Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for advice

Reading this thread reminded me why I have been selling off all of my Yuneec products. I haven't posted about problems I've had with Yuneec but it's a similar situation encountered by the original poster, with really poor customer service. What finally tipped me to go selling off my Yuneec drones (2xbreeze, 3-q500 (g, 4k, 4k) and an h2) was the late and lackluster response to the new flying rules imposed here in Canada by the federal government. Until recently, non of the Yuneec models I had were listed for advanced operations. As of today, the H models, 520, and mantis are cleared for advanced operations, but limited only to flying in controlled airspace ( assuming you have the certification yourself and received the permissions). However, they are not certified to fly over people, nor within 30 meters, (100 ft or so) of people. They also never certified the breeze, nor the q500's. I guess that as they decided to not continue with these models, they made the decision to not have them certified. I have my fully certified advanced certification and I had to make a decision to either go to the h2+ or switch to the dark side where almost all their machines are certified for advanced operations except for flying over people. To get the certification, the company has to follow a standards guideline put out by Transport Canada, and self declare that their product meets the standards laid out in that guideline. Hefty fines if they are untruthful. if interested here is a link to the Transport Canada Page showing the advanced certified RPAS (sUAV) to date Choosing the right drone - Transport Canada
The table starts lower down on that site.

Before I get yelled at, I really like the Yuneec machines as I believe that they are demonstrably better in many aspects...I had 6 of them(3 q500's left)...but it's the company that really put me off and their operational limitations imposed by our new regulations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal