Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there any positive posts on Typhoon h

I got my TH in Feb. if it weren’t for the bricking caused by an incomplete firmware update I’d have flown a lot more. I finally got the firmware update installed after following a video by Jeff Sibelius. Since then the only issues I’ve encounters are pilot errors. I’ve learned a lot about flying this bird from YouTube videos and following this forum.

I'm delighted with mine. I got one of the first into the UK over a year ago and have done almost 300 flights and it still flies beautifully. The only issue I've had is occasional camera disconnects, but then I'm using European firmware.:)

I flew both of my H's yesterday for about 1h20m total fight time. It was unbelievable that I did all that and not one incident to report. Went up, left, right, right, left and performed five succesful landings without one broken prop. Maybe I'll try to flying my oldest H into a tree at full speed and see if the Typhoon can read my mind and anticipate my intent to crash it. If it can't, I'll blame Yuneec's lack of ability to read minds and avoid the crash and then I'll buy the 520. o_O

I flew both of my H's yesterday for about 1h20m total fight time. It was unbelievable that I did all that and not one incident to report. Went up, left, right, right, left and performed five succesful landings without one broken prop. Maybe I'll try to flying my oldest H into a tree at full speed and see if the Typhoon can read my mind and anticipate my intent to crash it. If it can't, I'll blame Yuneec's lack of ability to read minds and avoid the crash and then I'll buy the 520. o_O

So...what you are saying is that you were only able to force the H to land 5 times and its motors aren't even strong enough to break its own props? ;)

After 16 months of fun, you can call me another satisfied TH pilot. I've had 2 incidents that were both my fault. The damage was repairable and I learned some things. Enjoy your aerial cameras!

Hi , I must say that I agree with a few options express before about this site being targeted by other proprietors. People just can't be that stupid or can they. To make a point about looking at you tube and this forum for tips,some of the videos have descriptions of perfectly OK for beginners,that said , that is if they read the books and heed advise from others with experience. Being an old builder there was a slogan written on the top of a well known paint can that read IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST. T hat is what l have done and I fly on average of 5 batteries every day so I am getting the hrs up and that is since I got the H in May 2017 from Haydn . I have not had any problems (touch wood) and don't expect any. Ask questions they are a lot cheaper than repairs. Keep flying on the green side of the grass. Johnno Hennessy

Reactions: Rayray and AH-1G
I got my H at the beginning of June last year...one of the first available to consumers in the U.K. Overall, I've been happy with mine. The one downside is that I get the camera disconnect issue from time to time (EU firmware). I did have an issue with the boot up connection time...it was getting longer and longer, but a firmware update solved that one.

That mindset is why I decided to upload most of the videos I get from my TH. Since a lot of people come to the forum looking for solutions to their problems or to share their crash experience its easy to get sucked into the Negativeness of those issues. As others have mentioned almost no one comes to share how normal everything went.

I've also had a few misshaps with the H, most of them traced back to me making a mistake.

One thing that I do keep in mind is to never rush any flight, and regularly check Hardware monitor to see if controller is giving the desired command output before flying.

If you are interested in that kind of "uneventful" flights with the H you can check out my YT channel Jules_Flies I've also documented some issues I've experienced.

Greetings!

I'm new to this forum, but I have to say all.i read is horror stories about the yuneec products, I have 2 drones that I am afraid to fly because of what I read here, is it possible that human error is the cause , most likely I guess, it be nice to read some positive posts, on what not to do, and a technical preflight check list. Just saying.

You asked for a positive post, so here I am.
I'.be had my H since July 2016. I have over 40 hours and over 10 flights. Still have the original props! Never crashed. Biggest scare was when I launched using the Wizard without checking the battery level. The Wizard died and the H hovered just out of reach. It finally came down enough for me to grab it and hold on until the H battery died. I have flown in 15+ mph wind and love this aircraft's stability.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this aircraft.

I'm new to this forum, but I have to say all.i read is horror stories about the yuneec products, I have 2 drones that I am afraid to fly because of what I read here, is it possible that human error is the cause , most likely I guess, it be nice to read some positive posts, on what not to do, and a technical preflight check list. Just saying.
That was supposed to be "over 100 flights", not ten!

Reactions: Graham
I have been flying for years, I started flying drones about five years ago. There have been issues from all manufacturers. When I wanted something bigger i looked at multiple makers. DJI was one of them. I was afraid to buy because I bought a Blade 350 QX and it had flyaway issues enough to get the blade 350 qx2. A lot better but not something i trusted. So I sold it. Fast forward to today. I chose the Typhoon H Pro. Hasn't failed me out of many flights. The only issues I have had is with compass alerts in some spots. Follow the manual and learn the lights on the H it will tell you by flight characteristics and lights on the rear. I just recalibrate and the compass is fine. The obstacle avoidance feature is great and trust me if the H was that bad as some say you would see videos the st16 controller records those flights, legit users post telemetry files or videos.. not a complaint and never come back.

My wife had never done anything at all with radio control except the remote garage door opener. She flies the "H" perfectly. I do all of the preflight and maintenance set it on the ground and hand her the ST-16 and away she goes.
That tells me two things, the "H" is easy to fly because it was designed to be that way. And my lady is real smart too. She has to be she married me!
There have been only two crashes one was my fault and the other goes to a young lady in tech support. She talked me through a calibration procedure that was flawed and caused the crash. She and Yuneec replaced all six of my broken props.
The one I caused I was in the protected circle and switched to smart mode and it backed away in to a fence and broke one prop. That was on my second flight.

Last edited:
You know how valuable your H is when it's down for repair. Recently I wiped the camera off on a bush while flying low to the ground in high speed follow. I've done this a couple times before and my H keeps going with a few inexpensive parts.

My Solo is close to my H in follow performance but the Wizard Wand is a bonus with the H when on the trail.

Both Solo and the H have dynamic altitude which is a must on steep trails. I don't want to bash DJI but my Phantoms absolutely suck in active track or GPS follow, and no dynamic altitude control.

Check out this video starting at :37, the H makes it look easy. 30 mph up a trail hands off while swerving left and right. I will say Solo can do this but without the retracts and 360 gimbal the legs and props get in frame. Oddly at about 15 mph the H rotates and faces the direction of flight and the camera aims to the rear. In the older firmware the H flew backwards.

Oddly at about 15 mph the H rotates and faces the direction of flight and the camera aims to the rear. In the older firmware the H flew backwards.
The Watch/Follow scenes are great!
I complained to Yuneec almost a year ago that the TH flew backwards and sideways in the autonomous modes when it could be flying forwards so we could use the Obstacle Avoidance feature. That's the beauty of the 360-deg camera and retracts. Apparently, they listened!

RealSense OA does keep the craft nose facing direction of travel while keeping the cam aimed at subject. But about 10-12 MPH is top speed with RS active.
If there are no obstacles, or if the craft is elevated above them, turn RS OA off and zoom up to 40 MPH or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie