Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED (GPS) issue - Typhoon H

Reaction score
I have an issue with the GPS on my Typhoon H or at least I think it's with the GPS

The H is in an open space, I have GPS lock in both Smart and Angle modes for a short time. I have steady green or purple. The H shows 13/14 satillites and the controller 11. While still in the same position, on the ground, this changes to 3 flashes both green and purple - GPS lock lost. After a short time the indicator light starts flashing 1 green, 1 white or 1 purple, 1 white depending on the mode selected. I don't see any mention of the latter flashing sequence on the Q card.

While these light changes are taking place the H remains in the same position - on the ground.

I contacted Yuneec 2 or 3 days ago but no response yet.

Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
The card is out of date.
Solid purple,white flash, solid purple
Both the H and the ST-16 have a GPS location fix.
In SMART mode the light will be green with a white flash.
If the ST-16 looses GPS lock, the tail light will stop flashing white.

Reaction score
Thanks Bob.

That's exactly what I am experiencing. I wasn't prepared to get my feet off the ground.

It would be great, like the product seems to be, if they would at least try to keep us informed. As a metter of interest where did you get the information from?

Thanks again

Reaction score
I have an H.
That is how they have performed since release. I do not think the color chart was correct from the first release.

Reaction score
In the user manual, v 1.1, look on page 22. There is a notice under the LED Status that says, "NOTICE: White blink between solid flight mode indicates enough satellites for Watch Me/Follow Me."

So when you have either a solid green, or solid purple LED lights, it means you have GPS Lock. So if you are seeing green or purple with a blink of white, you are OK to fly. Also, Green means you are in Smart Mode and Purple means your are in Angle Mode. I can't remember for sure, but I think you need at least 12 satellites to get that white blink LED. Ok, i just fired up my T-H and it acquired 12 satellites to get a solid purple and white blinking LED.

R

Rayray

I can't remember for sure, but I think you need at least 12 satellites to get that white blink LED. Ok, i just fired up my T-H and it acquired 12 satellites to get a solid purple and white blinking LED.
Very good. I believe the White flash indicates that you have 10 (or more) Sats on the ST16. Next time any of you fire up, watch that. It may take a while, you'll have the solid purple, in Angle. Then after the ST16 (on right side of screen) hits 10 Sats, the White flash will start.

Reaction score
I have an H.
That is how they have performed since release. I do not think the color chart was correct from the first release.

Reaction score
Thank everyone.
I've only had the H a couple of weeks so was a little concerned. It's all cleared up now. Flew yesterday and it was all okay. What a great little machine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormcro420