Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking to possibly upgrade lens

Reaction score
Hello! I am a fairly new UAV user and am already looking into upgrading my camera lens for better quality. Any reommendations? The highest Ive seen was a 8.25mm from Peau. Is this too excessive?

Unless your needs are immediate for a longer lens, I would hold off... you will have more
choices by the beginning of 2018 (or maybe sooner)... by that point I expect both a modified
mount for the E50 that will fit the H, as well as a longer focal length lens from PixAero.

The PixAero lens referenced above is an excellent replacement lens for the OEM lens on the
CGO3+, and I highly recommend Carolina Dronz to do the install. I am very pleased with the
work they did on my installation.

Based on my personal use of the PixAero 3.77, I'm willing to bet that the longer PixAero
will beat the Peau hands down.

Last edited:
I use the PixAero 3.77 as well and have been very pleased with it. The only issue I have with the PixAero and the Peau is the price of their lenses. I certainly agree with having CarolinaDronz handle the installation. For the 8.25mm Peau, I would limit it to still photo applications. Because of the magnification factor some have experienced problems with blurred imagery in videos. The gimbal does not appear to be capable of sufficiently stabilizing a lens with greater magnification when in video mode.

Reactions: RedBeard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sakshijah