Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Making the typhoon H more portable

Yuneec would be the most accurate source for an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finished my case!

Measures 21x9x16. Will make it on to pretty much every airline.

I also picked up a barrel harness which turns this in to a very comfortable backpack.

In the small pouch is all the charging gear and extra as cards. And the propeller case has two compartments for 8 of each type of propeller

b26dfdf8cdac6310ee8be9bb7bbc5f24.jpg
18e701d29bc00dace9fce8afdf913cd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I just flew yesterday from Las Vegas to Oklahoma and read the restrictions. It said federal air regulations prohibit carrying Lithium batteries either in carry-on or in checked baggage. I think you risk having your batteries confiscated, not to mention the problems you'd face if your batteries ignite.

I just flew yesterday from Las Vegas to Oklahoma and read the restrictions. It said federal air regulations prohibit carrying Lithium batteries either in carry-on or in checked baggage. I think you risk having your batteries confiscated, not to mention the problems you'd face if your batteries ignite.
They must be individually secured ( so they can't short) and they must be less than 100Wh. So the yuneec batteries are good, technically the gifi 7000mah are 3 Wh over.

This is a great idea, thank you for sharing. Have you experienced any issues with the H when pulling the battery out while the struts are retracting to get them into that position? What's the behavior when power is restored? Do they extend back out or do you have to command it with the ST16?

This is a great idea, thank you for sharing. Have you experienced any issues with the H when pulling the battery out while the struts are retracting to get them into that position? What's the behavior when power is restored? Do they extend back out or do you have to command it with the ST16?
So I really wish I could add a feature to test all systems with the YTH then I could put landing gear up using that.

As it stands, here is the process

With no props and gps off start the motors and "take off". Then put the landing gear up ( careful not to obstruct the gear when it's moving. )

Once the landing gear is all the way up I pull the battery and replace it.

Now I line the yth up with the case and push the power button (not long enough to turn it back on).

Part of the boot sequence is to lower the gear. So just keep taping the power button one half second at a time until it fits.

When not locked up or down there is close to 10 degrees of play for the landing gear. So it is quite easy to get it to the right position.

The gear is worm geared and in the full up or full down position the YTH applies pressure to the worm gear to remove the play.. what this tells me is that there shouldn't be any damage under the load of the machine as the worm gear must have more load than that applied to it by the motor under normal use.

None the less I trust the front and back propeller arms and hinges to hold the weight and not take damage more than the landing gear in mid position. So I make sure there is no weight on the gear in the case. (Even the thickness of the carbon fibre is better on the arms.)

The when you pull it out for fight just turn it on normally and the gear lowers.

I haven't tried this myself yet but I believe you can retract the struts without running the motors if you place the H upside down.
I just tried and it works! Much easier and less noisy than the other way..

also because the motors aren't on the typhoon h will shut off with the power button so there is no need to pull the battery.

Reactions: SloDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio