Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maximum Speed - Cable Cam

Reaction score
Curious to the maximum speed others have been having in Angle Mode. Mine does around 28 mph.

In watch me she did 40 mph following me in my car and she kept up no problem .

You would think there would be away to unleash this 40mph speed in Angle Mode ?

I have about 30 batterys thru her and has been working perfectly. (except for loose fan in st16 which I fixed on my own ).

Here is a update to what I have figured out in Cable Cam , again you would think there would be a way to
unlease the 11 mph speed in this mode as well. I have figured out how to slow her down. see below.

This is what works for me in cable cam mode once you have set your waypoints.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing. Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-angle modes seem to have no changing affects to above mentioned.

Last edited:
Curious to the maximum speed others have been having in Angle Mode. Mine does around 28 mph.

I have about 30 batterys thru her and has been working perfectly. (except for loose fan in st16 which I fixed on my own ).

Here is a update to what I have figured out in Cable Cam , again you would think there would be a way to
unlease the 11 mph speed in this mode as well. I have figured out how to slow her down. see below.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing. Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-anglemodes seem to have no changing affects to above mentioned.

Wow, This is some great info Chris! Only tried CCC mode a few times and really want to use this function for alot of my shots, but found it slightly confusing. I'll have to remember these pointers going forward. Thank you!

Also, really hope there is a way to have it go quicker than the measly 10-11 mph while going from waypoint to waypoint. Kinda sucks.

Last edited:
Do you mean right cyclic? Not left which is yaw and power..

I too wish you could have full speed in Angle. Was trying to chase/film a bird today and could not keep up.
Thanks for the info Chris. Have not tried CCC yet.
Tonight's mission film a sunset.

Do you mean right cyclic? Not left which is yaw and power..

I have been using the left stick and has been working for me all this time. I am using Mode 2 in the USA which list the left stick as rudder-throttle in the settings menu .So if you are flying a another mode it could be different. As Joka just mentioned the right stick is for moving the camera when in this mode

Last edited:
The right stick is for moving the camera independently. Which is awesome. So you were right about using the left stick to move the H back and forth between waypoints. Curious if putting the H in Rabbit mode will allow for fast camera movement. Because it seemed a bit sluggish when moving the camera between waypoints during my test.

JoKa,

I agree the camera is a bit sluggish in CCC mode. Chris A this is your next mission to figure out haha.

I had my extra battery charged and did not want to leave it in that state for too long (probably won't fly again this weekend, we'll see though) so I just brought it to a parking lot and tested this theory. And I am happy to report that IT DOES make the camera move quicker!!. I'm so happy about this. This is huge for me.
Also, I did exactly what Chris explains above and can confirm that adjusting speeds during waypoints works. HUGE thanks to Chris for this info.

Reactions: Markinter
Here's an interesting fact I figured out by accident today. My maximum speed with the legs up is about 28 mph. My maximum speed with the legs down is 32 to 33 mph. I find that it's more than fast food out for all of my needs.

Reactions: Subtle Shots

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-angle modes seem to have no changing affects to above mentioned.
Try disabling GPS in a wide open area...this may enable the 40mph speed....just a thought

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval