Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

KAV Status???

I do not even know if it was repaired properly as it was shipped to a drop ship location and I haven't picked it up yet.
Are you saying your your aircraft was returned but you haven't picked it up to test it?

Yes, it arrived at the drop ship Depot about a week ago, but I haven't picked it up yet because I have 2 more packages due to arrive this week and I plan to pick up all items in one trip. Shipping charges, duty, taxes and handling charges are quite hefty when crossing borders, and a significant amount can be saved by using the drop ship location. So, as you can imagine I am a bit anxious to collect my H520 and do a test flight to see if the problem was corrected. KAV was non responsive when I asked several times for details of the repair.

From my perspective I find it quite unreasonable to complain about a company before you know if they successfully completed their work or failed. The product sitting at a drop ship facility awaiting the owner to pick it up after being repaired, with the owner delaying pick up to minimize their personal expenses, provides no justification for complaint or criticism.

KAV is not going to be influenced by customer opinion a or a negative internet campaign. KAV is not a retail outlet and does not sell drones to the public. KAV is a repair service contracted to Yuneec to perform repairs. They are not contracted to us, the consumers. If you send your stuff to someone else instead of KAV and they can’t fix it, guess where it goes next.

Yuneec controls the contract, the level of service, approval for or denial of service through KAV, and establishes the business protocols. By contracting with an outside entity to perform repairs and service Yuneec artificially distances itself from the process, allowing them to reduce labor and floor space expenses while shifting customer focus away from themselves. Bear in mind that since Yuneec owns the warranty and parts supply chain Yuneec is still the responsible party where complaints are concerned.

We have absolutely no idea of what’s been happening between Yuneec and KAV. We don’t know if there is a non disclosure preventing KAV from publicly responding, if yuneec has failed to pay KAV, if Yuneec has failed to provide parts or other technology that allow repair completion, if there’s a contract dispute, or if KAV is actually the problem themselves. KAV has a contract with Yuneec, not us, and we have nothing stating they have to return to us anything we send them. They could, technically, send our stuff to Yuneec for final return.

The calls and e-mails should be hounding Yuneec, along with YouTube productions calling out Yuneec for answers. Only by leveraging Yuneec, the company that will suffer lost sales of new and existing products by failing to inform, will these issues be resolved.

Last edited:
Only by leveraging Yuneec, the company that will suffer lost sales
True. In the case of the US market the sales have already dropped. In part because of the repair fiasco, but primarily because there is no product on the shelves to be sold.

Based on another members updated post there is a glimmer of hope. KAV is open and they are continuing to take care of customers. At least those who walk in the front door.

PatR - Just to be clear, I never criticised KAV or Yuneec for the repair of my H520 as I have not picked it up yet so do not know if it was properly repaired or not yet. What you are apparently missing is that I criticised them, both Yuneec and KAV, for not communicating during the process from the time my drone arrived there Aug 30 and up until it was shipped out Oct 21 and also later when several emails and calls went unanswered with regard to the diagnosis, repair procedure and testing.

There’s not much to communicate. It’s fixed or it’s not. Knowing where it is on the sequence list provides no info as we don’t know how long it will take to finish repairs on drones lower on the list. KAV has parts or they don’t and telling us they don’t have any parts does nothing for confidence building. After years of members dealing with Yuneec we know they won’t tell the customers what was wrong with the products.

We should think this stuff through before lambasting someone instead of acting like kids in the back seat of a car yelling “are we there yet?” Having a bunch of people doing that everyday is really hard on productive work time. Criticizing someone because they did not communicate in the we want or would like them to is almost as bad, especially if they got the work done and returned the product despite the criticism. The only question is; were repairs successful?

One thing I’m pretty sure of; Yuneec is dictating KAV’s course if action, either directly or via a failure to perform on Yuneec’s part. Yuneec is probably taking advantage of the situation by using another company as the scapegoat, with slow repairs and non communications obfuscating the real problem.

Yuneec is like a sailor that jumped into the water with a bunch of other sailors when the ship went down. They are standing on the shoulders of other sailors trying to keep their head above water. It doesn’t matter if the other sailors drown in the process.

That reminds me, I think Yuneec just missed another estimated release date...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
From Pete (who had a friend drop by KAV) in the other thread:
"I just received a call from my friend who is at kav. They are indeed open and my friend had me talk to Steve who was there and owns the whole business. The best news I can give you is that all systems are go and try as difficult as it is to be patient. They are indeed there and please don't ask me questions because I will be going there within the week. I will get back to you when I know more. Your drones are there and being tended to."

.....That reminds me, I think Yuneec just missed another estimated release date......

Have you seen an official release date from Yuneec? All I've seen is the various articles stating "should start shipping by end of October"....assuming you're talking about the H3.....

Have you seen an official release date from Yuneec? All I've seen is the various articles stating "should start shipping by end of October"....assuming you're talking about the H3.....
26th November here so say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-233716.png
    Screenshot_20191104-233716.png
    462.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20191104-233725.png
    Screenshot_20191104-233725.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Fred Garvin
That's a UK distributor......anything from Yuneec?

H3. That’s why I said “estimated” release date. Had they started shipping by end of October (it’s now November) we would have heard about it by now. Point being nothing Yuneec says ever has any truth to it.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Just talked to Yuneec. My replacement drone will be delivered tomorrow. I got a UPS tracking number as well.

I asked about the parts situation and he didn't know what was the issue behind the lack of parts. He said the whole tariffs thing with China may have complicated the delivery of parts but that was just a supposition on his part.

I asked if he had any more information about everyone else who has a drone at KAV. He had learned more about the situation with KAV since we last talked and could not go into detail, but he said that he was confident this situation would be resolved "soon". I asked "within a few weeks?" and he said yes. I asked him what i should tell everyone and he assured me that no one was going to lose their drone. He apologized for how long this has gone on but it sounds like we're approaching a resolution on this.

The aversion of transparency suggests there may be contractual issues hindering the repair work.

What I would also like to know is where Yuneec has been sending customer repairs and warranty issues that have been reported in the last 3 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1