Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking to maybe buy the "Typhoon H" currently have a P4

Hello fellow pilots. I'm like looking for feedback about the 'Typhoon H' such as pros & cons because I'm very interested in the "Y.T.H". Can anyone answer what's the max altitude above sea level the "Typhoon H" can achieve? Also the controller looks fairly uncomfortable due to size can anyone rely on this? I use to own a Q500, it was a very great and reliable quad and as I stated I currently have a "Phantom 4" so I wish to know more information mainly because YouTube is very limited at the moment due to the Y.T.H being only recently released. So honesty will be appreciated and if you also own a P4 and a Y.T.H a better comparison would be very much helpful. :)
Go to Youtube type in Lou Ming and you will have it all he does things that the rest of us can only wonder. Nothing wrong with the Phantom if you like the legs in the way of the camera.And for me no sound otherwise it is fine.

I had a P3P last year and I will admit it was a nice drone. I had zero issues with the aircraft but I decided to sell it after reading about so many people having the stress crack syndrome on their Phantoms. Some say it doesn't happen on every drone and some say it does because it's only a matter of time. I didn't feel like becoming another stress crack statistic so I jumped ship.

I recently heard about how great the Typhoon H is and I decided to try one out. I have only flown it twice but so far so good. It handles great and the ST16 controller with LCD is awesome.
Thats exactly why i left the fold! I liked my P3P but wanted the promise of the H.. Not sorry i did it.. But there is a learning curve on pre-flight if your used to DJI.

Go to Youtube type in Lou Ming and you will have it all he does things that the rest of us can only wonder. Nothing wrong with the Phantom if you like the legs in the way of the camera.And for me no sound otherwise it is fine.
I was beginning to wonder if i was the only one who likes the sound feature.. Also it being far quieter thank the phantom...

Have you tried taking it past 8K, if so what does it do?
Our lowest Ski Resort and snow mobiling areas around here is 8300'. I had no problem with the Phantom at 9500'

I just bought it on Tuesday and have only flown it from a beginning elevation of 7500'. I will test it at higher altitude within the next couple of days and report back on this forum.

I just bought it on Tuesday and have only flown it from a beginning elevation of 7500'. I will test it at higher altitude within the next couple of days and report back on this forum.
Late this afternoon I drove to an elevation of 8890', fired up the transmitter and the aircraft, waited for the GPS to lock and took off. As far as I can tell the aircraft performed about the same as at 7500' and there is definitely NOT an electronically controlled ceiling of 8000'. Great news for this pilot that plans many flights at higher altitudes.

Late this afternoon I drove to an elevation of 8890', fired up the transmitter and the aircraft, waited for the GPS to lock and took off. As far as I can tell the aircraft performed about the same as at 7500' and there is definitely NOT an electronically controlled ceiling of 8000'. Great news for this pilot that plans many flights at higher altitudes.

That is very good news.
I wonder if it had anything to do that you were already over 8k when you took off.

That is very good news.
I wonder if it had anything to do that you were already over 8k when you took off.
Possibly, but I would be surprised. I'm no engineer, but it's my understanding that the standard firmware for the Q500 would not allow take off over 8000' so I figured it would be best to test it at an altitude greater than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop