Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Led Lights on H

Reaction score
When I power up my H the first led I get is the battery condition. Usualy green if battery is full. Today I noticed that the led then flashed blue rapidly for about 15 sec before it went to the flashing purple and the steady purple when it had Gps lock. My question is what does the flashing blue light mean?
IT is NOT on the LED light chart that I have and my H is brand new with all the Firmware updates.
Any ideas? Just flashing blue rapidly and then on to the purple. Thanks

It’s indicating a temporary loss of bind with the camera. Essentially a delayed communications thing. The 920 also does this and clears up as soon as the camera connects.

Reactions: rdonson
You’re very welcome. It can be quite distressing for 920 owners as the CGO-4 takes a looong time to connect. Because it lasts so long with the 920 there was ample time to trace it down.

If you experience this a lot consider rebinding to the camera to be on the safe side.

In addition, when the H is first powered on it flashes rapid blue until it binds with the ST16.

I see that they still haven't updated that chart to say what the true indicator is for 'Angle Mode with GPS lock'. The chart says solid purple when it should be purple with a short white blink.

Edit to say that my above statement is incorrect. I somehow missed the yellow highlighted lines in the chart.

Last edited:
You mean the Yuneec UAV simulator stick?
It is a very (!) good help in getting to know the crat and the controller!

I see that they still haven't updated that chart to say what the true indicator is for 'Angle Mode with GPS lock'. The chart says solid purple when it should be purple with a short white blink.

Flush,

Do you see the highlighted lines in Rdobson’s post? One says “flashing white indicates enough satellites for follow modes ... “ and the like.

I take that as having enough sats for GPS lock as well as follow modes.

Anyone else of the same thought?

Jeff

I take it to mean that when there's a flashing withe light mixed in with green or purple lights there's enough satellites for follow modes. There is never a GPS "lock", ever. The white flash between green or purple also always seems to be when the best hover stability and positional accuracy occurs;)

Flush,

Do you see the highlighted lines in Rdobson’s post? One says “flashing white indicates enough satellites for follow modes ... “ and the like.

I take that as having enough sats for GPS lock as well as follow modes.

Anyone else of the same thought?

Jeff
Yes. You are correct. For some unknown reason I blanked out the highlighted lines. I take my above post back...it would seem that they have updated the documentation to reflect the correct led status'.

I stand corrected and thank you for pointing that out.

BTW. What PatR says is correct...Saying that the aircraft has a GPS lock is misleading. The aircraft may acquire GPS satellites, but they are never 'locked'...satellites can come and go during the course of a flight since the count of satellites that the aircraft has acquired will fluctuate depending on various conditions including the GPS mask/shadows that the aircraft encounters during the flight.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Yes. You are correct. For some unknown reason I blanked out the highlighted lines. I take my above post back...it would seem that they have updated the documentation to reflect the correct led status'.

I stand corrected and thank you for pointing that out.

BTW. What PatR says is correct...Saying that the aircraft has a GPS lock is misleading. The aircraft may acquire GPS satellites, but they are never 'locked'...satellites can come and go during the course of a flight since the count of satellites that the aircraft has acquired will fluctuate depending on various conditions including the GPS mask/shadows that the aircraft encounters during the flight.

Flush,

Didn’t mean to imply you needed correcting, but rather just trying to point out a line item that may have been overlooked.

As it stands, It was I that needed the “correcting “ regarding the equivalence of GPS lock versus enough satellites.

:)

Jeff

Reactions: FlushVision
I don’t think of a lot of things as correcting, but as educating and dispelling misperceptions. The foundation for this thread was a really good question with good cause for concern, and Yuneec does not publish anything that would explain the condition. In the end this thread served to do what so many of them do in providing a means for us all to learn from each other through shared experience[emoji4]

I don’t think of a lot of things as correcting, but as educating and dispelling misperceptions. The foundation for this thread was a really good question with good cause for concern, and Yuneec does not publish anything that would explain the condition. In the end this thread served to do what so many of them do in providing a means for us all to learn from each other through shared experience[emoji4]
I've learned allot about flying sUAS' through this forum even though I have some years prior experience of flying another brand, and am still learning to this day through this forum and, indeed, this thread.

One thing I've learned is to be open about any mistakes I've made. To admit when I've got it wrong, and offer constructive criticism/advice where appropriate. That way we can all benefit from our collective experiences...good or bad.

At the end of the day, a small minority of forum members won't admit to their mistakes and simply refuse to take on board the good advice offered to them by vastly experienced H480 pilots...offered free of charge. Their loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772