Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Long Distance Flying

Reaction score
Flew my longest distance yet ..1.9 miles!! I am using DBS and booster on my Q500+/ ST10+. I had to turn back, was afraid not enough battery life using stock batteries. I only had one a slight delay around 6000 ft. In video picture, the rest of the flight Perfect!!. Just ordered the new 750O mah batteries, we will see if I can make it to two miles range.... Anyone else filming at this Distance

Reactions: BlueFighter8
Flew my longest distance yet ..1.9 miles!! I am using DBS and booster on my Q500+/ ST10+. I had to turn back, was afraid not enough battery life using stock batteries. I only had one a slight delay around 6000 ft. In video picture, the rest of the flight Perfect!!. Just ordered the new 750O mah batteries, we will see if I can make it to two miles range.... Anyone else filming at this Distance
What batteries you are using as i now..i was thinking of purchasing the venum 6e00mah..are they any good

Did you do the mod for the itelite DBS yourself or did someone else do it. What type of booster did you get? Stock I get out bout 1000ft.

I have gone out 2 miles with my setup on stock batteries. The DBS antennas are way over priced. It is the boosters that do all the work and they are over priced also, a few years ago you could buy these for pennies, now cost you big bucks. :(
20150926_155255.jpg 20150912_121338.jpg

DBS AND BOOSTER...im new to q500t...can you give me ideas in the what to get to make a longer flight

DBS AND BOOSTER...im new to q500t...can you give me ideas in the what to get to make a longer flight
I personally can't help you out in that department...mine is stock and last weekend I was on a ridge and was flying out over a quarry and looked down at the controller and it said 2,760ft...I just about ---t my pants..farthest I have ever flown...the bird was just a speck...far enough for me...no video glitches...everything was good...other than bragging rights, why would anyone want to fly 1-2 miles...what about LOS?

I'm not familiar with venom batts. Mine are standard 3 cell5400mah. They work for me. I have DBS but haven't broke down and hacked the ST10+. I put the DBS on my TH. They work really well. I've gotten out to 2900 ft with no drop outs. I'm in Arkansas and it is heavily wooded. Leaves kill wifi and 5.8Ghz. Humidity isn't its friend either. I now have a XStar which I like very much so now I have 2 4K and 1 1080pn. That's enuff of the flying type I have a 1080p Nikon 3400 handheld. Now I just need to figure out how to post tu YouTube. I was doing it with my phone. The other day I uploaded and it took over an hour. Hi tech is nice but I'm beginning to realize it is almost beyond me.

Wasn't that Frank at Carolina Dronz?

I'm not familiar with venom batts. Mine are standard 3 cell5400mah. They work for me. I have DBS but haven't broke down and hacked the ST10+. I put the DBS on my TH. They work really well. I've gotten out to 2900 ft with no drop outs. I'm in Arkansas and it is heavily wooded. Leaves kill wifi and 5.8Ghz. Humidity isn't its friend either. I now have a XStar which I like very much so now I have 2 4K and 1 1080pn. That's enuff of the flying type I have a 1080p Nikon 3400 handheld. Now I just need to figure out how to post tu YouTube. I was doing it with my phone. The other day I uploaded and it took over an hour. Hi tech is nice but I'm beginning to realize it is almost beyond me.
Hey Dragon I'm with you on the tech stuff...when I was a kid a computer had 2 big reels and a guy with a white lab coat lol

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
You are right, data punch cards to get the puter to do what you want. Amazing what 1 and 0 can do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me