Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Morpilot Typhoon H Battery Test.

Reaction score
I received a battery from Morpilot for testing and evaluation. I performed 4 tests against a stock Yuneec battery with about 10 cycles. Both batteries where at room temperature before changing and left to rest 30 minutes before testing. The H was powered up and flown to an altitude of 15 Ft AGL and left to hover with no input from the ST-16. Camera mounted not recording. Wind was zero to one mile per hour. Flight time was taken at first low voltage warning. You an see the data in the chart bellow.
Battery Test.JPG

The weight of both batteries are very close. Flight time and cell balance are very close. Morpilot claims longer flight time but after 4 cycles this is not evident. They also claim the battery is made by the same company that makes the Yunnec battery. Tho they are labeled 6300 mAh, either it is not or as I have claimed in the past the Yuneec batteries are under rated.

Bellow see a picture of the battery next to a stock Yuneec Typhoon H battery.

20170719_211947.jpg
In conclusion. Both batteries seem to be equal in performance. Price is $89.95 at Amazon.

Cool test, thanks.

Morpilot is also available in EU, for about the same price you mention. The Ultrax were a tiny bit cheaper so I bought those. Do you own an Ultrax to do same sort of test?

TyphoonCharlie,

You might want to try on of the GensAce/Tattu/Ultrax batteries. At $55.00 you won't get hurt. I strongly suspect the Yuneec battery is 6300mA as well, which makes performance comparisons with other 6300mA batteries pretty easy. I also suspect there will be little, if any, flight time differences between them if all else is equal. In the long run it comes down to $/min of flight time as long as the battery quality is good.

Cool test, thanks.

Morpilot is also available in EU, for about the same price you mention. The Ultrax were a tiny bit cheaper so I bought those. Do you own an Ultrax to do same sort of test?
Yes I own 2 Ultrax. They are the same as the Morpilot as far as performance. Seems they all come out of the same factory, just a little different case and branding.

I received a battery from Morpilot for testing and evaluation. I performed 4 tests against a stock Yuneec battery with about 10 cycles. Both batteries where at room temperature before changing and left to rest 30 minutes before testing. The H was powered up and flown to an altitude of 15 Ft AGL and left to hover with no input from the ST-16. Camera mounted not recording. Wind was zero to one mile per hour. Flight time was taken at first low voltage warning. You an see the data in the chart bellow.
View attachment 6715

The weight of both batteries are very close. Flight time and cell balance are very close. Morpilot claims longer flight time but after 4 cycles this is not evident. They also claim the battery is made by the same company that makes the Yunnec battery. Tho they are labeled 6300 mAh, either it is not or as I have claimed in the past the Yuneec batteries are under rated.

Bellow see a picture of the battery next to a stock Yuneec Typhoon H battery.

View attachment 6714
In conclusion. Both batteries seem to be equal in performance. Price is $89.95 at Amazon.

After almost 5 month of flying the "Morpilot 6300mAh" batteries, I can only say that I am still extremely satisfied with their performance and longvitivity.
My experience I reported in the thread
tested: Morpilot 4S 6300mAh 14,8V 93,2Wh
on March 26th, is still valid for me:
"After the fourth charging cycle I can say that the 6300mAh battery works as it should and seems to be reliable. You gain about 16 or 17% longer flight time. The battery so to say just stays longer on each decimal voltage unit than the original 5400mAh pack. So I can recommend it. If it stays like this over a longer time period I can for sure not say yet. My three original Yunneec packs have close to 100 cycles now and they work almost as on the first day. Let's see if the 6300mAh batteries can keep up with them..."

As explained above: You gain about 16 % endurance, which simply corresponds to the 6300/5400 calculation... So instead of 15 min flight time I have 17.5 minutes.
When using the RealsSense Module in conjunction with the CGO-ET camera (higher energy consumption), I at least still have 15 minutes endurance with the "Morpilot 6300mAh" battery instead of 13 minutes with the original "Power 4"...

Reactions: Dr Delta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li