Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for repair info and advise for after a crash

Reaction score
I was so upset that I might have to send it in for repair. Upset is the wrong word. Devistated! First one I purchased and only 3 days old. But I'm gonna try and fix the arm myself with JB Weld. 3 propellers and 1 semi broken arm. But does it matter if you use a plastic JB or can you use the original stand true JB Weld? Also I plugged it in to the GUI program and everything looks good. All checks. Is there anything else to look for? I am literally less than a week into this hobby and I'm already realizing it's going to be an expensive one and learning is very much needed.

Thanks for any advise!

I was so upset that I might have to send it in for repair. Upset is the wrong word. Devistated! First one I purchased and only 3 days old. But I'm gonna try and fix the arm myself with JB Weld. 3 propellers and 1 semi broken arm. But does it matter if you use a plastic JB or can you use the original stand true JB Weld? Also I plugged it in to the GUI program and everything looks good. All checks. Is there anything else to look for? I am literally less than a week into this hobby and I'm already realizing it's going to be an expensive one and learning is very much needed.
Thanks for any advise!
You're on the fast track learning curve. The JB weld for plastic ought to do the job. That would be my choice. Did you test each motor with the GUI?

Reactions: DarkSide82
You're on the fast track learning curve. The JB weld for plastic ought to do the job. That would be my choice. Did you test each motor with the GUI?
I clicked the test motor and ran the simple spin each motor check. All 4 were green lit and all seemed to be working. I'm not gonna lie I plugged in the GUI and I wasn't sure if you had to somehow run the motors or if the simple spin motor check was all that's required.

I clicked the test motor and ran the simple spin each motor check. All 4 were green lit and all seemed to be working. I'm not gonna lie I plugged in the GUI and I wasn't sure if you had to somehow run the motors or if the simple spin motor check was all that's required.
You did it correctly. You should be good to go. One of the members of this forum has taken the time to produce a number of videos for the Q500. Might be time well spent.

Jeff Sibelius

I am a constant multi-tasker. I usually watch YouTube or some form of video while editing photos or graphic designing. Always up for learning. Thank you for all the help and the recommendation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop