Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a way to check voltage of the Breeze battery other than using the Breeze App?

Reaction score
On my other drones, including the Q500 I have devices that will allow me to check the voltage of the batteries, without connecting to the controller, but I have not been able to find one for the Breeze, is there some device that will adapt to the Breeze battery?

See post #10 in this thread Battery blinking blue light. It shows the terminals and you can use a multimeter to measure the voltages.

There was a person in Europe that was 3D printing an adapter for the Breeze for use with third party chargers. A Google search may still bring it up.

Reactions: Mokuluanui
[QUOTE="is there some device that will adapt to the Breeze battery?[/QUOTE]

Or if you get REALLY bored one day, you could try making an adapter for your breeze charger, using the connector from an old Q500 battery.

See Thread titled "What is the black board inside a Q500 Battery for? " in the Q500 "How To". ( Tried to insert a link. didn't get it to work).

Post #12 has some pictures.

Last edited:
Robbie, did you delete the post that said you used the Typhoon H adapter on the Breeze battery? I read your reply in my email, just wondering if it works on the Breeze battery.

Robbie, did you delete the post that said you used the Typhoon H adapter on the Breeze battery? I read your reply in my email, just wondering if it works on the Breeze battery.
yes, I deleted that message because it indeed had the incorrect link. I don't think the Typhoon adapter would work for v the Breeze, the connector looks different.

If you can purchase a bad OEM Breeze charger for cheap (<$5) you can tear it apart and have the balancing part of an adapter. Add the main leads to the outside contacts and you’ll have one that can be used on a third party charger. I’ll take a picture of mine and post it later this morning.

Here is a link to the DIY I posted in the How To section DIY- use connector from OEM Breeze charger to make adapter cable for third party charger..

Last edited:
Thanks again to all for your replies. I'm going to look into the adapter alain gave, it is $22.87 US, so I probably will stick to the original charger and the breeze app to estimate voltage.

That's a nifty adapter. I basically made that but a bit more crude from a parts drone.
I have been thinking about other batteries with more capacity. Yuneec could have certainly made a larger capacity one fit if they didnt do the modular OEM thing. Theres space inside that cavity for much longer flights.
I've posted a bunch of lighting stuff and before I ended up in the hospital (hopefully going home today) I was trying to see if some pretty strong 3 and 1.5W lights would be an issue for the breeze to carry as they have pretty big heatsinks and there didnt appear to be an issue.
We are talking about just hovering around inside the house though for safety sake.
I think the total weight was somewhere around 70 grams but I would need to recheck that.
I mention it as my lighting projects have mostly turned into 12V off the main battery which hasnt yet been more than a few hundred mW as far as actual light draw. Have to factor in carrying additional weight though.

Just wanted to follow up about how I check the voltage of the Breeze battery, I used a multimeter and the diagram that was posted on this board. It worked perfectly! I was able to check the overall voltage and the individual cells in seconds. Then I went to check my other LiPo batteries and was successful, until I went to check the Q500 batteries and I couldn't get the probe into the balance plug slots. Not a problem because they make devices for that battery anyway. But the main thing is that testing the Breeze battery is a "breeze" with a multimeter.

Piercing needle multimeter probes allow you to check almost anything

By the way, I've ordered a 1550mAh 3s that should fit without a problem but it's a bit confusing at this point what the battery weight is. I'm going to be wiring in an xt60 connector to one of my breezes with wire long enough to easily connect it to the battery and with the space inside the battery area there should be no problem fitting it all inside. I will try it out first with a 1300mAh one that only adds 20 grams plus whatever adding the extra wires with connector comes to.
I'm seriously wondering why Yuneec didnt use the space more efficiently to increase battery capacity. I would REALLY like to know what the limiting factor is for flying this thing. Is it something overheating, motor lift capacity or something else.
I've seen videos showing people trying to add a full gimbal to an mjx bugs 3 where it can lift it with camera at first but then a motor drops out for some reason or maybe battery voltage drops just enough after a minute to not be able to give enough lift. Not sure if they had tried a 3 cell though as even though it calls for 2s it can handle 3s.
I havent had any issues crop up yet on the breezes lifting capacity and honestly have been really impressed.
The Breeze weighs about 400g with everything. What that means is battery and prop protectors. The prop protectors weigh12.5g. So, you can at least add that weight back in lighting or 1300mAh battery capacity if you remove them.
Now I realize that most people think prop protectors are for amateur/beginners but frankly that's a pretty childish view on the subject. Theres nothing wrong with trying to protect your investment regardless of how long you have been flying. Just a pet peeve of mine. Funny how common it is for experienced fliers to crash.
Anyways, the heaviest I've flown I believe is 55g extra but I may have tried 85g right before I went into the hospital but my fever took away my memory of it. If I taped on a breeze battery that would add 101g but I cant believe it would handle that.
The reason I mention that is I found a 3s battery at around 2200mAh that would fit but weighs about 100g more. That would be really something if it could somehow take the weight strain.
What I'm looking for is a 3s battery with no more than 21mm height. 20mm slides in nice and 21mm would be very tight. So. If anyone can come up with something larger than a 1550 let me know.

Well I did order that 2200mAh 3s. I can always use it for something else if it doesnt work out.

416g without prop guards and 429
with. I could certainly shorten the battery wire but it's not necessary.
I could have also not bothered with leaving the original battery connector in place but my goal was to minimize changes.
The internal battery connector certainly takes up some valuable space and could be removed easily with a dremel.
Its definately best to solder your wires to the same spots on the internal connector that the drones power wires are soldered to if you dont remove the battery connector holder.
20190211_082153.jpeg20190211_092624.jpeg20190211_093826.jpeg20190211_084124.jpeg20190211_104720.jpeg20190211_104749.jpeg20190211_104833.jpeg20190211_104840.jpeg20190211_110134.jpeg

Last edited:
Almost forgot that the other reason for keeping the original battery connector is so I can still use the original batteries.
I'll be testing soon the runtime with a breeze battery with between 3-6 cycles on it to 20% and then the 1300mAh I have and then 1550 and possible 2200 if they are 20-21mm in height as they claim.
Theres wiggle room horizontally so I'm not expecting that to be an issue according to the battery specs. Lengthwise is a matter of just how far the battery is going to stick out and whether the breeze can compensate for both center of gravity and weight.
I just tested a breeze battery full weight (prop guards on) to 20% and got 9:20 running inside hover with small corrections to keep it within a couple feet of takeoff. Corrections needed because of the small size of the room and stuff in it like chairs that had some affect on the position. I will say though that a few seconds after takeoff I noticed that the battery said 88%.
I think that is something I have noticed before. I'm not sure what the C value of the breeze battery is. Anyone know?
Waiting .5 hours before running the test with the 1300mAh 80C battery.

Well I got about 1.5 minutes longer flight time but had a weird issue i didnt expect that kept popping up about as much as it didnt the whole 11 minutes to 20%.
What are we looking at here? When I opened a breeze battery pack I dont remember seeing anything different about it than any other lipo pack.....
20190211_150400.jpeg

Heres a breeze battery20181116_064550.jpeg20181116_064622.jpeg20181116_065333.jpeg
Actually I just realized what must be happening.
The battery wires I installed are running up on one side against the foil that is obviously meant as shielding and the running all the power that the breeze needs through them is causing the magnetic field compass error.
Hmmm, that really stinks. Cant think of anything else that could cause it as I just ran another breeze battery through it with no issues:(

Last edited:
That makes sense.
I am wondering whether you would be able to route the new battery wires outside of the Breeze's housing, one on the left flank, the other on the right flank, and let them meet in the XT60 connector at the rear.
By the way, are you sure that this heavy gauge is required? I know that people use wires like that for race on free-style quads on 3 S batteries, but I would be surprised if the Breeze had the same kind of AMP draw. The original wires in the Breeze have a lighter gauge...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval