Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maiden Voyage of H+ NO GO Compass would not Calibrate

For sure smart phones have become the camera of choice for hundreds of millions. They're ubiquitous and everyone has one with them at all times and they are all that a lot of people need for a camera.

DSLRs are dying out because of a technology advance in sensors which obviate the need for a mirror that flips up and down. Mirrorless cameras are taking over the prosumer market because of technology, size and weight advantages. There are a lot of other things going on in the camera market such as prosumer cameras now also do a great job with 4K video.

Technology marches on.

Side note: Kodak is reintroducing Ektachrome film so nostalgia sells as well.
I don't own a cell phone but my son's £1000 iPhone goes everywhere with him - until it gets broken, lost or stolen, which has happened on average twice a year for the past 10 years.

It doesn't take bad photos either and is invaluable when it's on hand to record an accident scene or the sudden emergence of a wild animal from the bushes. But I would guess that no designated amateur photographer would have one as his weapon of choice. And it's no good for photographing my roof. And it's a pain in the neck when you're trying to enjoy a quiet round of golf (but not as bad as the Motorola brick which used to hang off my golf buggy 20-odd years ago).

Many amateur and professional photographers indeed use smart phone cameras. Only a few use them for portfolio work. Most, like myself, use them to "see" and perhaps judge a scene and capture the location since smart phones imbed the GPS coordinates. If it looks good on the smart phone and the light is right its then time to pull out the more conventional photo gear. Some photogs are not keen to share the location of their photos so they strip the GPS data from the metadata before sharing publicly.

Seems most of the cell phone pics I see are those where the owner of the phone is taking a picture of their own face...

OTOH, the best camera has always been the one you have with you to capture the moment.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
I'm old enough and not nearly narcissistic enough to take a selfie. I'm still clueless as to why they are the rage on social media. Then again I deleted my Facebook account a bit over 2 years ago.

Reactions: oliver
My face is reason enough to stay behind the camera... in fact, I've never looked better than under a view camera focusing cloth... :rolleyes:

I went to my usual haunt for testing and maiden voyages. I waited about 10 minutes and got 17 satellites.
I entered "Advanced Settings" and then chose "Compass Calibration" I touched green box, I held down my finger on green box...it would never even get passed the green box which takes you to actual calibration.

Other settings were also very flaky. I would set return to home parameter to return to take off point and I would get a red X and it would automatically choose return to current controller position. The next time I rebooted I choose return to current controller position and I got a red X and it chose return to take off point automatically.

I think this is going back to Yuneec for a refund. I don't have the time to sort these fundamental things out.

Glad you got the bugs worked out. Have been waiting for the Plus for a long time. Where did you purchase yours from?

I went to my usual haunt for testing and maiden voyages. I waited about 10 minutes and got 17 satellites.
I entered "Advanced Settings" and then chose "Compass Calibration" I touched green box, I held down my finger on green box...it would never even get passed the green box which takes you to actual calibration.

Other settings were also very flaky. I would set return to home parameter to return to take off point and I would get a red X and it would automatically choose return to current controller position. The next time I rebooted I choose return to current controller position and I got a red X and it chose return to take off point automatically.

I think this is going back to Yuneec for a refund. I don't have the time to sort these fundamental things out.
Hello I am starting to get a little upset with yuneec also. I had a legitimate Fly Away not too long ago and the Drone is under warranty.
they seem to be doggin me around a little bit. I am going to be patient with them. my drone is at the bottom of a river 20 feet down. I have talked with them on the phone several times but they seem to keep coming up with excuses. they don't reply back like they said they would but I will keep on them. good luck with your issues I hope it works out for you.

That sucks man. I'm waiting 6 to 12 months before I get mine for this very reason. I always wanted the latest and greatest toys in the pass but learned to wait now since new products will always have bugs. Hope you get a new one problem free soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123