Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost Video Signal

Reaction score
This has happened a few times now, I'll be flying and when I look at the remote control I notice that I have lost the video signal. I still have RC control and the drone responds to flight input but the video stops at the remote but when I view the footage it was recording the whole time.

My question is why do I lose video at the remote?

Usually because something is blocking the signal. That something could be your body, antenna orientation, foliage, a building, or frequency saturation. If you are flying low the terrain can interfere with video signal. The 5.8 frequency is of short wavelength, weak, dies not penetrate well, and easily blocked. Maintaining LOS between the transmitter snd aircraft is critical. 5.8 is very good at indicating when you might soon be losing the command and control (RC) link. When the video goes RC often fails afterwards if you continue to push further out.

Neither the 2.4 or 5.8 frequencies are “protected” and both are being used by many different consumer and household products. Urban environments can be difficult to operate in due to frequency saturation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misfit88