Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the "CCC mode" reliable ?

Reaction score
Until yesterday I was a satisfied user of our H; zero problems and good video quality.

Yesterday I try the "CCC mode" to do a low-flying tract (about 7 feet) and then get up and flying over a tree.
Started the CCC trail, the H drops to collide with a shrub (about 1 foot), and, obviously, it falls.

1 propeller broken and damage to the rubber connection of the gimbal (see photo).

Enclosed is also the telemetry logs of the day; the log of the crash is "da 0029" (I think), but all are strange because begin with altitude 0.0 and end with an altitude > 0 (takeoff and landing in the same place).

The altitude measurement, on the ST16 is meters, but in the log do not know, although it would be more realistic if it were in meters.

Now I ask few questions to those who are more experienced than me (everybody, I think):

1) someone successfully uses the "CCC mode" for flights to 7-10 feet?

2) The telemetry log values, are ever in feet, or depends of the ST16 setting (so for me would be meters) ?

3) Yuneec has been acknowledged to someone, as warranty, similar damage (in my opinion is a bug of the CCC mode) ?

4) It seems that the CGO3+ normally (or almost) work , so I was thinking to use the 'H in next week's holiday; you think you could damage the CGO3 + ?

Thanks in advance for any response.

20160710_152210.jpg

Attachments

• Telemetry 20160709.zip
    630.2 KB · Views: 7
Until yesterday I was a satisfied user of our H; zero problems and good video quality.

Yesterday I try the "CCC mode" to do a low-flying tract (about 7 feet) and then get up and flying over a tree.
Started the CCC trail, the H drops to collide with a shrub (about 1 foot), and, obviously, it falls.

1 propeller broken and damage to the rubber connection of the gimbal (see photo).

Enclosed is also the telemetry logs of the day; the log of the crash is "da 0029" (I think), but all are strange because begin with altitude 0.0 and end with an altitude > 0 (takeoff and landing in the same place).

The altitude measurement, on the ST16 is meters, but in the log do not know, although it would be more realistic if it were in meters.

Now I ask few questions to those who are more experienced than me (everybody, I think):

1) someone successfully uses the "CCC mode" for flights to 7-10 feet?

2) The telemetry log values, are ever in feet, or depends of the ST16 setting (so for me would be meters) ?

3) Yuneec has been acknowledged to someone, as warranty, similar damage (in my opinion is a bug of the CCC mode) ?

4) It seems that the CGO3+ normally (or almost) work , so I was thinking to use the 'H in next week's holiday; you think you could damage the CGO3 + ?

Thanks in advance for any response.

View attachment 1828
Like you I found that the height was a little erratic and mine did not follow the EXACT route. However the start point always seemed to be accurate which I regard as a great asset. This enables me to position the H perfectly. I just clipped the grass as I was way down. No damage fortunately I doubt that I always fly in the clear I will have any problems with a slight height drop.

Reactions: Marco Falchi
That's what I'm counting on. One of the reasons I've not used em.

I have a follow-up question on this...funny thing is I was just testing out CCC for the first time today and it seemed to work well. QUESTION: can the speed along the 'cable' be controlled? it seemed that once the mode started the left stick forward would move me along the cable route, but I did not notice if there was any difference in speed related to how far forward I would push on the stick it seemed as though the speed was fixed...anyone know if the speed along the cable cable can be controlled?

Thanks!

I have a follow-up question on this...funny thing is I was just testing out CCC for the first time today and it seemed to work well. QUESTION: can the speed along the 'cable' be controlled? it seemed that once the mode started the left stick forward would move me along the cable route, but I did not notice if there was any difference in speed related to how far forward I would push on the stick it seemed as though the speed was fixed...anyone know if the speed along the cable cable can be controlled?

Thanks!

This was posted from another member, can't remember who but its good info so I copied and stored it.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

. . . I was just testing out CCC for the first time today and it seemed to work well. . . .

Even to me, the first test, the "CCC mode" worked well, but I was flying above 30 feet.

From the figure of the manual, it seems that with the "CCC mode" you can fly low, but it is not so.

To date, the CCC mode may perhaps serve for aerial photos, not for impressive video.

Flies high and safe.

This was posted from another member, can't remember who but its good info so I copied and stored it.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.
This is absolutely correct, but I noticed when I start mine it moves very slow. A lot less than 10mph. That is way to fast for CCC I think, but it is possible. It will start slow then speed up when you pull up again and slow down when you pull down. Hard to figure out since there is no indicator on the speed control when you are adjusting. Just looking at the telemetry is all you have, dji has a speed setting you can adjust at any time during the mission. More informative, but you can't fly backwards like the H which is awesome! It's like 2 missions in 1. If they can improve on the speed settings then this mode will be perfect I think. CCC is so much fun especially when you have an fpv headset.

CCC mode waypoint height is not very accurate. Mine varies +/-10ft (about 3m). I think we're going to need the IPS unit before it becomes more accurate and holds it altitude well.
Wow! I hope that ips will help that cuz 10ft is way to much for it to be off. Mine has held up real well thankfully.

1) speed single up on left stick starts out slow, second up goes to 10mph, now tap down quickly to bring it to 8, 6, 4 mph.. you can see mph in left side of ST16 real-time

2) calibrate altitude before running waypoints. Must when using low altitudes because weather pressure changes in 10-15min causing altitude to be incorrect on second/third flights

3) Curved Cable.... key word Curved... so it curves between waypoints so if there is a difference in altitude between two waypoints it could curve further below the next waypoint! Create more waypoints in-between so the cable is less curved. Other plus is camera angle and drone pan will be more fluid if using pan:follow to automate camera footage

Reactions: Marco Falchi
1) speed single up on left stick starts out slow, second up goes to 10mph, now tap down quickly to bring it to 8, 6, 4 mph.. you can see mph in left side of ST16 real-time

2) calibrate altitude before running waypoints. Must when using low altitudes because weather pressure changes in 10-15min causing altitude to be incorrect on second/third flights

3) Curved Cable.... key word Curved... so it curves between waypoints so if there is a difference in altitude between two waypoints it could curve further below the next waypoint! Create more waypoints in-between so the cable is less curved. Other plus is camera angle and drone pan will be more fluid if using pan:follow to automate camera footage
How do you calibrate altitude?

1) speed single up on left stick starts out slow, second up goes to 10mph, now tap down quickly to bring it to 8, 6, 4 mph..

Thank you for the info...but this part confused me a little... can you re-explain this first step please?
Thanks!

Thank you for the info...but this part confused me a little... can you re-explain this first step please?
Thanks!

When you select start, the drone flies to waypoint 1 and stops. Now press up one time it will fly at a slow speed (speed listed on left side of screen). Press up on left stick a second time it will fly the route at 10mph. If thats too fast a light tap down will decrease speed, another light tap will decrease again. Decrease until you get the speed you want listed on the ST16 left side in real-time

When you select start, the drone flies to waypoint 1 and stops. Now press up one time it will fly at a slow speed (speed listed on left side of screen). Press up on left stick a second time it will fly the route at 10mph. If thats too fast a light tap down will decrease speed, another light tap will decrease again. Decrease until you get the speed you want listed on the ST16 left side in real-time

...got it. Thanks :cool: ....that's a pretty cool feature!
....does it work that way for the speed on 'Point of Interest' and 'Orbit' also?

So it has 4 total speeds?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval