Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Making money with drones

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of skycatch? I just did minimal research. They have a program called WorkMode where you upload your images and supposedly get paid. Has anyone read about this and provide more information? Or if you know better options for using my drone as a money making machine id love to hear it.

Hi Gilly, I have registered with Skycatch/Workmode but I have not done anything with it at this stage as they require you first do a online course which I looked at and is not difficult then to send a sample of a Geo Mapped area, but for me it's too involved and time consuming up front so have not bothered.
I do however recommend "Airstoc" this is a company based in the UK and you upload your Photos and/or Videos which are then on their web for sale and someone in your area might request a particular aerial video or photo and you could be hired for $1,000 a day so I suggest you check it out, I have registered (which is free) and have uploaded videos.
Cheers, JV

Hi X6_Gorm, Yep it's true I have jobs with Airstoc.
I am based in Sydney Australia and I receive detailed requests via e-mail to submit a quote and that's it, I do the job and send results and get paid.
Cheers, JV

Hi X6_Gorm, Yep it's true I have jobs with Airstoc.
I am based in Sydney Australia and I receive detailed requests via e-mail to submit a quote and that's it, I do the job and send results and get paid.
Cheers, JV
Nice!
Do you use a Yuneec? Or a proper filming drone?
I don't have the skills for this yet. But I hope to get enough practice and be able to do this for a living

Hi X6_Gorm, Yes I Use the 4k and also have a G with a Go Pro and I have ordered a Typhoon H to expand the business but not necessary.
The Yuneec Typhoon is Ideal as I can slow it down for good videos and it works well, sunsets are great.
If I can give some advice then it would be lots of practice and as many different flying situations as possible which is what I did and you will soon
get the experience and enough to make a living from it as the potential is great.
I would also suggest reading up as much as possible about photography it also helped me and every time you fly take videos of various things.
I hope this has helped you but if you stick with it and chip away you will do well.
Cheers, JV

Hi X6_Gorm, Yes I Use the 4k and also have a G with a Go Pro and I have ordered a Typhoon H to expand the business but not necessary.
The Yuneec Typhoon is Ideal as I can slow it down for good videos and it works well, sunsets are great.
If I can give some advice then it would be lots of practice and as many different flying situations as possible which is what I did and you will soon
get the experience and enough to make a living from it as the potential is great.
I would also suggest reading up as much as possible about photography it also helped me and every time you fly take videos of various things.
I hope this has helped you but if you stick with it and chip away you will do well.
Cheers, JV
Excellent I appreciate the input. Yeah I have played around with toys for a few months, I bought the Q500+ bundle while it was on sale I'm the US. Now waiting to get home after a month offshore and can't wait to fly it. I was thinking of upgrading to the 4k camera, as far as I know that is the only difference between both quads. Can you confirm that?

Not 100% sure but I think the 4 k came as standard from the Black model although the Q500+ camera can be upgraded.
I will check further to confirm.
Cheers, JV

Not 100% sure but I think the 4 k came as standard from the Black model although the Q500+ camera can be upgraded.
I will check further to confirm.
Cheers, JV
I just emailed Yunnec about it. I read somewhere here that one could upgrade your camera through them. But thanks for the loads of info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval