Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there some secret to consistent recording ??

Blender,

The expected video file will likely not be usable. It should exist, but the file is left in an open or unusable state.

Powering on the H, along with starting and stopping video, then power off, may sometimes close the aforementioned file, allowing it to be viewed.

Not a guarantee each and every time, so best to make it a habit to stop video every time, before shutting down the H. I have introduced the habit of taking a still photo before power down. More for starting a slide show for those apps that don't like starting slide shows with an mp4 as the first in line. But... it also helps me to remember to stop any video.

Jeff

So if you forget to stop video before shutting down the H you will not have said video?
If you forget to stop the video, put the card back in the camera and power up again. Press the record button to start and then stop video again. That should close the file. This works with most video cameras.

Only reason I get 128gb ones is due to cost the same and I can also use in my other equipment

Correct.

If you don't stop the video before shutting down it fails to write an end of file marker on the video file. Recovering the file is iffy. Some people have reported tricks to get it back but they've never worked for me.

That must have been the problem with my last flight that crashed, and the reason that when I tried to view the video hoping to learn something about the crash I just had a 4 second video of taking off. I was bummed as I wanted to watch my H find those trees that weren't ;) out there when I started the flight.

Gary

Question for you blenderbender have you downloaded uavtools onto the st16 to see if there’s video on it I also have a 64gb sd card and there’s also internal 4gb I think that may have the video

downloaded uavtools
When you turn on the ST16 there is an arrow on the lower right side of the screen. Press the arrow and then select the video or picture icons. You can view your videos from there.

That's also a good way to check to see if you pressed record.

Last edited:
Reactions: tcwhite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder