Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

KAV Status???

After talking to Yuneec customer service about my KAV experience they sent the following e-mail shortly after the phone call. Not sure why they sent this to me, KAV had already informed me many weeks ago of the damages and projected repair cost. I have already paid for repairs. This is very unprofessional on Yuneecs' part which only makes my next purchase decision a lot easier.

Dear customer,

This message is to inform you that we have received your product and it is safely in the repair department’s possession. We will be notifying you after your repair has been inspected for estimated repair costs (if applicable). After approval, we will notify you when your repair is in progress. If any additional fees are found while the repair is in progress we will contact you prior to repairing your product for additional approval. A final email will be sent when we ship your product back to you.

We believe in a fine quality repair and with that being said our repair team is working efficiently to repair your product to the best of their abilities and give you the best possible customer experience.

Thank you for being a part of the Yuneec Family,

Yuneec Repair Department
Perhaps we need to hear a few repaired and returned copters before we crack open the champagne.

That was the exact same email form I got when I enquired at YCS about the status of my repair at KAV about end of Sept after they - KAV had it for a month. I am due to pick up my "repaired" H520 system next week. I will post a report on whether it was fixed properly or not after a test flight.

Looks like a form letter, probably being sent to everyone with a drone in for warranty repair. It's a start.

Thats what I thought....probably auto generated when they updated your account with the call.....

Thats what I thought....probably auto generated when they updated your account with the call.....
Of course it was, couldn't be bothered to address you by your name, nothing personal there, bit like a scam email!

This is the exact cookie cutter response that I received after speaking with them 2 weeks ago.

After talking to Yuneec customer service about my KAV experience they sent the following e-mail shortly after the phone call. Not sure why they sent this to me, KAV had already informed me many weeks ago of the damages and projected repair cost. I have already paid for repairs. This is very unprofessional on Yuneecs' part which only makes my next purchase decision a lot easier.

Dear customer,

This message is to inform you that we have received your product and it is safely in the repair department’s possession. We will be notifying you after your repair has been inspected for estimated repair costs (if applicable). After approval, we will notify you when your repair is in progress. If any additional fees are found while the repair is in progress we will contact you prior to repairing your product for additional approval. A final email will be sent when we ship your product back to you.

We believe in a fine quality repair and with that being said our repair team is working efficiently to repair your product to the best of their abilities and give you the best possible customer experience.

Thank you for being a part of the Yuneec Family,

Yuneec Repair Department

Regarding repair time times for anyone that questions how long they take. I would not even consider making repair status inquiries until at least a month had passed from the time you shipped it out. A month and a half might be more realistic.

We need to understand that nobody is standing idly by with nothing to do waiting for you or I to send them some work. Nor do they have so many techs on hand that each and every article will get a tech assigned to it the moment it arrives.

Unless you paid big bucks, and I mean BIG bucks, for over night delivery, the carrier you shipped it with is going to burn the first week with your aircraft in their possession. After it gets received, depending on how many people they have there, it could sit for a day or two. From there it will get put in line sequence to be looked at as others that arrived before it are reviewed. The check in and review process could eat up another week or more.

From there customer contact has to be initiated, which might burn a couple more days. After the customer has responded, work can start but the aircraft/camera/controller will once again be placed in sequence with what had been there before yours.

So the tech gets their hands on it and it could be more than a day to get the work done. If the tech is handling more than one at a time it might be 3 days or so, providing they have parts. Since Yuneec is communicating with their customers as they usually do, meaning not at all, neither the techs or the customers have any idea when, or if, parts will be available. That makes things hard to deal with as the repair station can’t tell us, the customers, anything because they don’t have any info to share.

Let’s pretend everything went perfectly, your drone got repaired and you received a shipping ticket. Toss the first day after notification out as the shipper likely sent the notification before it was delivered to the carrier. Ship tickets are usually issued online, well before a package is picked up for shipment on the next regular pick up day. Figure it will spend another 7 days or so in the belly of a brown or white truck bouncing across the country before it gets to you. The repair station IS NOT going to ship it back over night freight unless you paid for that in advance.

Sometimes it helps in dealing with things when you understand the process.

Regarding repair time times for anyone that questions how long they take. I would not even consider making repair status inquiries until at least a month had passed from the time you shipped it out. A month and a half might be more realistic.

We need to understand that nobody is standing idly by with nothing to do waiting for you or I to send them some work. Nor do they have so many techs on hand that each and every article will get a tech assigned to it the moment it arrives.

Unless you paid big bucks, and I mean BIG bucks, for over night delivery, the carrier you shipped it with is going to burn the first week with your aircraft in their possession. After it gets received, depending on how many people they have there, it could sit for a day or two. From there it will get put in line sequence to be looked at as others that arrived before it are reviewed. The check in and review process could eat up another week or more.

From there customer contact has to be initiated, which might burn a couple more days. After the customer has responded, work can start but the aircraft/camera/controller will once again be placed in sequence with what had been there before yours.

So the tech gets their hands on it and it could be more than a day to get the work done. If the tech is handling more than one at a time it might be 3 days or so, providing they have parts. Since Yuneec is communicating with their customers as they usually do, meaning not at all, neither the techs or the customers have any idea when, or if, parts will be available. That makes things hard to deal with as the repair station can’t tell us, the customers, anything because they don’t have any info to share.

Let’s pretend everything went perfectly, your drone got repaired and you received a shipping ticket. Toss the first day after notification out as the shipper likely sent the notification before it was delivered to the carrier. Ship tickets are usually issued online, well before a package is picked up for shipment on the next regular pick up day. Figure it will spend another 7 days or so in the belly of a brown or white truck bouncing across the country before it gets to you. The repair station IS NOT going to ship it back over night freight unless you paid for that in advance.

Sometimes it helps in dealing with things when you understand the process.
So it's been established that if your a paying customer, and not warranty work, there's no parts problem and the copter is speedily repaired? On the postage front being a small island next day delivery can be had for £10. Delivery, repair, turn around times vary greatly worldwide.

I think it’s pretty obvious....considering the KAV statement that work is being performed normally by “paying customers” and “non warranty work” is going on......and the continued silence on the subject of Yuneec, warranty work, and relative silence on parts availability.....

Yuneec hasn’t been paying their bills....or not paying them in a timely manner.....so work is stopped, comments are silenced, and contract negotiations are in progress. Neither Yuneec or KAV can comment as it could be seen as a promise being made... an unenforceable promise that, depending on contract negations, might get walked back, further damaging credibility.

Now, even the statement above is merely a guess....contract could have run out before a new one is in place. Expenses and parts may have changed enough that a new contract has to be negotiated.....who really knows besides the Execs at Yuneec and their contracted warranty provider, KAV. A number of things could have caused this situation.....I simply lean towards the “Yuneec not paying their bills” because of comments made and Yuneec’s business practices lately..

Both companies know very well what ”good customer service” is.....but right now their hands are tied. Once it’s over, with a new contract, a severance of relationship, return of customer assets, sending assets to a new provider...whatever the outcome may be....then we’ll start hearing from them. It’ll either be a happy, new relationship being forged, or unhappy finger pointing.....but, either way, apologies from both companies for the inconvenience to customers will be included.

In any case YUNEEC.....not KAV.....but YUNEEC.....has so damaged their reputation with me, that I will not spend another PENNEY on Yuneec until it has been well demonstrated that they’ve turned things around with dependable, functional products with WELL SUPPORTED customer service and repair channels. I’m still feeling pretty burned by the H3 and the “we listened to our customers” statement......we simply wanted functionality that can be released via firmware to the H+/C23.....but Yuneec responded with: Here, buy this new $2300 system even though you just spent $1800+ on the other one less than a year ago.

I think it’s pretty obvious....considering the KAV statement that work is being performed normally by “paying customers” and “non warranty work” is going on......and the continued silence on the subject of Yuneec, warranty work, and relative silence on parts availability.....

Yuneec hasn’t been paying their bills....or not paying them in a timely manner.....so work is stopped, comments are silenced, and contract negotiations are in progress. Neither Yuneec or KAV can comment as it could be seen as a promise being made... an unenforceable promise that, depending on contract negations, might get walked back, further damaging credibility.

Now, even the statement above is merely a guess....contract could have run out before a new one is in place. Expenses and parts may have changed enough that a new contract has to be negotiated.....who really knows besides the Execs at Yuneec and their contracted warranty provider, KAV. A number of things could have caused this situation.....I simply lean towards the “Yuneec not paying their bills” because of comments made and Yuneec’s business practices lately..

Both companies know very well what ”good customer service” is.....but right now their hands are tied. Once it’s over, with a new contract, a severance of relationship, return of customer assets, sending assets to a new provider...whatever the outcome may be....then we’ll start hearing from them. It’ll either be a happy, new relationship being forged, or unhappy finger pointing.....but, either way, apologies from both companies for the inconvenience to customers will be included.

In any case YUNEEC.....not KAV.....but YUNEEC.....has so damaged their reputation with me, that I will not spend another PENNEY on Yuneec until it has been well demonstrated that they’ve turned things around with dependable, functional products with WELL SUPPORTED customer service and repair channels. I’m still feeling pretty burned by the H3 and the “we listened to our customers” statement......we simply wanted functionality that can be released via firmware to the H+/C23.....but Yuneec responded with: Here, buy this new $2300 system even though you just spent $1800+ on the other one less than a year ago.
Sorry I missed the KAV statement, the thread had become a little convoluted!

Sorry I missed the KAV statement, the thread had become a little convoluted!

Also keep in mind that there are two concurrent threads on this subject... convoluted to say the least.

Just to end the saga, KAV is closed, if you were a customer of theirs, you may have gotten an email regarding the online auction service liquidating their assets, including a large quantity of Yuneec refurb H without cameras

Just to end the saga, KAV is closed, if you were a customer of theirs, you may have gotten an email regarding the online auction service liquidating their assets, including a large quantity of Yuneec refurb H without cameras
RatBob, any chance you could send the link to that auction? I was one of the ones that was involved in this. I’m surprised I never got any notice for it .

Yes, I too would like a link to the auction. I had my H520 in for service at KAV in late Oct and it was successfully fixed and returned. But I could be interested in seeing what's available on the auction. Thanks in advance....

Looking at all the Typhoon H's stripped of cameras, it becomes pretty obvious what Yuneec did. Yuneec failed to provide needed spares, forcing KAV to strip new cameras from New Typhoon H kits to meet warranty repairs. This rendered otherwise new inventory owned by KAV "un-sellable" as nobody buys a New H kit without a camera. I'll venture this practice repeated itself across the entire parts lists for Yuneec drones. Yuneec failed to deliver, KAV tried to honor and complete repair work but lost their a$$ through un-reimbursed warranty replacement parts.

This practice is EXACTLY what happened with Chinese made RC gas 2 stroke engines. manufacturers broke the backs of their distributors in failing to cover labor cost agreements and ship replacement parts. Distributors had to empty their shelves of new units to obtain parts, leaving them with nothing to sell and no compensation for the units lost to cannibalization.

All I can say is Vertigo needs to hang on to their butt and refuse to let it happen again.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Everyone also needs to put in account most of the people in Yuneec in China have not been working at the factories for the past three weeks due to the virus. The dealer here is waiting on some parts and a few other drones, he has been informed just now they are going back to work. So that may also be part of the replacement problem from Yuneec themselves?

Everyone also needs to put in account most of the people in Yuneec in China have not been working at the factories for the past three weeks due to the virus. The dealer here is waiting on some parts and a few other drones, he has been informed just now they are going back to work. So that may also be part of the replacement problem from Yuneec themselves?
I feel for any workers affected by the virus outbreak. That said, this parts problem with Yuneec started way before any viral outbreak. It affected United Radio in April/May 2019 and KAV in October 2019. Upper management at Yuneec has been in some sort of elitist stupor for at least two years and there doesn’t seem to be an end to their lack of resolve for their customers nor the third party companies they employ to effect warranty repairs.

Some parts here in UK have been out-of stock for 12 months and more, so little to do with present situation.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Spoke with an auction house rep this morning. Any small item they have in their warehouse can be shipped for a fee. Items at the business site are handled a little differently. Large items have to be picked up on site. Some small items can be transferred to the auction warehouse for a fee, fee not specified, and shipped at additional cost.

If you were to bid and win on, say a lot of 8 Typhoon H, your items would count as 8 unit transfer fees and ship at whatever cost per unit X 8.

So bidder/buyer beware. Understand the costs that will be involved for offsite bidders.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430