Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Kit's Maiden Flight

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Okay here is the proof I finally put my baby in the air. Not the best video, but I have some work to do on my cinematography. Especially having highlights blowout. Shame on me.

The guy who builds "sun rooms" (?) sure made a killing in your neighborhood:D

Going to the Pro Bowl tomorrow??

@DoomMeister
You're flying over there by Durango Dr. and San Marino Dr.

Yep, not far from home. My place is the other side of the golf course you see straddling the powerlines.

The guy who builds "sun rooms" (?) sure made a killing in your neighborhood:D

Going to the Pro Bowl tomorrow??

Those are “birdcages” for all the loons here in The Villages, FL!:p

Reactions: TyphoonPete
Those are “birdcages” for all the loons here in The Villages, FL!:p
So are you saying admitting you're a loon? ...Old news! :rolleyes:

Hey, thought you'd like to know, the switch on the top right of the ST16 will retract the landing gear. Yes it's true, the H480 comes with retracting gear! I know, can you believe it? They thought of everything. You might want to fly with them up when your flying low over those gator infested ponds, one could dart out and grab the landing gear and you'd be screwed!:eek:

Reactions: TyphoonPete

Hey, thought you'd like to know, the switch on the top right of the ST16 will retract the landing gear. Yes it's true, the H480 comes with retracting gear! I know, can you believe it? They thought of everything. You might want to fly with them up when your flying low over those gator infested ponds, one could dart out and grab the landing gear and you'd be screwed!:eek:

Speaking of LOONS!!!!!:p
A couple of lightweight photon torpedoes should see to the gators....well except the big suckers
Now we just need to program a targetting display into the ST16

Last edited:
Not wrong
there are some big suckers up there in the top end (Queensland and Northern Territory)
I've been told they'll take a bite out of almost anything, even a "tinny full of fishos"!o_O

No birdcage on my house! I’m a snowbird, which is still black and white, but we honk.

I can’t get away with anything. The ground shots with the golf cart roof in the way ( gotta get a tripod head for my iPhone) don’t even have the camera mounted. I follow my own advice and flew one full battery and three landings cameraless to get a feel for the aircraft.

At battery change I mounted the camera with a ND32 filter due to the bright sun. I then locked the white balance, but failed to check exposure on a bright object. Part of the video ended up with dark vertical lines in the lightest part of the clouds and reflections on the water.

The gear got raised when I paused after heading over the field and gave myself an “Oh s**^” the gear is down. Didn’t figure it would escape your eyes. I’m just going to claim “Old Fartism” as the cause.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Speaking of LOONS!!!!!:p
A couple of lightweight photon torpedoes should see to the gators....well except the big suckers
Now we just need to program a targetting display into the ST16

I would love to mod the landing gear to look like missles ( to help with orientation at a distance of course ) and shark teeth painted around the front of the body.

I live near by in Fruitland Park. Do you have a favorite flying area, near by. Was flying yesterday and had 2 people stop and ask questions.

Most places I fly I need a golf cart to get to. There is one where you can park at the Sumter County Annex at CR466 and Morse Blvd. Then launch in the open field behind the Annex.

What bird are you flying?

The next time we have decent weather send me a Conversation on the forum and we’ll meet up there. Cherry Lake (Lake Sumter) is right there and makes for some good scenery.

Okay here is the proof I finally put my baby in the air. Not the best video, but I have some work to do on my cinematography. Especially having highlights blowout. Shame on me.

Have to admit, felt like Tim the Toolman during the intro and ending, seeing only the top of your head.

By the way, pretty boring video. I mean, the only white I see are some off-white domiciles. And what’s with the liquid stuff. It’s supposed to be ice this time of year here in the northern H.

In all seriousness, nice to see you made it down south and you’re out and about. Hope you’ll have plenty of nice days to fly while you’re there. It’ll be time time head back north before you know it!

Jeff

Fifty degrees isn’t bad, but my H doesn’t like moisture.
CD330D5E-1FCD-49C9-893A-A742F9435D16.jpeg
Glad I flew yesterday!

I left out the blown out highlights except at the end. As I’m descending the small white rectangle shows the highlight blowout. That small rectangle was what I was trying to land on. The H barely fits on it.

Last edited:
Doom brought some of the Michigan gloomy weather down here with him. He's home sick already:(.

Last edited:
If I brought it down we would be knee deep in snow right now with all the rain we have gotten so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval