Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing video link to st16 controller

Reaction score
Today I flew my typhoon H out over Lake Erie. At a height from 110 to 215 ft. my distance out was 800 to 1200 ft out. All the sudden my st16 controller went to home screen. On the left side of my screen everything said n/a not available.
I tried not to panic but I was getting a little panicky. So I hit return to home mode and started praying.
Thank God return to home has not failed me yet. Is it possible the trees blocking my view could have caused this ?

Reactions: Firemangerald
Thank you that's the only thing I could think of that the screen would go blank.
Keith Kuhn
I know from personal experience that it is entirely possible to maintain a video link (generally) to at least 500m since that's the furthest I've ever flown my H from the take-off point and my video was rock solid throughout the 500m journey (500m is the legal maximum distance one can fly in the U.K. so I can only attest to the 500m...in reality I've no doubt that the distance will be further). But this is only possible if you have a direct line of sight to the aircraft. All you need is just one tree (or any other object) between you and the aircraft such that the controller doesn't have that direct straight line link for your video signal to go down. The control signal is a little more robust and will generally hold out a little longer than the video link. So, as soon as you lose video begin to get the aircraft back in line of sight if you want to avoid a RTH. Remember if you haven't set your RTH high enough it is possible that your aircraft could fly into the object that is blocking your signal!

NB. You should always maintain LOS in any case.

I know from personal experience that it is entirely possible to maintain a video link (generally) to at least 500m since that's the furthest I've ever flown my H from the take-off point and my video was rock solid throughout the 500m journey (500m is the legal maximum distance one can fly in the U.K. so I can only attest to the 500m...in reality I've no doubt that the distance will be further). But this is only possible if you have a direct line of sight to the aircraft. All you need is just one tree (or any other object) between you and the aircraft such that the controller doesn't have that direct straight line link for your video signal to go down. The control signal is a little more robust and will generally hold out a little longer than the video link. So, as soon as you lose video begin to get the aircraft back in line of sight if you want to avoid a RTH. Remember if you haven't set your RTH high enough it is possible that your aircraft could fly into the object that is blocking your signal!

NB. You should always maintain LOS in any case.
I had similar problem last night flying then screen goes to RC completed WiFi completing so 2night I took of the mushroom middle antenna and installed the square patch and what a difference not a drop out at all so try that

I had similar problem last night flying then screen goes to RC completed WiFi completing so 2night I took of the mushroom middle antenna and installed the square patch and what a difference not a drop out at all so try that
Good to hear that. I've had a Typhoon H for about a week, new with the latest firmware.and it's lost wi-fi every flight but one. It doesn't necessarily happen at the furthest distance, sometimes on the way back at less than 100mtrs and with direct line of sight and it doesn't always re-connect. Can I ask what patch one you used? Mine did come with another one which I've tried but they are both mushroom type. Thanks

Good to hear that. I've had a Typhoon H for about a week, new with the latest firmware.and it's lost wi-fi every flight but one. It doesn't necessarily happen at the furthest distance, sometimes on the way back at less than 100mtrs and with direct line of sight and it doesn't always re-connect. Can I ask what patch one you used? Mine did come with another one which I've tried but they are both mushroom type. Thanks
You should have got 1 like this in your bag my ST16 come with the mushroom fitted but this was in my charger box h-patch-antenna.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval