Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

JPGs getting Corrupted

Reaction score
Recently having issues with random corrupted jpeg images. Any suggestions as to the cause?

Just did a check, in Lightroom, the dng files do not seem to have the issue.

These are taken with a CG03+ on an H.

Attachments

• YUN00103.jpg
    YUN00103.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 25
  • YUN00105.jpg
    YUN00105.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Recently having issues with random corrupted jpeg images. Any suggestions as to the cause?

Just did a check, in Lightroom, the dng files do not seem to have the issue.

These are taken with a CG03+ on an H.
Might be a SD card problem. Did you format the card in the camera? Try that and see if that fixes it.

This time, I had forgotten to format the card on computer before taking it out to fly. I formatted fresh and try to see if the issue persists. Thx

Cards aren't infallible, it might be corrupted beyond formatting, try the above mentioned process if it fails get another card, for the price it's much better than losing valuable images and video.

The only image & video issues from the CGO3 have been the memory cards.
I am currently using a U3 rated card.
I have had contact issues in other cameras.
I fixed them by simply cleaning the card's contacts, then inserting & removing it a few times.

This time, I had forgotten to format the card on computer before taking it out to fly. I formatted fresh and try to see if the issue persists. Thx

You do have a formatting option on the CGO3+ itself... and formatting in the camera eliminates any compatibility issues.

Your original post states that the DNGs are not affected... so you are capturing in the JPG+DNG mode, correct? Have you tried switching to the JPG only mode to see if the corruption still persists?

Also ultimately you are not losing any images because the DNGs are not corrupting... of course you can still create JPGs from the DNGs... I might add, a much better resolution JPG version, than is obtainable from the in-camera JPGs.

I've seen a thread on this issue posted a good while ago. Exact same problem but it was so long ago that I can't remember what it's resolution was. Does anyone else remember that thread?

I'll try and do a search...

Edit. No results but I'm prolly not using the correct search keywords

Try formatting the card in camera....if that doesn't work try another card. Make sure the specs on the card are high enough.

I did a fresh format, and had one come through corrupted at the bottom
Format was done on laptop

Try @Sureshot's suggestion and clean the contacts to eliminate oxidation from the equation.

Also, it has been suggested... try formatting with the card in the CGO3+. If that does not correct the issue, try another card... preferably with sufficient write specs... 80 Mb p/s write speed or greater would be ideal.

Sometimes when the image file is not completely downloaded, errors or corruptions can occur in JPG files. Download the photo again from the source and then access it. If the JPG file is corrupt or broken, an efficient way to repair it is through third-party software.

ok, never formatted in camera before. Suspect card is a 32Gb SanDisk U3
The Sandisk U3 card is of a high enough specification for use in a CGO3+ camera. To help eliminate the card as being faulty, slot it in to another device and take a few jpegs with it...also some video too. Doing this won't guarantee there isn't a problem with the card but if the pictures you take are similar to those taken with your CGO3+ then you will know it's the card and not anything to do with the CGO3+.

Little steps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval