Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's Official FAA 107

Under the final rule, the person actually flying a drone must be at least 16 years old and have a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating, or be directly supervised by someone with such a certificate. To qualify for a remote pilot certificate, an individual must either pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center or have an existing non-student Part 61 pilot certificate. If qualifying under the latter provision, a pilot must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and must take a UAS online training course provided by the FAA. The TSA will conduct a security background check of all remote pilot applications prior to issuance of a certificate.

After all the **** to get my 333 and renew my pilots license , you can now get yours in August like a breeze! ;)
Yes, you know longer will need to be a manned aircraft pilot, there's a new classification of "remote pilot certificate," but wouldn't you still need to have a section 333?

Yes, you know longer will need to be a manned aircraft pilot, there's a new classification of "remote pilot certificate," but wouldn't you still need to have a section 333?
No, the 107 will override the 333 for "Some" flight operations. For instance if you want to fly out of LOS and certain operations outside the 107, you will still need a 333 from what I am reading, haven't finished reading all the details, as I wanted to get this to you all. August 15, 2016 will reveal more!

Reactions: Forrestt
You're kidding, right? You could get a sport pilot certificate for that.

Just reporting what I read from a "user" on another drone forum. I wish I was kidding. Maybe I misunderstood. I would be quite happy if I did.

I don't see how that could be accurate. I mean the final ruling was just posted minutes ago. If so were still screwed.
It will cost you...

Knowledge Test Fee $2548.60 (notice the accuracy to the penny, I like that)
Positive Identification of the Applicant Fee $434.80 (my wife would likely do this for considerably less)
Small UAS registration fee $85.70 (ouch)
TSA Security Vetting $1026.50 (This makes little sense, it cost $50 to sign up for the Precheck system)
Knowledge Test Report $154.90

UPDATED INFO HERE - #26

Last edited:
Nope, thats right...

Knowledge Test Fee $2548.60 (notice the accuracy to the penny, I like that)
Positive Identification of the Applicant Fee $434.80 (my wife would likely do this for considerably less)
Small UAS registration fee $85.70 (ouch)
TSA Security Vetting $1026.50 (This makes little sense, it cost $50 to sign up for the Precheck system)
Knowledge Test Report $154.90 (Maybe this is the actual fee and the other one is something else).
Ta **** with that. Not calling anyone out here but I will find out for myself when I go to our local testing facility.

er, actually, he said $6800.00. Man, I hope he's wrong!
I can't imagine an online course costing $6800! I think the online training course should be free with a small fee to take the test. This will help promote the UAS industry.

This billion dollar industry will create thousands of jobs. Every single segment of the industry, from manufacturing to photography is taxed. All those jobs will bring in more tax revenue for everyone. The FAA needs to look at the big picture. The biggest problem with the government is they are not businessmen. They have no clue how to make money, only spend it.

Reactions: Forrestt
I can't imagine an online course costing $6800! I think the online training course should be free with a small fee to take the test. This will help promote the UAS industry.

This billion dollar industry will create thousands of jobs. Every single segment of the industry, from manufacturing to photography is taxed. All those jobs will bring in more tax revenue for everyone. The FAA needs to look at the big picture. The biggest problem with the government is they are not businessmen. They have no clue how to make money, only spend it.
I broke down the cost right here - #12

Last edited:

The online is for those who in last 24 months we doing a non student pilots license, for most it will be done in person at a FAA testing facility/certification facility as it states and no way it would cost more than a drivers license in my thoughts!. **** you can get a regular sports pilots licence with training for 6K

The online is for those who in last 24 months we doing a non student pilots license, for most it will be done in person at a FAA testing facility/certification facility as it states and no way it would cost more than a drivers license in my thoughts!. **** you can get a regular sports pilots licence with training for 6K
If you currently hold an airman license you can take it online... if your new & green you will need to go to a testing center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop