Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just arrived and already drunk

Been thinking about the gimbal jitter issue with the Plus and 520 for some time and this H3 event just reminded me. I wonder if the issue may be one of “hysteresis” caused by use of under spec’ed or defective components? If so, firmware will never fix it.

If drive motors are working to stabilize weight in excess of their capacity this jittering or shaking is what could be expected. The problem was not present with H-480 cameras but became evident after introducing heavier cameras for the 520 and Plus. If the same motors and sensors were employed in “repackaged” heavier cameras any variation in component performance could be more than the system can offset. This incident looks like it lost it’s zero reference.

In any case, the EU has much more comprehensive consumer rights. Send it back.

I was talking with another member this past week (@DCH) about this very topic and we both believe the same thing - that it is more likely defective or under spec components that are just slightly off enough to cause the problems in a manner that none of the firmware updates going back to August 2018 have been able to eliminate the gimbal problems from those that experience it. While at the same time there are countless examples of Plus's that exhibit zero issues.

Reactions: Mike Irish
My H plus did the same thing . I called Yuneec and they had me Send it to Vertigo Drones.four and a half weeks later it’s on it’s way back but haven’t been told the problem yet.hats off to vertigo drones for getting on it so quick.

When did all this happen, recently? Please post up if your problems were fixed.

Reactions: Jimmie
It was a suggestion that a contact might of been misaligned on the gimbal plate, which has been remedied before by sliding the camera off and on again, some have saved themselves a lot of trouble and time rather than sending it back. Another possibility was maybe something wasn't set up right, remember this is a copter and may have slightly different setup procedures, and since only a handful of people have one, current knowledge of the other Yuneec products may not cover it.
I do get the sentiment that we need to make sure the computer is plugged in, the monitor is on, the keyboard is plugged in, etcetera. But I shouldn't have to troubleshoot the PC's battery, connections, reseat every card, pull the memory and troubleshoot every component and the software. This appears to be happening alot with Yuneec products and quality control and the lack thereof is and always has been a constant with Yuneec.

As some of the guys here are aware I had 3 fly aways with my 480 back to back. We shouldn't constantly be the beta testers that have to wait for CS to take 2 months to fix what appears to be a known issue that wasn't caught before shipping the product.

As some of the guys here are aware I had 3 fly aways with my 480 back to back. We shouldn't constantly be the beta testers that have to wait for CS to take 2 months to fix what appears to be a known issue that wasn't caught before shipping the product.

Have you returned from your last fly away yet or are you still lost? ;)

I do get the sentiment that we need to make sure the computer is plugged in, the monitor is on, the keyboard is plugged in, etcetera. But I shouldn't have to troubleshoot the PC's battery, connections, reseat every card, pull the memory and troubleshoot every component and the software. This appears to be happening alot with Yuneec products and quality control and the lack thereof is and always has been a constant with Yuneec.

If you go to other forums and social media, there's a lot of people with other makes of copter having problems too, It's not just a Yuneec thing!

If that’s the case we have to recognize it’s bot just the buyers paying attention to the issue, governments are too. It may well turn out that multirotor manufacturers end up their own worst enemy for developing performance and reliability standards. In failing to clean up their act governments will do it for them with mandatory certification standards.

Just to put it out there, is it worth doing a gimbal calibration?

I do agree with Pat though about it being hardware / PID issue not speced for the heavier unit.

Just to put it out there, is it worth doing a gimbal calibration?

I do agree with Pat though about it being hardware / PID issue not speced for the heavier unit.
I suspect the H3 will follow the plus and have no calibration for the user, only Compass.

So to paraphrase a travel advertisement; what starts out screwed up stays screwed up.

Software cannot fix hardware. Best it can do is compensate to some extent by sacrificing in other areas.

If that’s the case we have to recognize it’s bot just the buyers paying attention to the issue, governments are too. It may well turn out that multirotor manufacturers end up their own worst enemy for developing performance and reliability standards. In failing to clean up their act governments will do it for them with mandatory certification standards.
If it's one thing that I know for sure is that the gov't hasn't done a **** thing for me except rob me of my $ so they can give to someone who doesn't want to work and to create rules and regs that make sure I involuntarily donate more $ for doing things like flying drones.

If you go to other forums and social media, there's a lot of people with other makes of copter having problems too, It's not just a Yuneec thing!
I've never said that it was a Yuneec only thing. It's a big business and gov't thing. We are simply piggy banks for both of them. Once you've gotten as big as the gov't or big business it is no longer about customer satisfaction or customer service. It's always about maximizing your profits.

Have you returned from your last fly away yet or are you still lost? ;)
I was lost the day I was born and it's never changed! I can only speak for myself. I think that almost everyone on this forum is a big boy and flies responsibly whether or not the gov't was involved. The gov't will make this so regulated that most wont be able to financially afford to fly.

I've never said that it was a Yuneec only thing. It's a big business and gov't thing. We are simply piggy banks for both of them. Once you've gotten as big as the gov't or big business it is no longer about customer satisfaction or customer service. It's always about maximizing your profits.
Of course it is. Hence the problem with the gimbal, they won't spend the money to properly upgrade it, hence more problems, as i've said before, they never learn, probably the H480 was as good as it got, OK the plus may be be superior and the H3 but it's a lottery, do I get a good one or a pig, can't be bothered with the hassle, so I'll stick with what I've got.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Been sayin pretty much the same thing all along, but nobody listened.
I think most are listening but there's nothing we can do to change it so we sit and let the aholes take over.

Ys gotta figure, it can’t be that hard to pull 10 units at random for production release inventory and fly them in all aspects for 10 hours each to discover potential system faults. Better still, build a few pre production test beds that are tested for many hours in a manner that exceeds design capabilities. Once you have consistency with pre production units move on to random testing of production.

We certainly are not seeing any practices consistent with process and product reliability improvement. With their history for the last couple years we might think they would have learned something and stepped up by now.

A competitor that cares about customers:

Excellent response! They admitted an issue and rather than selling they are correcting the problem before it gets out of control, kudos!!!!:cool:

Excellent response! They admitted an issue and rather than selling they are correcting the problem before it gets out of control, kudos!!!!:cool:
It's potentially more than a software issue if that gimbal issue on the H3 is the norm. They've had enough time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis