Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Mode or Travel Mode Hard Case Poll

Which hard case would you prefer for your Typhoon H?

• Landing Mode (Arms out with Props on)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Travel Mode (Arms down with Props off)

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • $189 Soft Backpack with No Foam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neat. It is always a balance between the convenience of being able to fly quicker with the props on versus the probable smaller platform of a smaller case which can serve to be utilized on an aircraft or even less space in a vehicle. I suppose several will opt for a case which can have more storage for multiple batteries and other accessories. Good luck in whatever you come up with... It may end up that a person needs one of each type of case. Especially for someone looking to put the H into the overhead bin of a airplane. If in the luggage hold, it will have to stand up to the abuse of the baggage personnel.

Travel mode.
More padding around St-16
4-5 batteries
Props, charger and cables have own place not on the landing gear.
Place for wizard.
I have a Husky case now just need to find foam.
Maybe offer a compact, and large size that has room for custom items (user cuts the foam for the custom part)

Last edited:
Neat. It is always a balance between the convenience of being able to fly quicker with the props on versus the probable smaller platform of a smaller case which can serve to be utilized on an aircraft or even less space in a vehicle. I suppose several will opt for a case which can have more storage for multiple batteries and other accessories. Good luck in whatever you come up with... It may end up that a person needs one of each type of case. Especially for someone looking to put the H into the overhead bin of a airplane. If in the luggage hold, it will have to stand up to the abuse of the baggage personnel.

I agree, I would like to have both. When I'm local or driving I can have a larger case to carry everything, but when I fly I have to consolidate everything so something smaller would be appropriate. I use the same process with my photography gear. That's why I like the case from mc-cases because you can store a lot of gear. I can keep everything in a case like that and move to something smaller if and when I need to. I really like this idea!

I would say "Travel" as it is more compact therefore making it easier to transport. I take my drones with me on the back of my motorcycle so, "compactness" is a necessity or at least a consideration in my purchasing decision.

Also I would imagine a "travel" sized pack would cost less as uses less material (probably marginal)...

A $189.00 soft backpack that uses the OEM foam? Or a soft backpack that doesn't use any foam?

If it doesn't use any foam or offer protection, it would be a non-starter for me. I would rather have a pack that physically offers protection for my drone rather than compactness and lightweight. And a softpack that offers no protection for 189 would also take it out of consideration for me.

Good Luck! (and thanks for the prompt shipping on my battery!)

I would say "Travel" as it is more compact therefore making it easier to transport. I take my drones with me on the back of my motorcycle so, "compactness" is a necessity or at least a consideration in my purchasing decision.

Also I would imagine a "travel" sized pack would cost less as uses less material (probably marginal)...

A $189.00 soft backpack that uses the OEM foam? Or a soft backpack that doesn't use any foam?

If it doesn't use any foam or offer protection, it would be a non-starter for me. I would rather have a pack that physically offers protection for my drone rather than compactness and lightweight. And a softpack that offers no protection for 189 would also take it out of consideration for me.

Good Luck! (and thanks for the prompt shipping on my battery!)
Compactness for me too. I mostly take mine on my motorbike unless I'm going on holiday in the car or doing test flights at the local sports field.

I just got back from Costa Rica, I used the back pack to walk around and film from. I used my GPC case to fly and travel in the taxis from city to city. They just throw the suit cases in the back or on top of the roof. And it rains.......LOL Honestly sitting for two hours with the back pack on your lap would not be fun. It really is big.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval