally redone controls and flight hardware and software. Maybe they realized the amount of ill will that would come from a thousand dollar camera being destroyed by the drone not actually built for that payload.

So if you want a 1” sensor, the choices are limited and DJI does not have that edge yet under control as it’s a P4pro, Mavic Pro, or Typhoon Plus that gets you there at similar price points. There is rumors of a P5 but I bet it’s still a non panning gimbal. The fact you can’t buy the zoom camera and swap on the Mavic Pro seems ridiculous to me and if they did that, I’d consider walking from Yuneec over to DJI. So there is no one solution for all the different demands currently in my opinion.

That being said, my Anafi kicks all of these cameras *** in control, portability, ease of use, subject framing, and yes even the video or still images in both pre and post viewing. It also gets better with every update and the price dropped for BF sales by close to $200.00 which moves it closer to the Air as it’s nearest price point competition. I’ve logged over 350 flights with my Anafi with no issues ever.

For this market segment, the next bar should be 1” sensor with lossless zoom and gimbal designs that keep your props out of the shot when starting forward flight. This is not available from anyone as all of these high priced consumer camera drones fail here in the videos people post. The 480 is very trustworthy for getting good motion without this issue so it’s sad that the Plus has this problem. So since the Mavic Pro fails here also, I’ll stick to my Plus and the better 360 degree gimbal control and use it for “film” work and keep my 480s for “sport” shots when required. I’m hopeful for the Autel Evo in the future as they threatened a 1” sensor last CES I believe. So Yuneec is not alone in the misleading specs, hype, or broken promises that plague this hobby.

Hearhear...

Anafi looking quite tempting btw.....

:)

Very Interesting assessment Craig. My Guess in regards to the DJI P5? I think if they do bring it out it will have a major refresh in design layout. To bring out yet another fixed gear quad in the traditional Phantom layout seems redundant to me. As we look at DJI, one thing that can be said of them is they are forward thinking and do not play 'catch up' in the consumer market, they leave that to their competitors. I believe they have to realize at this point, the competition has done just that in terms of image quality and in many ways the Plus has that and more.

Not to beat the horse, but the bold text pretty much describes the 920+/CGO-4 combination. I'll argue the CGO-4 is a better camera than the C-23 by quite a lot, only lacking 4mpxl. It may well be the C-23 chops that 4mpxl difference off and tosses it out in order to offset the curved horizon image, which would make the CGO-4 equal or better in image resolution. The problem is there are no apps, it's large, and Yuneec removed GEO data collection features from the Panasonic hardware. I have not yet seen anything to suggest DJI's new Hassleblad camera on the Mavic is equal to Panasonic's GH4 (on which the CGO-4 is predicated) and higher cameras. As Yuneec has already made and marketed this system we know they are capable of doing it again, if they wanted to. Of more importance Yuneec has a proven flight controller (Pixhawk) that has a great many attributes available that were blocked from access in the Typhoon H. As Yuneec established they could adapt Panasonic code and hardware to function effectively with Pixhawk there's plenty of reason to believe they could do the same with whatever drives the C-23 and E-50. For whatever reason Yuneec elected to run with the PX4 control system in which they have not been able to incorporate functionality that provides 1/10 of the mission capability of Pixhawk. For the record, the deficiencies/inconsistencies in Yuneec's PX-4 flight control capabilities is precisely why I have not bought either a 520 or an H Plus.

We might surmise the only reason Yuneec is not and has not kept pace with market demand is because they don't want to. Perhaps the question should be why?

Another question I have is what is being described by "lossless zoom"? Does that describe an optical zoom as opposed to digital zoom or something else? Digital zoom sucks at any level. If it describes optical zoom once again the CGO-4 provides that.

Last edited:
This brings up a question I have had, and I think I know the answer now. However I would like someone to verify my suspicions. I'm guessing that the ST16 controller is used for the H920 because it is an option in Model Select. I am also guessing that is why I see the CGO4 as a camera option in the settings.

Right so far?

At first (actually all this time) I thought this meant that the H480 could use a CGO4. But according to the chart that @thetrecker posted it is not supported. This would seem to answer my question with a "No, the 480 does not support the 'O4".

Well then if this is the case I'm not as dumb as I look and I can stop wondering. Just as well, even though the CGO4 looks like a great camera I think I would much rather buy an H Plus before I $pent the buck$ on a CGO4. I'd even have enough left over to buy some extra batteries for the Plus!

Two Plus batteries alone will cost almost 400 bucks
OUCH! :eek: ...There went my dream of buying a Plus anytime soon!

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Yeah I know - I paid 193.00 & change for one battery! At the time the only place to get one was Best Buy and you have to pay tax. But I needed one so I bit the bullet. However you do get two with the Plus when you get one.;)

As all my old H batteries are going belly up it looks to be time to make a couple small airframe modifications and start shopping for standard batteries. It will be interesting to see how much capacity can fit the well without that plastic battery shell.

This brings up a question I have had, and I think I know the answer now. However I would like someone to verify my suspicions. I'm guessing that the ST16 controller is used for the H920 because it is an option in Model Select. I am also guessing that is why I see the CGO4 as a camera option in the settings.

Right so far?

At first (actually all this time) I thought this meant that the H480 could use a CGO4. But according to the chart that @thetrecker posted it is not supported. This would seem to answer my question with a "No, the 480 does not support the 'O4".

Well then if this is the case I'm not as dumb as I look and I can stop wondering. Just as well, even though the CGO4 looks like a great camera I think I would much rather buy an H Plus before I $pent the buck$ on a CGO4. I'd even have enough left over to buy some extra batteries for the Plus!

OUCH! :eek: ...There went my dream of buying a Plus anytime soon!

Te H will never be able to carry a CGO-4 as the camera and gimbal weigh almost as much as an H. The 920 is a much larger vehicle.

The 920 started out life being controlled by an ST-24 and could handle different cameras and gimbals but for reasons we won't delve into here Yuneec decided to "improve" the 920 and had everyone send them back to be converted to a 920 "Plus". Their use of the word "Plus" to describe the updated model was quite a deception as the 920 Plus is not nearly as versatile as the original 920. When that happened a lot of stuff in the 920 was discarded and replaced with a version of the components used in the Typhoon H. The ST-24 and all it's functionality was pulled by Yuneec and replaced with the ST-16. As the ST-16 was originally intended for the Typhoon H a firmware update was released that added 920 and CGO-4 firmware to the H firmware in the ST-16, perhaps to make future updates easier to accomplish by reducing the number of firmware versions that would be needed. What's sort of funny is in order to fly a way point mission with a Typhoon H you have to build a curved cable cam flight plan in the air but using the same ST-16 controller you can build a way point flight plan on the ground with a 920 Plus. You cannot import maps for the Typhoon H but you can for the 920 Plus. A Typhoon H cannot use a CGO-4 but the 920 Plus can use a CGO-3 or CGO-ET using the same ST-16 controller.

100% Agree. Get a refund and move on. That said, if stills is your thing @Steve0510 , I assume you are using the raw images from the CG03+ correct? While the stills from the C23 are amazing, the ones from the CG03 aren't necessarily bad. That said, I would not hold my breath waiting for the C23 to come out and work with the standard H. In fact if you think about it, what is the difference between what you paid for the camera alone and the cost of a Full-Boat H Plus? A grand? Two Plus batteries alone will cost almost 400 bucks - that means you get a brand new Plus and St-16s controller for 500.00 (at least this is how look at it). If I were working with my Typhoon I would ask myself is it worth it to hold off and wait indefinitely or should I just jump in and get started? I went through this same progression back in June - bought a Plus and have no regrets.
Although I partially agree with your assessment of only paying an additional $500 that is the typical marketing approach for everything. The brand new H is for sale for $699. I bought mine through B & H for $599 on a flash sale. Steve Carr also purchased the B & H H for that price. The H was marketed originally with the marketing promise of camera upgrades. Yes, I unfortunately believed the marketing hype. The 520- is a supreme drone with a much improved camera but I can't afford to keep falling for the next marketing hype/scheme!

All the major market outfits are playing the same “upgrade” game with their own particular variation. They learned what was started in the RC hobby industry 20 years ago quite well, and expanded it.

Yuneec has, and continues to miss the mark on what consumers want, and need. If you combine the functionality of all of their drones, then that would be the target. Why have the technology and not incorporate it in all of their drones? Yes they finally have a 1" sensor for their cameras, but not without distortion. They have the ability to fly with way points, but only on the 520, that is a standard feature on almost all new video drones. 4k at 60fps, great so does many others. They have only met with the standards of their competition that has been around for quite some time (DJI P4), except the P4 has way point programming. And if anyone mentions CCC you are crazy. I don't want to waste a battery or 2, flying a mission that I could have programmed from the beginning. The only reason I liked the H480 was because of Tuna's UAV pilot, otherwise I would never have used it. The reason I'm still rooting for Yuneec is because of the stability of the H's 6 prop system that allows me to fly in the very windy area I live. Otherwise I use my Inspire2 or P4. I improved my image quality of my H480 with the 82 degree lens, however it made my mapping a challenge, as there was warping due to the jpg info was now incorrect, despite the pictures being clearer. I'm almost done with Yuneec and will not purchase another drone unless I see and hear they start supporting their other products already released. They had only a couple of updates for each drone, some improved and others actually failed (as previously mentioned 920). I have own a Q500 4K, 920Plus, H480 Pro from Yuneec, so don't say I haven't supported Yuneec. I just don't have much faith, and may have to sat goodbye like many others who not only supported, but promoted them in the past. I actually bought my H480 pro after almost giving up on Yuneec with my 920plus issues, because of facebook pages and videos from individuals who no longer support Yuneec. I have wrote letters to Yuneec without response, as well as called without any real answers or explanation. I'm glad I didn't buy the 520, and unless there aren't updates to the C23 I won't be buying the H Plus.

Reactions: thoneter
I also made the jump for the Typhoon H to a H plus only to get a better camera, longer flight time and standard 2 batteries. Very heppy with the C23 and the longer flight time. As with my H until now i did not have any problem except one i made myself by using an old battery who was aliitle bit puffed. O yes if you have a lot of batteries for your H no problem you can use them on your H plus with an average flight time of 18 min

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yuneec has, and continues to miss the mark on what consumers want, and need. If you combine the functionality of all of their drones, then that would be the target. Why have the technology and not incorporate it in all of their drones? Yes they finally have a 1" sensor for their cameras, but not without distortion. They have the ability to fly with way points, but only on the 520, that is a standard feature on almost all new video drones. 4k at 60fps, great so does many others. They have only met with the standards of their competition that has been around for quite some time (DJI P4), except the P4 has way point programming. And if anyone mentions CCC you are crazy. I don't want to waste a battery or 2, flying a mission that I could have programmed from the beginning. The only reason I liked the H480 was because of Tuna's UAV pilot, otherwise I would never have used it. The reason I'm still rooting for Yuneec is because of the stability of the H's 6 prop system that allows me to fly in the very windy area I live. Otherwise I use my Inspire2 or P4. I improved my image quality of my H480 with the 82 degree lens, however it made my mapping a challenge, as there was warping due to the jpg info was now incorrect, despite the pictures being clearer. I'm almost done with Yuneec and will not purchase another drone unless I see and hear they start supporting their other products already released. They had only a couple of updates for each drone, some improved and others actually failed (as previously mentioned 920). I have own a Q500 4K, 920Plus, H480 Pro from Yuneec, so don't say I haven't supported Yuneec. I just don't have much faith, and may have to sat goodbye like many others who not only supported, but promoted them in the past. I actually bought my H480 pro after almost giving up on Yuneec with my 920plus issues, because of facebook pages and videos from individuals who no longer support Yuneec. I have wrote letters to Yuneec without response, as well as called without any real answers or explanation. I'm glad I didn't buy the 520, and unless there aren't updates to the C23 I won't be buying the H Plus.

Sorry you do not want to buy the H plus for myself i never again wil buy a DJI again. to much troubles with their technical support to begin with (i had a inspire 1 and before i could fly it it went 2 times to their technical support with a wait time of 3 months each. My inspire was 8 months old before i could fly it). I'm really happy that i made the jump for H to H plus. Why does every one needs waypoints, learn to fly and fly your own waypoints maualy. In my country flying waypoints is a no go if something happens while flying waypoints i even could lose my license. Also the disctance discussion is also something i really do not get. I have to fly and keep an eye on my drone visually (thats the drone law here), so flying far away even flying FPV (with goggles) is forbidden here.

For what it’s worth, granted probably no interest, and I’m not suggesting a look on the dark side... reputation had a sour bitter past, but if work has been done to improve, it’s worth noting. Personally, in the last 18 months or so I’ve had exceptional service from DJI. Until I started eBay Hunts for used parts, electronics, & cameras I had no interaction with any service dept on new purchases, very lucky I guess based on Other’s frustrating events. I’ve heard many previous painful stories. My Yuneec, Parrot, & DJI new Purchases have been great! ;)

Many used eBay purchased items worked as promised after sale; But several cameras, an Inspire 2, and various pricey components... didn’t work as expected and I assumed after sending in for repairs the cost would probably be greater than new or they’d refuse service. To my surprise, through a new web service... it was a quick web initialized service ticket, they generated & sent a prepaid shippping label, they’d send an email when package was received with a web tracking number to monitor status through repair process, updated emails when serviced, responses from Techs, email with estimates to repair and amazingly have covered all repairs ( 6 items so far) for “free” even with enclosed eBay receipt showing used item (required to show proof of purchase). Total cost so far is zero, about 6-9 days turn around on each separate ticket... no cost on shipping either way. On 2 seperate Z3 cameras sent in bubble wrap, they returned in new fitted cases!

On two other events, I’ve emailed the Tech with questions on custom builds. Within a day, a response indicating they don’t directly support this customization but proceeds to answer or suggest possible options; on one event I was passed up to level 3 Tech discussion... on a non-supported build.

Again, not suggesting a fence jump... but I recognize any company taking the effort to make improvements and evidently service was needing improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval