Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

just purchased my Typhoon H pro 4 days ago

Reaction score
I just purchased my Typhoon H pro the other day after doing months of research. Ive owned a phantom 3 and have alot of experience with it. I was interested in the Typhoon because it was something different. I was fighting between this and the Phantom 4 Pro. The guy at Best Buy tried selling me on the Phantom but I went with the Typhoon H Pro. He said i had 30 days if I didnt like it and changed my mind. The typhoon is 600 dollars more right now.. I know this is a Yuneec forum but i would like some honest input on what you guys think?? Thanks and happy flying!!

I really like my Typhoon. I did a lot of research on it, waited until it went on clearance after Christmas, and bought a standard H.

With the money I saved especially not having to by an IPAD for a DJI, I was able to afford a 2nd battery, a case, and a Real Sense Module which was also on sale.
I liked the fact I could upgrade this unit and the fact the Camera can be changed on it with a compatible after market camera.

I also like the stability of it, and how it flies ESPECIALLY IN THE WIND. Very stable.

I basically got a Pro for $1,400 with tax. They usually go $1,800 to $1,900 without tax but you can find deals on them if you watch.

A DJI Pro starts at $1500 and does not even come with a screen. You have to buy or connect an IPAD or Tablet to it.
DJI make a great drone. Yuneec makes a great drone.

It depends on what features you want, & what your budget is.

The last step for me to turning mine in to a Pro is to add the 3rd antenna.

Reactions: Hairybird
They are both okay drones. I do not think the Typhoon is 600 dollars more expensive then a P4 though.

lol

They are both okay drones. I do not think the Typhoon is 600 dollars more expensive then a P4 though.

lol

No it's not. The P4 Phantom is actually more expensive imo, and you still need to purchase a tablet or Ipad for it. It ends up costing you more in the end imo.

right now the phantom 4 pro just dropped down to $1,330 at my local best buy while the typhoon h i purchased was 1500 last week and yesterday jumped back up to 1,900.. just kinda bugged me tripped me out

I have owned a Phantom among many other things and here is my take.
The Typhoon H is the finest out of the box camera drone I've flown an one of the best in windy conditions and Customer Service is fantastic.
Where DJI has them beat right now is in technology and software. If Yuneec could match DJI on those things they would have the finest,safest ship in the sky. imho

i already have 2 tablets which is not an issue.. i just wanna know as a user experience which one is better, more sturdy

Also if you were to crash Yuneec is one of the best at getting you back in the air without costing you a fortune

just looked again and they went back to 1500, anyways they match amazons price at 1300.. point of my post was to see if im better off staying with my typhoon or if ill regret it in the future

It depends on what you want out of it. If you want something you can fly while others can't and still come back with usable video then stay with the H. If you want advanced software go with the Phantom

I just purchased my Typhoon H pro the other day after doing months of research. Ive owned a phantom 3 and have alot of experience with it. I was interested in the Typhoon because it was something different. I was fighting between this and the Phantom 4 Pro. The guy at Best Buy tried selling me on the Phantom but I went with the Typhoon H Pro. He said i had 30 days if I didnt like it and changed my mind. The typhoon is 600 dollars more right now.. I know this is a Yuneec forum but i would like some honest input on what you guys think?? Thanks and happy flying!!

I think you chose wisely and you should give your Typhoon H a fair chance without putting a time limit on it. Why does EVERYONE have a problem making any kind of a commitment these days?

You did your research, you made your choice, and so now you should just live with it and follow through on your decision, to my way of thinking. This too-common idea I've seen floating around here and there of basically buying a $1K+ drone on speculation is nonsense to me. No one buys a car with that notion or starts a new relationship that way if they are knowledgeable about and committed to what they're getting themselves into. Why should drones be any different?

I have had my Typhoon for more than two months now. If I had only given myself a four-week opportunity to truly get to know this aircraft and begin to learn mastering it, and flew it each time thinking it was still just a "maybe" to me, then I very well may have given up on it within the first month. You are not going to learn it all in that time or get to know it well enough. Period.

This is one wonderful, stable, flying machine that offers a whole lot to those who take the time to learn it. I have a Mavic Pro which I also enjoy immensely and fly routinely. But nothing takes the place of my Typhoon. It's a pleasure to take up every time.

I've been thinking about all of the used drones that have been sent back to manufacturers after owners became disenchanted with them (like right after the holidays) or who harangued them into accepting a crashed drone amid claims of it being a defective unit wh n unfamiliarity is the real culprit l, and I figure someone is paying for all of that overhead, as well as buying second-hand units.

The folks paying for that corporate overhead is us, the faithful consumers of those products. How much lower would our cost actually be if the manufacturers didn't have to figure in that overhead into the cost that is always passed along to us? And who wants to plop down that much coin for a drone just to find they've received a used one?

Keep your H. Learn it. Watch the vids. Give it a chance. Trust me, it WILL grow on you quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: YuneecTitan
I think you chose wisely and you should give your Typhoon H a fair chance without putting a time limit on it. Why does EVERYONE have a problem making any kind of a commitment these days?

You did your research, you made your choice, and so now you should just live with it and follow through on your decision, to my way of thinking. This too-common idea I've seen floating around here and there of basically buying a $1K+ drone on speculation is nonsense to me. No one buys a car with that notion or starts a new relationship that way if they are knowledgeable about and committed to what they're getting themselves into. Why should drones be any different?

I have had my Typhoon for more than two months now. If I had only given myself a four-week opportunity to truly get to know this aircraft and begin to learn mastering it, and flew it each time thinking it was still just a "maybe" to me, then I very well may have given up on it within the first month. You are not going to learn it all in that time or get to know it well enough. Period.

This is one wonderful, stable, flying machine that offers a whole lot to those who take the time to learn it. I have a Mavic Pro which I also enjoy immensely and fly routinely. But nothing takes the place of my Typhoon. It's a pleasure to take up every time.

I've been thinking about all of the used drones that have been sent back to manufacturers after owners became disenchanted with them (like right after the holidays) or who harangued them into accepting a crashed drone amid claims of it being a defective unit wh n unfamiliarity is the real culprit l, and I figure someone is paying for all of that overhead, as well as buying second-hand units.

The folks paying for that corporate overhead is us, the faithful consumers of those products. How much lower would our cost actually be if the manufacturers didn't have to figure in that overhead into the cost that is always passed along to us? And who wants to plop down that much coin for a drone just to find they've received a used one?

Keep your H. Learn it. Watch the vids. Give it a chance. Trust me, it WILL grow on you quickly.

your right.. i really do enjoy my typhoon.. its different in many ways than the phantom.. im gonna stick with it.. i just wish she had a little more distance like the phantom pro or mavic has.. that was one of my biggest things

I have owned a Phantom among many other things and here is my take.
The Typhoon H is the finest out of the box camera drone I've flown an one of the best in windy conditions and Customer Service is fantastic.
Where DJI has them beat right now is in technology and software. If Yuneec could match DJI on those things they would have the finest,safest ship in the sky. imho

Typhoon is a good Drone, and comparable to Phantom. DJI has been at it longer and perfecting their drone, but imo, Yuneec is comparable, and catching up to them. DJI is a bit more expensive, not modular, has a slight edge on the tech side, but is a Quad, and not as stable in the wind, and does not have 360 gimble., or retractable landing gear which also adds to Typhoon's better stability especially in windy conditions.

I tend to agree with most of what you said. They are pretty **** close in quality, but DJI has just been building these longer. I think the H has a ton more potential and is a more powerful drone with some modularity and capable of heavier payloads, and perhaps some modular add ons in the future such as a cargo claw and of course other camera options of which there are already a few.
Not to mention you can detach the camera and put it on a steady grip, which I would love to have one, and will plan on getting one at some point.

your right.. i really do enjoy my typhoon.. its different in many ways than the phantom.. im gonna stick with it.. i just wish she had a little more distance like the phantom pro or mavic has.. that was one of my biggest things

Gotcha. And those are all understandable thoughts to have. The range of the Mavic is nothing less than amazing. But the feature-rich Typhoon, its handling, stability, its 360 degree photographic abilities, the redundancy of having 6 rotors as opposed to just 4, and so much more are all assets it has that other drones do not have.

I know you'll be happy with your H. I'd bet money on it. Good luck with it and remember to come here with your questions, concerns, images, and thoughts, too. Happy flying!!

What is nice about the modular and upgradeable nature of The Typhoon is that you can get that distance you want simply by changing antennas. You can also increase flight time a bit with better batteries and some more efficient after market props, and there are plenty of threads here discussing that.

Some of the long range antennas report ranges of 3 miles, and some guys have modded the H and controller to a degree they won't tell you want kind of distance they are getting.

Reactions: CC Rider
I've had mine since the beginning of June last year. Very stable and a joy to fly. I also have a Phantom (two if you count a retired P2V) and I also find that enjoyable too...but for different reasons.

Just one note: Between the TH and the Phantom (both very capable aircraft in their own ways), the TH is much easier to see and gives a bit more distance whilst remaining in VLOS (I only fly with VLOS). It's much easier to lose eye contact with the Phantom than the TH.

Gotcha. And those are all understandable thoughts to have. The range of the Mavic is nothing less than amazing. But the feature-rich Typhoon, its handling, stability, its 360 degree photographic abilities, the redundancy of having 6 rotors as opposed to just 4, and so much more are all assets it has that other drones do not have.

I know you'll be happy with your H. I'd bet money on it. Good luck with it and remember to come here with your questions, concerns, images, and thoughts, too. Happy flying!!

I feel like Yuneec is just getting started on this drone. I have been watching what they are doing, and the first thing they did was get the airframe right. Then they started improving the controls and logic and features, along with The Camera, and now it seems with later models they are slowly improving base factory range and reception.

I think they will just keep going with this, and it will continue to get better. In fact, the air frame and stability of it has proven to be so good, they developed a larger version of it. The Typhoon 520.
CES 2017: Yuneec Launches Industrial-Strength Typhoon H520 Drone

yuneec_typhoon_h520_vd_watermark.jpg

Reactions: CC Rider
I feel like Yuneec is just getting started on this drone. I have been watching what they are doing, and the first thing they did was get the airframe right. Then they started improving the controls and logic and features, along with The Camera, and now it seems with later models they are slowly improving base factory range and reception.

I think they will just keep going with this, and it will continue to get better. In fact, the air frame and stability of it has proven to be so good, they developed a larger version of it. The Typhoon 520.
CES 2017: Yuneec Launches Industrial-Strength Typhoon H520 Drone

yuneec_typhoon_h520_vd_watermark.jpg
WOW. A Typhoon H on serious steroids.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz