Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lift off problem

The data in Remote_xxxxx.csv for CH0 (and all other channels) are recorded in the ST10. It shows, what goes out ro transmitter. Files 00072 to 00078 nothing or nearly nothing was sent.
File 00079 may indicate a problem in the Q500 copter itself but from my point of view stick action still too cautious.

A good idea in this case would be to calibrate accelerometer (again) using GUI.
Question: Was compass calibration done after move copter from Mexico to Alaska?

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
THank you all for your help. I did all of the calibrations when I hooked it to the GUI and opened the Typhoon software. Some of what you guys are saying is a little alien to me, but I will try all of the suggestions h-Elsner made in the previous post over the weekend.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. The local airport isn't a problem - my Q500 has never had a problem (and I have blanket permission from the airport authority to fly if I follow the rules). Prior to my post, I did delete and re-bind on the ST10+ to the 4K drone as WTFD suggests. It did not help.

I lamely couldn't find my GUI, so I just ordered one and it'll be here in a few days to try your other suggestions.

As for the right stick, I cannot detect any changes in any of the 4 positions. The only thing changing the props is left/right on the LEFT stick. And it nosed over and crashed.

As far as testing the motors without props, I read on here that it'll cause a sand-in-the-gears nasty sound due to spinning too fast. So I've been testing with props on.

Thanks again to all! I am open to any suggestions ya'll have RE: how to use the GUI once I get it. I have never done that, but I did update my Wizard Wand as Yuneec showed on its video. That wasn't too bad. But WTFD's other suggestions are a bit intimidating. Hopefully it won't be too hard for me to figure out.

Cheers!
eric
fellow yuneec pilot; My name is Marcus I'm from Alabama and I was just reading your post about your q500 did I read it you're from Kenai Alaska is that correct?

Friends ...

Eric in Alaska here. I'm brand new to this forum, but I've lurked many times and I've had a 1st gen Q500 for several years. I crash it a lot but still love it! Thank you in advance for any help you may lend.

I recently bought a Q500 4K with ST10+ controller used off eBay. When I tried to fly it, the left stick UP input would not add power. Weirdly, the left stick LEFT/RT inputs changed the power a little, nosing it over and breaking a prop. The right stick inputs did not (noticeably) do anything, but of course she's not airborne so no clue if they work.

To troubleshoot, I hooked the 4K's controller (ST10+) to my original Q500 and it flew fine. So, the problem is not the controller, rather it seems to be in the 4K's guts (the circuit board or whatever it is called -- I'm not proficient with electronics as my failed pinball machine rebuild would attest).

The 4K's camera, however, does work and accepts inputs from the ST10+. Thus, I'm sure the camera is good, the controller is good, and the battery is good. I evidently just have a drone body that was not what I was promised by the fellow who sold it to me.

Big issue: Is it worth spending time trying to fix the new drone, or just try to buy a new body with good guts?

And if anyone in the Lower-48 can go find the guy who sold me this "excellent condition" 4K and punch him in the face for me, that'd be great, too! (Just kidding).
If you ever find out what is wrong with your copter let me know i have two of them with the same problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech