Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there any positive posts on Typhoon h

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but I have to say all.i read is horror stories about the yuneec products, I have 2 drones that I am afraid to fly because of what I read here, is it possible that human error is the cause , most likely I guess, it be nice to read some positive posts, on what not to do, and a technical preflight check list. Just saying.

Lots of great posts but people that have some problem or another, from one cause or another, are the most vocal. For the most part the problems you read about were caused by user ignorance and not a failure on the part of the flight system. I have a pair of H's myself and fly the dickens out of them. Had one issue last December, Yuneec took care of it, and everything has been happy, happy ever since. Hundreds of flights, over 2500 photos and videos, one problem that was quickly and easily resolved.

Now go fly. if you haven't checked firmware versions or performed an update yet, don't. There's no need to update right away, it will fly just fine with every firmware version. This is where a large percentage of user issues occur. They don't know what they are doing and fail to follow video demonstrations covering how it's done and wank everything up going about the process half azzed. Read the Quick Start Guide, watch the calibration videos, learn it, enjoy it, before you try changing anything in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G
Well I wish I would have posted this sooner, I've already updated, however I checked the channel settings and they are all correct. But is there anyway to revert back to previous firmware?

As with anything, you will rarely hear about the lack of problems....so I'll make this post about them.
I flew my H yesterday. I didn't crash.... darn it. The start button started the motors properly....who knew. Then, get this, I didn't lose any satellites. And to top everything off, I didn't tip it over when I landed.

Reactions: Cruziness and Rubik
As with anything, you will rarely hear about the lack of problems....so I'll make this post about them.
I flew my H yesterday. I didn't crash.... darn it. The start button started the motors properly....who knew. Then, get this, I didn't lose any satellites. And to top everything off, I didn't tip it over when I landed.
Great post. Lol I mean it.

Well I wish I would have posted this sooner, I've already updated, however I checked the channel settings and they are all correct. But is there anyway to revert back to previous firmware?

If you've updated and all is well, you are good to go. Some people have issues during the update and, by their posts, it got "bricked".

You know, I just wonder if our competition come to this form and purposely post issues to make Yuneec look bad???? When you look at most and I say only most of the posts, it's pilot error due to laziness not reading and not understanding how to properly fly a drone. So Dan enjoy your flights be safe and vigilant of your surroundings.:) Oh by the way, yes there will be times electronics fail, nothing is perfect! Neither am I, at least that what my wife said.:(

You know, I just wonder if our competition come to this form and purposely post issues to make Yuneec look bad???? When you look at most and I say only most of the posts, it's pilot error due to laziness not reading and not understanding how to properly fly a drone. So Dan enjoy your flights be safe and vigilant of your surroundings.:)

You know I have thought the same thing about others bad mouthing yuneec , to hear that theory from another, just validates my initial opinion . thanks

With any product made you will always hear the negitave more than the positive .
People do not go out of there way to say positive things ...

But i would say for every bad post there is 99 people happy and just did not post .

Im sure you have had a good vehicle and most likely you did not post good comments about it .

Enjoy your bird ....

On your first flight let the H sit, after it boots up, for 13 minutes. That allows enough time for the GPS to finish updating.

Reactions: FlyingLow
I have 3TH all with over 125 hrs of perfect operation. The only problem I've had was traced to operator error. Very disappointed not being able to pis and moan about how terrible Yuneec is. Oh well gonna have to buy a P4P.

Everyone try this: after your H is fully armed with ST16 turned on and GPS fixed, place your hand 12 inches above the GPS and move down until it's directly above the GPS module. Report back what happens. If nothing happens and your H GPS remains locked, good.

Thanks everyone for your input, this what figured, people go out but semi hi end remote avionics, and just take it up and think its going to fly itself with no knowledge of its going to respond, I'm taking the time to see how responds, and the more I talk to you guys the more I learn. I'm going to take baby steps as remote controled aircraft is new to me, but I love it thanks for adjusting my head.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have been flying the Typhoon H for over a year. I have never had even a hard landing much less a crash or any loss of control. I have had some issues with the camera but these were quickly fixed at no cost to me.
Read the manual. Don't start out in smart mode.

I have two Typhoon H's two CGO3 and one CGOET camera.
Have flown over 40 hours with each and not a single problem.
In my opinion for what it's worth, the most important part of flying is that boring bit before take off!
In other words make 100% sure everything is setup correctly, you have a flight plan and always a plan B
I built a number of early DJI kit drones, Flamewheel etc, and have flown the new DJI products, all of which are good.
The weak link is always our rush to get in the air!

Reactions: Jacansel
Mine was one of the earliest Typhoons to arrive in the UK. It's flown beautifully and consistently for the 15 months I've flown it. Simple as that.

The only flaw is that I don't get enough time to fly it. :D

I've had 4 issues so far, the first two are definitely on me, I was in Smart mode by mistake while being to close to my H so it would not back up toward me. The second was not waiting when throttling down to land and I bumped the throttle which caused my H to skip, drift, and tip on the ground breaking two props. My 3rd was a lack of response due to dirty pots in the sticks, easily viewed in the hardware monitor and remedied with plastic safe electronic component cleaner, however my last issue may or may not have been me, my H was stuck in the air at an altitude of 30' and would not come down. I fiddled and fiddled, brought the landing gear down, and finally got it to respond and come down. I have seen issues with altimeter drift and I'm assuming I hadn't noticed my altitude on takeoff or that it may have been drifting which seems to me to be resolved with a simple reboot of the H. All in all I love my H which I've had for over a year. To be honest, I haven't owned anything RC which hasn't had any issues which needed to be addressed so I personally think holding DJI and Yuneec to a higher or different standard is a bit unfair. Everything, I fly or drive has it's quirks which you just need to get used to through experience. Because of the way drones are marketed I guess the companies put themselves in the position of being held to a higher standard but to be fair, they all have their quirks but you are still the pilot and are responsible for what you are flying.

We all go through the sweating palms, warm nervousness and shaky feelings from time to time but that will fade with experience and time. There's nothing more nerve wracking than controlling $2k of your money but the gamble usually pays off if you are patient, take your time, don't rush, or show boat. Never let friends or spectators distract you, learn to remain focused on your one and only job at the time. When starting out, I find it's usually best to find an isolated place and go it alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie