Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maps won't load

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with the maps loading and not being able to cache them in the back ground.

I have connected to my office wifi and the maps started to load on the home screen but when I start to try to store the off line maps the data pilot crashed and now won't load any maps at all. I've tried a full factory reset and clearing all data and forced stop but to no avail.

Would be nice to get sorted as I haven't flown it yet and being Friday night no support till Monday.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

I am hopeful the resident expert @Bob520 will be checking in to give you a hand. If he is not on a shoot he usually does so.

No Bob520 is packing his stuff for a trip to Puerto Rico. Anyway, back to the problem at hand. If you can't get the offline maps to download try this. First start trying to get the maps to download via WIFI, if they are going very slowly. Slide your finger f4om the top of the tablet screen on the right hand side (this brings down a menu) tap settings. If by chance it takes you to the main tablet screen this is ok. Either slide again or tap the six dots at the bottom of the screen and tap on settings. Scroll down to apps. Tap apps. Go to DataPilot and tap. Tap force stop, ok to the pop up message. Press the back arrow on the bottom of the tablet. Tap the DataPilot icon on the tablet home screen. Continue downloading maps using the offline maps download tool. Ensure you are connected to your Wi-Fi with internet connection the entire time. Also, scrolling around on the map in your target area sometimes gets the tiles to download faster.

Reactions: Steve Carr
No Bob520 is packing his stuff for a trip to Puerto Rico. Anyway, back to the problem at hand. If you can't get the offline maps to download try this. First start trying to get the maps to download via WIFI, if they are going very slowly. Slide your finger f4om the top of the tablet screen on the right hand side (this brings down a menu) tap settings. If by chance it takes you to the main tablet screen this is ok. Either slide again or tap the six dots at the bottom of the screen and tap on settings. Scroll down to apps. Tap apps. Go to DataPilot and tap. Tap force stop, ok to the pop up message. Press the back arrow on the bottom of the tablet. Tap the DataPilot icon on the tablet home screen. Continue downloading maps using the offline maps download tool. Ensure you are connected to your Wi-Fi with internet connection the entire time. Also, scrolling around on the map in your target area sometimes gets the tiles to download faster.

Hi Bob20
Thanks for the reply I've tried what you suggested but still no maps at all either on the main screen or the cache screen. Any other suggestions please?

On another note I got to fly this morning and got go a lot of data link losses only for split seconds with no loss of control, your thoughts please.

Again thanks in advance

Jamie

Hi Bob20
Thanks for the reply I've tried what you suggested but still no maps at all either on the main screen or the cache screen. Any other suggestions please?

On another note I got to fly this morning and got go a lot of data link losses only for split seconds with no loss of control, your thoughts please.

Again thanks in advance

Jamie
The Data link losses are a known bug and will be sorted in the first firmware update, Still safe to fly, I was told by Yuneec UK

Hi Bob20

Again thanks in advance

Jamie
Try changing map tile providers. DataPilot tap the three horizontal line icon, general, map provider, and change the type of map, street, sat. If this works then it's the map provider having issues. Also check to make sure you have storage space on the tablet.

Try changing map tile providers. DataPilot tap the three horizontal line icon, general, map provider, and change the type of map, street, sat. If this works then it's the map provider having issues. Also check to make sure you have storage space on the tablet.

Cheers Bob

Tried all combos of types and providers of the maps and there is 3Gb of space left on the tablet. Also change the available space for map storage.

Hi all
I tried again tonight but this time turned on the 520 as well before the ST and to my amazement even though they didn't connect the maps started to download over my wifi.
Don't know why but it seems that I have to have the 520 on to download maps to the controller.
Thanks for all of your help.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You fixed it, all right :)

If it turns out that it is necessary to have the H520 turned on in order to do so, Bob can confirm it and put it in the manual because I've been going through it and it doesn't say anything about it.

Hey folks

Found out that when the ST16S connects to my work network (tried both) then the maps won't cache but when I use my laptop as a hotspot on the same networks then the maps cache without any issues.

So it looks like the ST16S might have a problem with downloading through some networks.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Hey folks

Found out that when the ST16+ connects to my work network (tried both) then the maps won't cache but when I use my laptop as a hotspot on the same networks then the maps cache without any issues.

So it looks like the ST16+ might have a problem with downloading through some networks.

Hope that helps

With the updated ST16S or the first version?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval