Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for advice

Management knows exactly what they are doing. It’s the same principle they have been practicing since the H-480 was first announced and they initiated acceptance if pre-orders with a deposit.

The hired help knows this as well but they are in the position of having to follow management’s orders or forfeit their jobs. That kind of stuff happens everywhere. Lower levels know what they are doing is wrong, or know of defects in products or practices but if they say anything to anyone or resist management directives they end up quickly out of work. I’ve experienced it as well.

It’s an extension of the power/corruption equation; Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. A more visible example of that is in what has been happening with the 737.
Must be the exception to the rule. Second tier of management and we are not briefed on quite a few issues, large financial commitments were told nothing about, we are told to leave the meeting we are not required. Sometimes we do hear about certain things, many months after when I have to sort out the problems.

To drop ship is one thing, to force buyers to wait in line for their orders to be manufactured is a completely different thing. One of the problems of over taxation is that it stifles an economy by inhibiting production at numerous levels. The VAT tax is a perfect example of that as each level of production adds to the amount of collectable taxes, which induces manufacturers to avoid producing anything that will incur a tax until it has a buyer to pay for the item, and the tax. Inventory taxes are especially egregious.

Employees are generally pretty astute and know when something is wrong. They may not know the exact cause but they know when their work instructions run counter to normal practices and ethics.

To drop ship is one thing, to force buyers to wait in line for their orders to be manufactured is a completely different thing. One of the problems of over taxation is that it stifles an economy by inhibiting production at numerous levels. The VAT tax is a perfect example of that as each level of production adds to the amount of collectable taxes, which induces manufacturers to avoid producing anything that will incur a tax until it has a buyer to pay for the item, and the tax. Inventory taxes are especially egregious.

Employees are generally pretty astute and know when something is wrong. They may not know the exact cause but they know when their work instructions run counter to normal practices and ethics.
I take you've never bought from Nikon? 200-500mm had at least a six month wait to be manufactured, the 500mm PF some waited 12 months.

Have you tried the on line chat?
The U.S support is a horror, they have no clue, everything is on it's way or either back ordered. "Call us next month, maybe it will be available then"..."Really?!@#$%^" How can one have any faith in that kind of business?
Open an online request, they'll close it, no rhyme or reason given either.
The phone support is a horror as well, NO clue whatsoever.

The U.S support is a horror, they have no clue, everything is on it's way or either back ordered. "Call us next month, maybe it will be available then"..."Really?!@#$%^" How can one have any faith in that kind of business?
Open an online request, they'll close it, no rhyme or reason given either.
The phone support is a horror as well, NO clue whatsoever.
Online chat? Another "joke", currently unavailable, "try again later"...as the other threads indicated, yuneec USA is more interested in keeping with the h520 product line, & not at all interested in supporting anything else otherwise anymore. Great product/s (h480,h920 etc.),horrible parts availability or technical support.

Well on a positive note, the Typhoon H Plus I ordered Saturday July 27th 2019 was "Pending Fulfillment" until August 1st, 2019. Tracking information was provided August 1st. It has officially left the facility in Kansas City and is on it's way to Wisconsin. Anticipated delivery is Monday Aug. 5th.

So an update on my situation... After canceling my order last Thursday, I was told it would take a couple days for accounting to refund me my money. Ok, it was Thursday, figured they wouldn’t do it that Friday. I’d give them the weekend, hopefully have my refund Tuesday. It’s now been a week and a day. I can’t get in contact with anyone again and my money has not been returned. I’m so angry and frustrated over this entire transaction that all I can do is laugh at how terrible this company is.

Unless you gave them cash there’s no reason you have to continue waiting. Call whomever you used to provide the funds and cancel the order with them. I’m assuming you have some form of proof to show you cancelled the order through Yuneec so there can be no dispute.

People, the reason we use credit cards isn’t just because we get to use someone else’s money in loan, or because it’s easy. We also use them to assure we have a means of protection in purchase disputes. For those that prefer PayPal, note they are among the slowest to resolve a transaction dispute but charge the most for their services.

Either way, if you are affected by a transaction dispute, contact the fund disbursement agency immediately. You have but a limited period of time to initiate a dispute and it’s pretty dumb to waste that time playing games with a seller. Bear in mind a few Chinese hobby distributors are well versed in delaying tactics that consume 100% of a remorse or dispute period. You’re nor buying stuff hoping to make friends. Sellers don’t care if they become your friend. Don’t worry about their “feelings”. What they do is all business.

Unless you gave them cash there’s no reason you have to continue waiting. Call whomever you used to provide the funds and cancel the order with them. I’m assuming you have some form of proof to show you cancelled the order through Yuneec so there can be no dispute.

People, the reason we use credit cards isn’t just because we get to use someone else’s money in loan, or because it’s easy. We also use them to assure we have a means of protection in purchase disputes. For those that prefer PayPal, note they are among the slowest to resolve a transaction dispute but charge the most for their services.

Either way, if you are affected by a transaction dispute, contact the fund disbursement agency immediately. You have but a limited period of time to initiate a dispute and it’s pretty dumb to waste that time playing games with a seller. Bear in mind a few Chinese hobby distributors are well versed in delaying tactics that consume 100% of a remorse or dispute period.

I paid using PayPal credit and they’ve already been notified. The shitty part is until I get a refund or the dispute is completed my funds are held up so I can’t even purchase elsewhere.

Understand completely. With credit card agencies things are usually cleared up in only a couple days. Amex is extremely fast in this, often getting it done the same day as notification.

Reactions: sandycreekaviation
Understand completely. With credit card agencies things are usually cleared up in only a couple days. Amex is extremely fast in this, often getting it done the same day as notification.

I may have to look into a new credit card then. PayPal takes unto 60 days to finalize an investigation.

And during all that time your money, or the sellers, is kept in play for the benefit of PayPal.

Does anyone ever wonder why PayPal requires 3 days to complete an electronic funds transfer? The process is actually complete in minutes to a few hours but having 3 days of freedom to float somebody else’s money is a lot of easy profit when the process is multiplied thousands of times. They make money not only when you borrow, but also when you deposit.

I paid using PayPal credit and they’ve already been notified. The shitty part is until I get a refund or the dispute is completed my funds are held up so I can’t even purchase elsewhere.
PayPal credit is like a high purchase agreement, you pay in monthly instalments for a few months usually interest free, so have you waiting that long that you've paid all the installments? Personally I wouldn't pay with PayPal credit and always declined their offer to take it.

Reactions: Jim Davies

Sandy,

I must not have been getting enough sleep as I am missing something here.

If you purchased your kit using credit, how is it your funds a “tied up”? Have you already paid off the credit debt?

Jeff

Last edited:
Sandy,

I must not have been getting enough sleep as I am missing something here.

If you purchased your kit using credit, how is it your funds a “tied up”? Have you already paid off the credit debt?

Jeff

My funds are tied up because I can’t charge more to my credit until either I get my refund or PayPal removes the charge from my card.

Good news. I got my refund. Someone finally answered the phone again. She double checked my canceled order and emailed accounting. Not 30mins later I had my money. Pretty unreal how bad that ball was dropped, but at least I can rest easier now that it’s over.

Now to decide if I still want to go with the H520 or if I should look elsewhere. [emoji52]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal