Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Kill Switch only works if no GPS signal or GPS is OFF

Reaction score
So it looks like the "Easy Button" the Red Kill Switch only works under certain conditions. In the reading over the owner's manual Version 1.1 it says the Kill switch only works on a loss of GPS signal or if GPS is OFF.

I have not confirmed this but from some of the user reports from fly aways and various Journey Mode and other statements this might be the case.

Reactions: DroneClone
So it looks like the "Easy Button" the Red Kill Switch only works under certain conditions. In the reading over the owner's manual Version 1.1 it says the Kill switch only works on a loss of GPS signal or if GPS is OFF.

I have not confirmed this but from some of the user reports from fly aways and various Journey Mode and other statements this might be the case.
I would hate to volunteer for a demo! LOL !:eek:

Reactions: g2em3
Maybe William Pepper can offer you some insurance DC and film it with his 8.3 Millon Followers.

Very odd. I catch the Typhoon above my head (never land it). I press the red kill switch and it shuts the motors down fine while GPS is still active.

Same here I do this most of the time especially landing where its rocks or long grass, or uneven ground.

Page 5 of 1.1 Manual

STARTING/STOPPING THE MOTORS
NOTICE:Only with sustainable GPS or GPS being turned off, the motors
can be started or stopped by pressing the START/STOP button.

Page 5 of 1.1 Manual

STARTING/STOPPING THE MOTORS
NOTICE:Only with sustainable GPS or GPS being turned off, the motors
can be started or stopped by pressing the START/STOP button.

Ahhh... there is the problem. Yes, the system is designed to START the motors only when GPS Sats are sufficient if GPS has been turned on. If GPS has been turned off, then the motors will start without checking to see if sufficient Sats are true.

The problem is that the Red button is called the "START/STOP" button, so the word "STOP" shows up in the above which would lead some people to think it means you can't turn off the motors based on GPS.

Reactions: wedbster
It's pretty obvious Im confused by the wording in this. Im curious if you were flying about and lost all GPS signal would you be unable to STOP the motors?

I understand turning off GPS before you fly and START/STOP working as you wish.

I understand it will not START/STOP until it aquires needed minimum GPS signal.

I have yet to try or have had the need to stop the motors during fight.

If it flew away and you held down RED Switch and had minimum GPS signal would it drop from the sky?

Or if you lost all GPS Signal during a flight where you were flying wirh GPS on would the Red Switch work?

As long as you had radio signal, I assume you could still stop motor to advert a unwanted crash into something/someone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval