Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
How to diagnose landing gear not working ? I removed the assembly from the leg, and it works fine using a 9 volt battery, but doesn't when on the drone ? It works on the controller (hardware monitor) ? Is there a way to fix this other than replacing the main board

Last edited:
Reactions: PGL Drone techniek
Swap the assembly to the other side of the drone to see if it works. Also check the contacts both on the landing gear and on the drone to ensure there is no problem.
The landing gear issues not associated with the contacts are more likely to be an issue with the landing gear module than with the mainboard.
"Yuneec Typhoon H Landing Gear Circuit Module"

It's also possible to have the two landing gear actuators out of sync with each other. When either leg reaches full up (or full down), BOTH landing gear stop movement. You have to get both in the same position when installing.

Swap the assembly to the other side of the drone to see if it works. Also check the contacts both on the landing gear and on the drone to ensure there is no problem.
The landing gear issues not associated with the contacts are more likely to be an issue with the landing gear module than with the mainboard.
"Yuneec Typhoon H Landing Gear Circuit Module"

It's also possible to have the two landing gear actuators out of sync with each other. When either leg reaches full up (or full down), BOTH landing gear stop movement. You have to get both in the same position when installing.
Thanx as that seems to be what it could be, its my fault, as l attached the skyzimir payload drop, set it up in front of the camera worked like a dream, then stupid is as stupid does decided to move it behind the camera, all looked okay visually turned it up side down for a test no go ? Thats going to be alot of fun getting them sync'd, just like steve said you'll probably drop them 10 times before you get them in ?

Not too hard. Do this to get them in sync:
1.) Remove BOTH landing gear from Drone.
2.) Put ONE back on the drone.
3.) Cycle landing gear until that one is full up.
4.) Remove that one from the drone.
5.) Put the other one on the drone.
6.) Cycle landing gear until that one is full up.
7.) Put the first one back on.
Both should now be full up, and cycle together as you move the switch.
Note there may be a slight difference at first. As you cycle the landing gear, they tend to get just a little closer on each cycle. Eventually they will be in perfect sync.

Thanx as that seems to be what it could be, its my fault, as l attached the skyzimir payload drop, set it up in front of the camera worked like a dream, then stupid is as stupid does decided to move it behind the camera, all looked okay visually turned it up side down for a test no go ? Thats going to be alot of fun getting them sync'd, just like steve said you'll probably drop them 10 times before you get them in ?
Heres a thought, if l remove one try it if it works then that would be the problem (out of sync) No ?

Not too hard. Do this to get them in sync:
1.) Remove BOTH landing gear from Drone.
2.) Put ONE back on the drone.
3.) Cycle landing gear until that one is full up.
4.) Remove that one from the drone.
5.) Put the other one on the drone.
6.) Cycle landing gear until that one is full up.
7.) Put the first one back on.
Both should now be full up, and cycle together as you move the switch.
Note there may be a slight difference at first. As you cycle the landing gear, they tend to get just a little closer on each cycle. Eventually they will be in perfect sync.
Looks like I'll remove the covers to check the connections, should l hear a noise from the actuator becuse l dont hear a sound ? Because that didn't work

Sounds like the module is gone. I don't have any idea if there is a fuse associated with it, but it would be something to look for.
I assume you are holding the drone upside down while cycling the landing gear? It won't work right side up without being in flight.

Reactions: PGL Drone techniek
Sounds like the module is gone. I don't have any idea if there is a fuse associated with it, but it would be something to look for.
I assume you are holding the drone upside down while cycling the landing gear? It won't work right side up without being in flight.
Yes l'm holding it upside down, theirs no fuse as it connects directly to the main board ? I wonder why its not like the H with separate circuit modules ? Because now its an expensive fix, l have a new board, so l'll change that to see ?

You posted in the Typhoon H forum. Sorry, I assumed that was what you were talking about. So you are actually working with your H Plus?
Oh crap, l did it again thought l was in the H+, l've got to pay attention l apologize again, l get to caught up with what l want to ask, l need to slow down ?

Last edited:
Oh crap, l did it again thought l was in the H+, l've got to pay attention l apologize again, l get to caught up with what l want to ask, l need to slow down ?
That's it, time to go stand in the corner for a while. ;) I know you are trying, sometimes it is easy to get it wrong at a glance.

It might not be the module board there is a contact board which the leg actuators mate against, just a thought, to check them.

Reactions: Andrew Grant
How to diagnose landing gear not working ? I removed the assembly from the leg, and it works fine using a 9 volt battery, but doesn't when on the drone ? It works on the controller (hardware monitor) ? Is there a way to fix this other than replacing the main board
You can test the servo's to connect the outher contacts to a AA battery.
Than reverse the poles.
Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital