Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lift off problem

Quick question: When you say no inputs to motor, did you mean you "enabled testing", and clicked the motors?

But @h-elsner is the guy to listen too. He is much more likely to find the real answer.

By "no inputs to motors" I mean that I turned it on as if to fly it (with no props). When I toggle LEFT to the UP position, there is no change in speed. There is a little change if I toggle LEFT to the Right/Left, but that's about it. And that is hit-and-miss. When I had props hooked up, I did that and it nosed over and broke the prop.

Reactions: V327839
Good Job. It sometimes takes quite a while for a review. I'll look also, of course, but my skills are not great.

In the meantime, put the drone back on the GUI one more time, and use the motor test feature in the upper right corner to see if the motors will respond to individual testing.

I did that already. All 4 motors spun-up appropriately. I even felt them carefully with my finger to ensure they were spinning the correct directions.

Now we wait. I've been looking, but only on last couple, then computer hung up. You do need to set time and date on your controller though. What time and date does your controller say right now, vrs current time date? Maybe we can interpret to figure out actual times.

Under "settings" -- "date & time" -- it says the "set date" is 1/10/2014. "set time" is 4:46 a.m. "select time zone" is GMT +08:00, China Standard Time.

Is that what you needed to extrapolate it?

Yup. Don't know how, but I'll figure it out. Might want to set it to current local time and date. Really don't think it's related to current issue, but it will make things easier in the future.
And who knows? When dealing with a mysterious problem, sometimes maybe a mysterious solution would work.

Note: time = ~15:32 EDT, 2019-05-07

Started looking at your telemetry files. I started at the last flight 00079 and worked backward until i saw a normal looking profile at flight 00071. That flight looked good from start to finish.

@denali241, please check the mode setting for the ST-10+, I think it may have gotten set to Mode 1 where the pitch control and throttle are swapped to opposite sticks. Starting with flight 00072 I am seeing pitch input in the place of where throttle would normally be. This would definately explain the pitching forward onto the nose.

Thank you! I did check the Modes, and it was in Mode 2 when I started. I then switched to 1, 3 and 4 just to see if I could get a throttle response, and it did not work. So I put it back to Mode 2.

Thanks! I understand from WTFDproject that you and he have been trying to sort this out. He is a good troubleshooter and should be able to get you up and running.

@h-elsner, @Steve Carr, @DoomMeister, or anyone familiar with Q500log2KML, I notice that in data from flights 71 and prior, there was good correlation between altitude traces from “Elevation Histogram” and “Display Files”. From Flight 72 and forward, there was not. My thought is that if different sensors/signals are used, it may be a clue to the difficulties, which began at flight 72.
What sensors / signals are inputs to these two traces?

The examples below are flight 71 and 72.
Comparison1.JPG

Last edited:
The top traces are of altitude reading from the time of binding until loss of binding and does not reflect flight mode.

The bottom traces are a quick reference for flight combining altitude, battery level, and flight mode vs time. I believe h-elsner has this graph programmed to ignore altitude changes prior to the motors being armed.

All flights up 00071 are in Mexico. Starting with 00072 we are in Alaska. I'm looking only on those.
CH0 (Throttle) is always near 0%, sometimes there are spikes up to +/- 70%. If HW-Monitor shows +/-100% and slider K2 is also working correct and set to rabbit mode (upper position in HW-Monitor) then there should be mor output on the radio channels.
Let's have a look on the CH0, the radio channel for Throttle:
00072: Neutral, only one short spike up to 39%
00073: One stick movement -60% to +60% for 0.6s; motor1 stopped, emergency mode reached
00074: Armed but nothing on CH0
00075/76: Not armed, nothing at all
00077: Some very short tries +/-47% visible
00078: Not armed, some short peaks +/-60%
00079: The only interesting try. Sticks are limited to +/-70% now by slider K2 (turtle/rabbit). There is a gap over 2min in telemetry. I don't know what that means, really strange. After the gap it is in Smart-Mode. Switched to smart-mode at the end of the gap. CH0 was for 3s at +70% with no significat reaction by the copter itself. In this case and only in this case I would expect the copter starts. OK, the Q500 is slow, but not so slow.

What can we do?
- Check all sticks and sliders in HW Monitor if woking +/-100% (OK, OK, 99% is also good).
- Remove camera for further tests. Always switch to Angle Mode.
- Go on with a full battery, set slider K2 to rabbit mode (full up). Wait to GPS, wait with motor idle after armed a little bit, then full throttle and let it full for a while. Startin? If not try the next item.
- Create a new model from scratch (as @WTFproject suggested), bind this new model to copter. Try to start it with slider K2 in rabbit mode.

Remark: No need to remove the SD card from ST10. You have access to the SD-card via USB port on the right side of the ST10. Power on the ST10, wait until it is fully booted up, then plug in the USB cable. Wait a moment till the ST10 appears in file manager on you PC.

br HE

Thanks HE, you are seeing what I am.

There was mention of this controller working fine with a different aircraft, but I am thinking it is binding on a different model than the one that is exhibiting trouble.

I am also seeing the aircraft being powered on then carried before the motors are armed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone