Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ITELITE vs 4 Hawks Raptor range extender

Yes, they are all about the same, just a matter of how they mount, I have a new set of FPVLR's in the classified if your interested.

I personally just build my own. If I feel the need for a boost. Lots of info on the Web look up ibcrazy alex

I own and have used both now for sometime also. With that being said the 4Hawks is “in my opinion” way more sleek,versatile,durable, attractive but does seem to be a bit taller. Regardless of how it looks “performance” is what we are shooting for. I believe these are both in the same ballpark when it comes to performance BUT I have noticed that I can get out a little further without any break up whatsoever with my 4 Hawks Raptor SR. So if I were to choose one over the other I would say 4 Hawks! It’s the latest and greatest so of course it should be just a bit more functional.

View media item 702View media item 675

Itelite is the predecessor from 4Hawks.

They are basically the same, only 4Hawks looks are more up-to-date.

So I bought the Itelite DBS05.6B & while I do get decent range out of it I still get video signal that has freeze frames when not that far out. I happened to find the build quality pictures for both the Itelite & the 4Hawks antenna & you tell me which one looks like it would be better suited for signal improvement? I'm leaning on the side of the 4Hawks Antenna but tell me your honest opinions, when I say honest opinion I only want you to tell me which one you think would get overall better signal improvement, not anything like well one or the other will be more than enough to go out a specific distance! Thank You Tom C

View attachment 7439 View attachment 7440 View attachment 7441 View attachment 7442 View attachment 7443

Wow, thanks! I always wondered what my Itelite looked like inside! I only got very marginal improvement when using in my city of San Diego - probably the most dirty airspace on the West Coast. I got about 1,000 feet. on my stock 3 antennas and 1,600 feet before I lost video on my Itelite. One thing everyone must remember, signal distance is directly related to the area/city/country you are flying in.

When I fly in Hawaii, I get about 3,000- 4,000 ft before I loose video feed. This is in the North Shore of Oahu where there is very little interference except maybe for military stuff on the other side of the island. So even with these ideal conditions, I don't think my H Pro can make it to the 1.5 mile distance as advertised. I don't care because I NEVER fly without line of sight anyway.

Yesterday, I read an article about DJI and it mentioned that manufacturer's have built in limits to distances drones can fly anyway. So if Yuneec has the just over 1 mile limit, doesn't it make aftermarket antennas unnecessary anyway? I don't think anyone has ever addressed that question for me. I know we have all seen improvements using Itelite but, do you think there is limit in the Yuneec software we don't know about?
15202558_10207357206278292_90075297210943689_n.jpg

So I bought the Itelite DBS05.6B & while I do get decent range out of it I still get video signal that has freeze frames when not that far out. I happened to find the build quality pictures for both the Itelite & the 4Hawks antenna & you tell me which one looks like it would be better suited for signal improvement? I'm leaning on the side of the 4Hawks Antenna but tell me your honest opinions, when I say honest opinion I only want you to tell me which one you think would get overall better signal improvement, not anything like well one or the other will be more than enough to go out a specific distance! Thank You Tom C

View attachment 7439 View attachment 7440 View attachment 7441 View attachment 7442 View attachment 7443

You know what I think is best? If they were exposed with out their plastic covering! :p I know they would look unfinished but does anyone know how much (if any) signal is lost covered in a plastic tomb?

I know everyone is gonna have there own opinion but anything in between point A to point B has some sort of resistance. I don’t believe it’s Yuneec. I chalk this up as “the limits are the limits.” All these aftermarket products are great and similar in ways. BUT, These are drones not spaceships and go to infinity. Very great point you bring up though of the plastic covers.

Reactions: m5zealot
You know what I think is best? If they were exposed with out their plastic covering! :p I know they would look unfinished but does anyone know how much (if any) signal is lost covered in a plastic tomb?

I don't want to expose my TH480 to the elements. I'm keeping the covers on although mine are painted orange now.

The frequencies used are in the 2.4GHZ and 5GHz bands. Your wifi resides in these bands as well. Do the plastic covers of your home wifi and computer equipment work with their covers on? There are also FCC limits to the power used by transmitters in these bands. There are many good reasons the FAA wants us to maintain Line of Sight flight.

Reactions: m5zealot
Look what I found! Pilot swears it added more distance. :D
20140919_160653_zpsa8f6hawl-jpg.51937

Regardless of what antenna system you use, we all need to be aware of the legal limits that we should all be flying within.
For me, an aftermarket antenna is not about increasing the actual distance that I can fly out to, but much more about making sure that the signal strength that I have between my aircraft and I are the strongest and most stable that they can be.

When you are looking at a craft such as the 480, the majority of the use is for video/photo and the lions share of this can be achieved within LOS range. There really is no need to try and break some sort of long distance record with these things, but more-so to ensure that the signal you have is the best it can be, to protect your investment and also for the safety of others.

Reactions: rdonson and Nesher
I'm jumping into this discussion very late and trying to get caught up. I know very little about antennas but I "think" I read here that the "upgraded antennas" that Yuneec put on their latest H+ & Pro models that is mounted down by the 2 landing gear struts is virtually useless unless you also add an additional antenna on your ST16 even if you also received the 3 antenna ST16 model? Can someone straighten me out here please?

I'm jumping into this discussion very late and trying to get caught up. I know very little about antennas but I "think" I read here that the "upgraded antennas" that Yuneec put on their latest H+ & Pro models that is mounted down by the 2 landing gear struts is virtually useless unless you also add an additional antenna on your ST16 even if you also received the 3 antenna ST16 model? Can someone straighten me out here please?
The two antennas on the bottom of the H are for telemetry and control signal. They work at a very long distance. There should be no need to modify them as long as they are not broken. They should be straight down or bent out at a slight angle.
Replacing the antennas on the ST16 will improve all three signals: video, telemetry and control.

I have the raptor sr with the typhoon pro. I also modified the craft and moved the 2 antennas to the outside. I have no video or telementry drop at x treem distance. I do alot of flying over wooded swamp, video's of nature. Thank you. Lo"e both my typhoon H and my raptor sr.is the raptor XR any better?

I presume the Extreme would give even better signal strength because of the larger size antennas. However. I haven't seen it listed for the H.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline