Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a camera that does Near Infrared?

See attached :)

I like the way you've implemented both the Sequoia and the sun sensor. The whole, how much does it weigh? The battery is missing, isn't it?

I like it, thank you for sharing it :)

See attached :)

Nice mount for the H520, is this your own 3D Printer design? Do you have the 3D file or is this kit available to be purchased?
The Sun Sensor is on a separate mount, do you have a few additional photos of the kit?
Looks like the Multisprectral mount's width is for a specific size, but in a position multiple camera brackets could be used for different sized multispectral.

Looks like a nice kit, well thought out.

Here is the link that has the H520 with the Parrot Sequoia+ set up. This is the Nir camera and also has a regular camera inside as the 5th lense. Threw the research of this I have contacted Sentera for maybe using their Field Agent software with the E90 for Vari reports, being $29 a month for a full AG program is better and does more than anything else I have seen. Unfortunately, Sentera support team says they do not support the E90 in any way. So to use Sentera you need to have the Parrot Sequoiat or(+) or the edge red camera. Note also the power source for the camera is a little funky if you ask me.

I totally agree, before, when multispectral cameras were so expensive, it was still allowed, but today I don't know if there will be any agronomist who accepts it. In fact, even if you have a multispectral camera, if you don't give absolute values it will also make you look bad. To do this must use a calibration target, the same to all the successive sampling.
The Parrot Sequoia+ has the sun sensor that will balance the calibration to match from day to day or each flight so you have true numbers. That is the + part

The Parrot Sequoia+ has the sun sensor that will balance the calibration to match from day to day or each flight so you have true numbers. That is the + part

That's correct, and the Parrot's Bluegrass system includes the Sequoia+ model. I'd like to have a close view of the Bluegrass to see if the Sequoia system is the standard casing that "could" be transferred to use on H520 mount kit. If not, I'd think a few parts replacement components could provide the external cases if desired. Personally, I'm still leaning to the Bluegrass to obtain the whole package for initial exposure to the process and then if needed, transfer to new platform.

The other brands / models Sentera & Rededge also have light sensor component too.
The only negative of the Sequoia compared to the higher priced Sentera & Rededge is the built in RGP sensor. It apparently it's RGB is on the lower end of the quality.

Here is the link that has the H520 with the Parrot Sequoia+ set up. This is the Nir camera and also has a regular camera inside as the 5th lense. Threw the research of this I have contacted Sentera for maybe using their Field Agent software with the E90 for Vari reports, being $29 a month for a full AG program is better and does more than anything else I have seen. Unfortunately, Sentera support team says they do not support the E90 in any way. So to use Sentera you need to have the Parrot Sequoiat or(+) or the edge red camera. Note also the power source for the camera is a little funky if you ask me.

With additional pictures, the mount is a nice looking mount... does appear to be a 3D printer product. Although for a weight conscience mount, it's using GoPro screws, GoPro Mounts, and suction cup top mount for Light Sensor, all of which I'd prefer smaller & lighter components. The 3D printed mount arms & sensor mounts, are both very nice and look well thought out!

On the E90, I'm not sure it's a problem. You can use it to capture the detailed RGB layer... is there a GPS meta data within E90 photos?
One of the 3rd party tools could probably provide the accurate layering of images.

Allow me to correct you regarding sequoia +. The sequoia + is exactly the same as the normal one but thousands of tests have been done in the factory to get values that are very close to the absolute values. The solar sensor does the same. What is the difference? That thanks to these values certain programs are able to support them and "not" need a calibration target. But beware, the last time i look at it only was supported by Pix4D, now I do not know how the matter will be. Therefore with a calibration target you can use the data with any program.

It's an advantage but at the same time it's a little tricky if you use a program that doesn't support it. That you use a program that does not use it? in 2 minutes you have taken pictures to target and in other two you have introduced the data in the program.

It took me a long time to find out how it really worked and I was a little angry because I had bought the normal version not long before the Plus version came out :rolleyes:

In the end it was a matter of 150€ to buy a calibration target (from the Parrot brand itself because the rest I found cost at least 500€) and dedicate 5 minutes more work ?

Allow me to correct you regarding sequoia +. The sequoia + is exactly the same as the normal one but thousands of tests have been done in the factory to get values that are very close to the absolute values. The solar sensor does the same. What is the difference? That thanks to these values certain programs are able to support them and "not" need a calibration target. But beware, the last time i look at it only was supported by Pix4D, now I do not know how the matter will be. Therefore with a calibration target you can use the data with any program.

It's an advantage but at the same time it's a little tricky if you use a program that doesn't support it. That you use a program that does not use it? in 2 minutes you have taken pictures to target and in other two you have introduced the data in the program.

It took me a long time to find out how it really worked and I was a little angry because I had bought the normal version not long before the Plus version came out :rolleyes:

In the end it was a matter of 150€ to buy a calibration target (from the Parrot brand itself because the rest I found cost at least 500€) and dedicate 5 minutes more work ?
From what Parrot put on the information package the solar sensor is not included in the older model and you have to calibrate it with the target package. The plus is the newer version that will calibrate to a truer value due to having the sensor. I am very frustrated in just trying to find the best program for doing the wide range of work that the H520 can do in all the fields to hear about how the program works with a DJI product with limited information for Yuneec. What does Yuneec have to say about this? Do they recommend a particular program to use with their product? With the E10T coming out I would think they have to have made this camera with some kind of 3 party program for the processing of the images.

Sequoia:
I'm not confident on Plus vs Standard nomenclature; when I looked at them about a year ago they had 2 models and one included the Light Sensor to improve calibrations and grid readings. Assumed that was the "plus", maybe it was just "unit & light sensor". Looks like it worked out in the end.

Short side tangent... @SmokinAmerican
I'm with you on the E10T thought path. I use both DJI & Yuneec and for the 3rd party products: map, autonomous programming, 3D, Ag specific, etc it's pretty difficult to use platforms simply NOT supported and that's normally been Yuneec. Regardless of Brand opinion or the banter of Brands; in vertical markets or specific requirements, if one provides the industry accepted tools and the other lacks... a workable path is the path taken or simply take a pass on opportunity. I'm not that brand focused to ignore an opportunity... not practical if wanting to get into various opportunities. I've been holding off on either/both a Zenmuse XT 640 Radiometric and XT2 640 watching where the E10T 640 develops.

Although, I am encouraged... the last 6-8 months, the H520 package has improved and in the last year, 3rd party market started with advertisment chatter and now seeing 3rd Parties adding support for the H520. It's nice to see the H520 platform is finally being utilized and included in 3rd party retail SW development. It's not only a matter of being used in any 3rd party software & hardware, it's needing to be included in the "widely accepted" software & hardware recognized by clients or specified within business requirements for the projects. If the products support multi-platform: Inspire 2, Matrice 210, Matrice 600Pro and the H520; the H520 is more justified to purchase comparable to all platforms that can be utilized. Lower cost in Platform, lower cost Battery Pak, and lower cost of optional hardware: cameras, etc.

On the subject of the E10T, this is one Thermo Camera to watch. It's a FLIR sensor and it's basically a DUO (FlIR & RGB). The E10T with 640 Thermo, is now in the same ballpark as the Zenmuse XT2 at practically 1/2 the Retail cost ($7k vs 12-14K). If the E10T 640 can be used with SAR & Fire specialized, Roofing specific, Solar Panel specific focused products along side the M210, M600P then it's a Great solution at 1/2 the expense for the camera and a huge reduction in platform cost. It's not happening if it's solely Yuneec; it needs buy-in, it needs the acceptance of the 3rd Party too... and it's made huge strides in getting acknowledged during the last year. I'm a little confused why it's only the H520, I haven't seen any acceptance of the H Plus yet and that would be an even lower cost platform in comparison to both the H520 and DJI commercial platforms.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
If you're looking for multispectral and not simply converting a single lens from CGO3 with a IR / NIR, your best option is one of several Multispectal cameras that includes an RGB (5th lens) as well. With analysis software & reporting, you'll need to provide actual images overlaid or on same report to provide the data needed.

If the products that support DJI platform don't settle with you, look at other specialized platforms. One being a moderate priced, Parrot Bluegrass full package including Pix4Fields software.

This totoal package integration is helpful with for learning, and obtaining support as you continue to define your ideal setup.

Plus you can easily adopt additional NDVI SW, or move the Parrot Sequoia multispectral camera to alternate platform. Actually you can mount the Parrot Sequoia on the belly of the H520 and mount the light sensor on top and fly the Ag Field with any Map software desired and continue using the CGO3 or E90 as your standard Nav Camera connected to ST16.

Revisiting DJI, the above scenario is basically what is performed on DJI too. You can use DD, UgCS, or dozens of great mapping/Ag/Terrain specific Apps with a multispectral mounted to the belly performing a separate collection.
DJI does not provide their own Multispectral camera... yet, nor focused Ag Terrain app.

If you're wanting to avoid purchasing additional platform, then look into the Parrot Sequoia Multispectral camera... it's offered in several other "Brand" labels or similar models by Ag focused Products. Check out Sentera or MicaSense RedEdge too.

I personally like the Parrot Bluegrass complete package... the hardware and Pix4Field is useable on other platforms but for starters it puts it all on 1 support team.

That all said, I too looked at modifying several CGO3 cameras, gave that up quickly as I discovered more withn the Ag desired requirements. And... you can mount a Multispectral & light sensor on any platform including the H520 easily.
If you would please give a list of or dozens of great mapping/Ag/Terrain specific Apps I really could use this information. Thanks

Sequoia:
I'm not confident on Plus vs Standard nomenclature; when I looked at them about a year ago they had 2 models and one included the Light Sensor to improve calibrations and grid readings. Assumed that was the "plus", maybe it was just "unit & light sensor". Looks like it worked out in the end.

Short side tangent... @SmokinAmerican
I'm with you on the E10T thought path. I use both DJI & Yuneec and for the 3rd party products: map, autonomous programming, 3D, Ag specific, etc it's pretty difficult to use platforms simply NOT supported and that's normally been Yuneec. Regardless of Brand opinion or the banter of Brands; in vertical markets or specific requirements, if one provides the industry accepted tools and the other lacks... a workable path is the path taken or simply take a pass on opportunity. I'm not that brand focused to ignore an opportunity... not practical if wanting to get into various opportunities. I've been holding off on either/both a Zenmuse XT 640 Radiometric and XT2 640 watching where the E10T 640 develops.

Although, I am encouraged... the last 6-8 months, the H520 package has improved and in the last year, 3rd party market started with advertisment chatter and now seeing 3rd Parties adding support for the H520. It's nice to see the H520 platform is finally being utilized and included in 3rd party retail SW development. It's not only a matter of being used in any 3rd party software & hardware, it's needing to be included in the "widely accepted" software & hardware recognized by clients or specified within business requirements for the projects. If the products support multi-platform: Inspire 2, Matrice 210, Matrice 600Pro and the H520; the H520 is more justified to purchase comparable to all platforms that can be utilized. Lower cost in Platform, lower cost Battery Pak, and lower cost of optional hardware: cameras, etc.

On the subject of the E10T, this is one Thermo Camera to watch. It's a FLIR sensor and it's basically a DUO (FlIR & RGB). The E10T with 640 Thermo, is now in the same ballpark as the Zenmuse XT2 at practically 1/2 the Retail cost ($7k vs 12-14K). If the E10T 640 can be used with SAR & Fire specialized, Roofing specific, Solar Panel specific focused products along side the M210, M600P then it's a Great solution at 1/2 the expense for the camera and a huge reduction in platform cost. It's not happening if it's solely Yuneec; it needs buy-in, it needs the acceptance of the 3rd Party too... and it's made huge strides in getting acknowledged during the last year. I'm a little confused why it's only the H520, I haven't seen any acceptance of the H Plus yet and that would be an even lower cost platform in comparison to both the H520 and DJI commercial platforms.
Short side tangent. TH+ is only going to stay for the video and photography level. That is why there is a price difference between the two. Yuneec I think will not shot themselves in the foot over the profit differance and the work load capibilities.

I am curious, If I send the pictures to a company that says they do not support the drone or the camera do you think they could still process the photos?
FieldAgent Platform | Agronomic Software | Sentera

For the cost of $29 a month and for what they offer I would be willing to pay if only the stitching and the field analysis would be worth it. If the pictures where jpg and renamed how could they tell where and what took the photos? Any thoughts??

I am curious, If I send the pictures to a company that says they do not support the drone or the camera do you think they could still process the photos?
FieldAgent Platform | Agronomic Software | Sentera

For the cost of $29 a month and for what they offer I would be willing to pay if only the stitching and the field analysis would be worth it. If the pictures where jpg and renamed how could they tell where and what took the photos? Any thoughts??
actually, I think their "supported" list of platforms is what they've mounted & tested. If you can mount it and configure a method to trigger it to provide consistent overlap throughout the grid, the GPS & Data within the Photos will be enough to process the IR or mesh points, depending what you're attempting. If you own their camera that includes a User Login to their service, I don't think they'd know or care what you mounted on. Some products the software integrates with platform control software, but for the independent collection if you can reliably trigger it on a autonomous grid... it'd work. Just my 2 cents.

If you would please give a list of or dozens of great mapping/Ag/Terrain specific Apps I really could use this information. Thanks
Check out the few primary brands listed above, or Google them, the search results would point to various sites or competition to explore. Some take a bit of reading to see if it fits your scope, but the main Ag brands are a great start.

Also the other thread on Mapping and 3D have several great products to examine.

Sequoia:
HI,

Sorry to be late but just spotted this discussion.
As for Sequoia and Sequoia + they both have been sold with sunshine sensor called ambient light sensor from the very beginning. I have a piece from 2015 or 2016 and it consisted of the camera itself and the sun sensor. The difference is exactly as @arruntus described. Thousands of tests made plus to be calibrated the way that it does need any further radiometric calibration while on site before and/or after flight. One saves €150 on a piece of cardboard called calibration panel and said few minutes for taking pictures of it.

Hope i helped understanding the difference.

Hi guys,
I use three E50s for multispectral work.
I need the relative response curve of the CMOS CCD sensor of the E50 to be able to calibrate my shots.
Can somebody provide me either the curve or the manufacturer's reference of the CMOS CCD sensor?

Hi guys,
I use three E50s for multispectral work.
I need the relative response curve of the CMOS CCD sensor of the E50 to be able to calibrate my shots.
Can somebody provide me either the curve or the manufacturer's reference of the CMOS CCD sensor?
hi,

could you pls. expand on how you use these three e50s for multispectral work?

Hi,
I've changed the lenses for multispectral lens and I calibrate the camera befor and after each flight.
Each cam is able to take on 3 bands.
After that a lot of "artist works" to maange the picture and having the spectral levels ;-)

That's why I need the relative response curve of the CMOS CCD sensor of the E50

I would suggest contacting Yuneec EU to see if they can possibly obtain that information or the brand and model of the sensor they use so you can get the information from the manufacturer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my