Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED Constant purple with orange flash.

I'm calling BS on beeps of death. There is no such thing. You can be bricked out but it's not dead. Drone death is silence. If there is any kind of beep then there is always hope and not despair. The first instinct after any crash of any RC product is to see if it still initializes. That can be a bad plan sometimes as crashes cause internal shorts and then switching on finally fries the bad component. ESC can short out when a motor suddenly stops or reverses in a crash. Motherboards can loose their ability to use the power switch (350 was notorious for this problem) but still function, motors develop dead points where it works but is spinning roughly and throwing all the others out and sucking power, and a whole host of problems that you learn the hard way.

My point is the TH has lots of features that help you escape these problems like it's impossible to accidentally power up with reverse voltage due to the battery design, or how the landing gear switch can be in the up position at take off and it's ignored till you reset. I'm tired of mistaken mythology spread by pilots who are ignorant of the operating system and immediately go to some grand problem rather than what they are doing. I'm not saying that's you but seriously beeps of death does not exist and the threads were folks go straight to blaming the H are generally from less experienced owners. Please don't take it personally and happy flying!!!

Hi again, Craig!

Not taking anything personally since I had nothing in this conversation. I just wanted to be sure I was following the conversation correctly. As I said, you made some very valid points, and your follow-up clarifies them even better.

I agree with you completely. Everyone needs to research, learn, and understand the workings of things and do their best to "report" their experiences correctly without unwarranted imbellishments. When it happens, and it will continue to happen, those who know should stand up and set things right so as not to perpetuate the false impressions.

Thanks for doing so, and thanks again for letting me (and others) know exactly what was incorrect.

Most sincerely,

Jeff

I'm calling BS on beeps of death. There is no such thing. You can be bricked out but it's not dead. Drone death is silence. If there is any kind of beep then there is always hope and not despair. The first instinct after any crash of any RC product is to see if it still initializes. That can be a bad plan sometimes as crashes cause internal shorts and then switching on finally fries the bad component. ESC can short out when a motor suddenly stops or reverses in a crash. Motherboards can loose their ability to use the power switch (350 was notorious for this problem) but still function, motors develop dead points where it works but is spinning roughly and throwing all the others out and sucking power, and a whole host of problems that you learn the hard way.

My point is the TH has lots of features that help you escape these problems like it's impossible to accidentally power up with reverse voltage due to the battery design, or how the landing gear switch can be in the up position at take off and it's ignored till you reset. I'm tired of mistaken mythology spread by pilots who are ignorant of the operating system and immediately go to some grand problem rather than what they are doing. I'm not saying that's you but seriously beeps of death does not exist and the threads were folks go straight to blaming the H are generally from less experienced owners. Please don't take it personally and happy flying!!!
But it doesn't mean you should piss all over their hope of flying any drone just because you are tired of what they post, that is why there are admins and moderators on here. To say they should buy some little pieces of crap drone is fairly pompous. Yes, there is a learning curve with this, and it doesn't matter if this is their first or 10th type of drone they buy. Perhaps you may be wise to take your own advice and not take it all so personally. It's a forum to help and get help, not beat someone about their post because they don't know and are trying to learn. I find if there is an opinion I don't agree with, or as in some peoples view, they don't like the post......just don't follow the post or comment on it. Anyhow, don't take it personally, it's just my opinion.

I was not taking it personally. Sorry you think I'm being demeaning. I did not advocate a crap drone but an actual hobby class drone. I'm trying to help them save their investment. I'm not sure how it came off as pissing on them and I would say this thread is off topic when advice is taken as derision. My apologies.

I was the first one to ever call Yuneec inquiring about a constant beeping at about 2/second intervals with a blue flashing light. They had never heard of that before. They even asked me to hold the phone next to the H for their engineers to hear it. It took about 15 minutes of collaboration to establish the ST-16 had lost calibration and required a new calibration using the "secret menu". I wrote a post about it at the time.

Those beeps are just telling people their calibration us effed up and they need to fix it before flying. It's not dead, not bricked, but very easy to fix. Takes less than 5 minutes while sitting in your living room chair.

The condition might happen anywhere, and you can fix it anywhere it might happen. Just enter the secret menu and calibrate the controller. It's done in two stages. Those that are having drifting problems would cure what ails their H that way.

All interesting and helpful notes here. I was in the same boat a few months ago when I started out in this fun. I did ALOT of researching the I-net on YouTube and Yuneec's websites to make sure that I had my pre-flight processes/ducks a row before I left the ground. The one thing that I remember that stood out the most was repeatedly reading/viewing about the metallic content, and RF of your surroundings during calibration steps. Noteworthy, is the fact that all sources made it a point to tell me to turn off my cellphone during cal processes. Which I did. And I had no issues on my first, or any other flights. Yes, I still crashed, but was from my poor flight maneuvers. Not failed or tainted calibrations. Hope that this helps.

Hi gents.

So I have managed to solve my problem, I updated the firmware on the st16, then recalibrated the st16, did binding, and the beeping issue was solved, then I updated the firmware on the H and the flashing orange light was solved, calibrated the accelerometer and gimbal, after that I managed to get the compass calibration done on the first go. Had a short flight and was great.

Thank you for everyone's input, tips and advice, it's much appreciated!!!

Hi again, Craig!

Not taking anything personally since I had nothing in this conversation. I just wanted to be sure I was following the conversation correctly. As I said, you made some very valid points, and your follow-up clarifies them even better.

I agree with you completely. Everyone needs to research, learn, and understand the workings of things and do their best to "report" their experiences correctly without unwarranted imbellishments. When it happens, and it will continue to happen, those who know should stand up and set things right so as not to perpetuate the false impressions.

Thanks for doing so, and thanks again for letting me (and others) know exactly what was incorrect.

Most sincerely,

Jeff
I understood what he ment right off

I was the first one to ever call Yuneec inquiring about a constant beeping at about 2/second intervals with a blue flashing light. They had never heard of that before. They even asked me to hold the phone next to the H for their engineers to hear it. It took about 15 minutes of collaboration to establish the ST-16 had lost calibration and required a new calibration using the "secret menu". I wrote a post about it at the time.

Those beeps are just telling people their calibration us effed up and they need to fix it before flying. It's not dead, not bricked, but very easy to fix. Takes less than 5 minutes while sitting in your living room chair.

The condition might happen anywhere, and you can fix it anywhere it might happen. Just enter the secret menu and calibrate the controller. It's done in two stages. Those that are having drifting problems would cure what ails their H that way.
Guys i get that yellow very often on initialstart up, sometimes purple from the start then a quick yellow. So i simply switch off the H, & restart. Locks every time, so i go thru, green, purple & RTH which shuts her down. I restart from controller & lock everytime. I don't believe you have to re-cal everytime you see yellow, i never have. I fly in different locations very often, allow the sat's to lock take a couple extra minutes for her to sit, get that lock tone & im having fun. Patience is the word of the day... im just saying i had a fly away & my confidence in this machine is back

Reactions: Edmilson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech