Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

KAV Status???

Don't know about US, but if a company goes out of business here, you may not get anything back, you join a queue of creditors for hopefully some reimbursment, not a good position to be in I'm afraid. Let's hope something positive happens soon.
Same in the US.

Waiting on video... if you don’t finish it how about just typing the info you have.

Thank you

I'm getting the information to people on this forum, on a facebook group, on other facebook sites and through emails from various subscribers. Publishing the video is the fastest way to share the information I have to everyone.

The video is posted:

Thanks for sharing the information. The only thing it doesn’t address is the lousy supply chain to North American service centers and retailers and that is controlled by Yuneec and not KAV Service.
Trying to get normal items for maintenance on our Q500, TH, TH Plus, Mantis, etc. (gimbal dampeners, motors, arm clips, batteries, etc.) is nigh to impossible and always on back order. That has been something that has been going on for some time now.
I’ll be highly reluctant to purchase any other Yuneec product until they can manage to have a reliable supply chain for repair items and expendables.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for sharing the information. The only thing it doesn’t address is the lousy supply chain to North American service centers and retailers and that is controlled by Yuneec and not KAV Service.
Trying to get normal items for maintenance on our Q500, TH, TH Plus, Mantis, etc. (gimbal dampeners, motors, arm clips, batteries, etc.) is nigh to impossible and always on back order. That has been something that has been going on for some time now.
I’ll be highly reluctant to purchase any other Yuneec product until they can manage to have a reliable supply chain for repair items and expendables.

Nope, it doesn't. If I had been talking to someone in a leadership position I would have brought those issues up. As it was I was talking to the head of customer service - I felt the questions about parts was outside his area of influence.

Nope, it doesn't. If I had been talking to someone in a leadership position I would have brought those issues up. As it was I was talking to the head of customer service - I felt the questions about parts was outside his area of influence.
I wasn’t faulting you Jeff, just bringing up a point about a failure in Yuneec’s business practices. I agree that it may not be YCS’s responsibility directly, but it greatly affects the quality of service to the customers they are responsible for representing. Without the parts the repairs cannot be made.

Thank you for this. Glad you are getting yours back. Hopefully the rest of us will also. I got to fly mine for about 7 minutes only since purchasing it. It’s been there for warranty replacement now for 2.5 months.
Also thank you for your informative videos. Didn’t know this was you..

I'm getting the information to people on this forum, on a facebook group, on other facebook sites and through emails from various subscribers. Publishing the video is the fastest way to share the information I have to everyone.

The video is posted:

• Sad
I wasn’t faulting you Jeff, just bringing up a point about a failure in Yuneec’s business practices. I agree that it may not be YCS’s responsibility directly, but it greatly affects the quality of service to the customers they are responsible for representing. Without the parts the repairs cannot be made.

No, I understand - I didn't take it wrong. I wish I could talk with a person in a leadership position . . . I'd love to find out more about chronic shortfalls in parts and drones, about their marketing practices, etc.

Thank you for this. Glad you are getting yours back. Hopefully the rest of us will also. I got to fly mine for about 7 minutes only since purchasing it. It’s been there for warranty replacement now for 2.5 months.
Also thank you for your informative videos. Didn’t know this was you..

I understand how you feel, Hugo. I flew mine for two test flights before sending it back. They returned it and I got one test flight to see it wasn't fixed. So back it went. And this goes back to March.

After that conversation I do feel better about everyone getting their drones back. And I admit feeling guilty that they are replacing my drone when guys like you are still waiting. I had not mentioned my channel to them in any of the communications up to this point. After he told me what they were doing for me, I told him I had a YT channel and I was concerned about the other people who were worried about their drones. Then he told me he was a subscriber to my channel already LOL.

But I did ask to keep the communications open so I could get information for you and the other people who have drones at KAV, and I will continue to do so.

Well done Jeff. Your efforts toward the greater community are outstanding. As this plays out, and with all the chatter going around, I think I’ll just wait to hear from you.

Reactions: Andrew Grant
That would be true for the company's assets, but the drones at KAV are the property of the customers. Why would creditors have any claim to them?

They become “received inventory” in the assets description. The owners become unsecured creditors. Unsecured creditors are the last people to receive payment in a bankruptcy, IF anything is left over after paying secured creditors. Usually there isn’t.

Jeff,

Thank you and all those working together to develop that information. Although most are still in the dark with what and when at least they can be relieved to know they aren’t down and out.

One thing I find curious; Yuneec had to track down an unsold unit from an outside source to compensate for your defective drone. To me that means they had none in their inventory. If that is the case the inventory status lends support to dealer and repair station claims of no parts inventory.

Despite the words of the corporate rep it seems there may still be trouble in paradise. Lack of comms from KAV support that as well.

There were problems here when Jessops a large camera chain went bust, locating and finding equipment, some lost their stuff, obviously KAV isn't a nationwide store as far as I know.
Jessops gone bust? I didn't know that. As you know, I only received a Power 4 battery from them very recently after placing the order on the 11th June. Have they gone bust within the last month then?

(or was this an historical thing and the Jessops I know now a phoenix company?)

Jessops gone bust? I didn't know that. As you know, I only received a Power 4 battery from them very recently after placing the order on the 11th June. Have they gone bust within the last month then?

(or was this an historical thing and the Jessops I know now a phoenix company?)
No first time, before Peter Jones of Dragons Den took over.

KV is a third-party service. Yuneec contracts KV to perform a service for them. Ultimately Yuneec Would be held responsible for replacement or repair Of the drones. When I called that I had a problem I didn’t call KAV, I called Yuneec. I was sent an RMA from Yuneec of where to send my broken drone to be repaired under warranty. They could’ve sent it anywhere to have it repaired under warranty if they aren’t doing it themselves but ultimately the vendor that you purchased the item from is the responsible party. The vendor entrusts a third-party to perform repairs/replacement to factory specs . The vendor should be doing inspections and checking the repair facility that the repairs are being done up to factory specs . Again it’s not right what’s being done but thank you Jeff for doing what you’ve done at least we have a shed of light.
I’m so forgive the grammar I’m driving and voice typing this .

They become “received inventory” in the assets description. The owners become unsecured creditors. Unsecured creditors are the last people to receive payment in a bankruptcy, IF anything is left over after paying secured creditors. Usually there isn’t.

Well done Jeff. Your efforts toward the greater community are outstanding. As this plays out, and with all the chatter going around, I think I’ll just wait to hear from you.
Thank you Fred, I appreciate that. In this situation, though, I think the greater community supported me more than I supported them!

Jeff,

Thank you and all those working together to develop that information. Although most are still in the dark with what and when at least they can be relieved to know they aren’t down and out.

One thing I find curious; Yuneec had to track down an unsold unit from an outside source to compensate for your defective drone. To me that means they had none in their inventory. If that is the case the inventory status lends support to dealer and repair station claims of no parts inventory.

Despite the words of the corporate rep it seems there may still be trouble in paradise. Lack of comms from KAV support that as well.

Thanks, Pat - You're absolutely right. Things could still go sideways - for me and for everyone else involved with this.

I was surprised they were still able to find a Plus in some dealer's inventory. They've been out of stock for months - in fact,the one I received was from an order that came in in April, I believe. They had been out of stock prior to that as well. I think the concern about drones and parts inventories are very real.

I'm going to try and contact someone from KAV to set up a conversation after these negotiations are complete. I'd love to hear from them about what took place as well as what they plan for the future.

KV is a third-party service. Yuneec contracts KV to perform a service for them. Ultimately Yuneec Would be held responsible for replacement or repair Of the drones. When I called that I had a problem I didn’t call KAV, I called Yuneec. I was sent an RMA from Yuneec of where to send my broken drone to be repaired under warranty. They could’ve sent it anywhere to have it repaired under warranty if they aren’t doing it themselves but ultimately the vendor that you purchased the item from is the responsible party. The vendor entrusts a third-party to perform repairs/replacement to factory specs . The vendor should be doing inspections and checking the repair facility that the repairs are being done up to factory specs . Again it’s not right what’s being done but thank you Jeff for doing what you’ve done at least we have a shed of light.
I’m so forgive the grammar I’m driving and voice typing this .

My pleasure, Hugo. I hope we can continue to get information so everyone knows what is going on. I know I slept better last night than I did the previous two or three.

Hugo50 is absolutely correct. THIS is a Yuneec problem. They should be contacting each one of us with an update of how THEIR service vendor has dropped the ball. Yuneec should step up and make this right. For me the process started off as a warranty repair with Yuneec (not Kav Service). In my opinion, both companies have been less than upfront here.

Reactions: Hugo50
Before Jeff got some information from YCS and posted his video (Thank you very much), I sent this email off to KAV since my repaired H520 was shipped out just before they went "dark", but I had no information from them about what the problem was or what they did to it or if they did a test flight or not.

Email:
Sara,
If anyone at KAV is listening or cares about their clients, I urge you to respond to your phone calls and emails. When a company doesn't reply it sends a message that thier customers interpret as "gone under" "out of business" "bankruptcy" etc.
You might want to check this link out at Yuneecpilots.com...

KAV Status???
KAV Status??? | Yuneec Drone Forum
Does anyone know what is going on with KAV? I've called and emailed them all week for an update for my drone thats been there for over a month. KAV told me...
yuneecpilots.com
If the issue is with a parts shortage from Yuneec, you need to say so and keep your clients informed, otherwise complete silence is disrespectful to your clients and leads to speculation about what is going on.

I am also one of your victims of silence as I have asked several times for a report on my ticket 22668. I do not even know if it was repaired properly as it was shipped to a drop ship location and I haven't picked it up yet.

Very disappointed....

While Jeff's call did uncover a bit of the mystery, the basic fundamentals of customer service should still apply - respect your customers by giving them good, prompt service and keep them informed on any chanes in customer service. All companies should know that "word of mouth" advertising is one of the most powerful especially with social media and its a double edged sword.

With resect to the staff at Yuneec USA, I suspect that staff cuts over the past year or so have left the current personel overloaded, and hence, no chat, no email response, no live phone response, only scheduled 15 minute call backs and sub-contracted out repair. Seems like a night and day contrast compared to UK/Euro CS. Ironic because I assume the N. American Yuneec sales would be the larger market.

Reactions: DoomMeister
The last contact I had with KAV I was told by a real person on the phone was that they will be replacing my drone under warranty due to the many issues that came up. I asked what is taking so long and they said that Yuneec has to decide what they will be replacing it with. I asked what is the estimated time? KAV stated that they were having a meeting with Yuneec in a day and should know after the meeting. I should call back the next day. I called the next day and every day since and only get the voicemail.
If anyone from Yuneec or KAV reads this thread let us know already..... If you are waiting for parts then JUST SAY IT.... If you are closing , send our drones back at least so we can try to fix them by other means. Do the right thing..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder