Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MayDay!!!

Reaction score
Well it was bound to happen I kept telling myself , I really need some help here guys. I haven't been on the forum in a while and haven't flown much just been too busy with my photography and work. Well the high school near me put down new turf, I went to flt today get some photo's / video. I have a Q500 4K , Flew and had one battery give warning after got low and I landed. I put new battery in, took off got over the turf, started going up and on the screen I see warning about a motor malfunction and I could not control the Q and it came crashing down. I have the SD card in the back of the ST10 , but this was bought last spring so I know its out warranty. Camera doesnt look good , and not sure about this motor malfunction. Please what can I do ? I feel like I just had $800 fall out of the sky and now left with nothing . Even if it's out warranty but it was a malfunction anything I can do? Or anyone I can send this too, have fixed? Worth it?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Well it was bound to happen I kept telling myself , I really need some help here guys. I haven't been on the forum in a while and haven't flown much just been too busy with my photography and work. Well the high school near me put down new turf, I went to flt today get some photo's / video. I have a Q500 4K , Flew and had one battery give warning after got low and I landed. I put new battery in, took off got over the turf, started going up and on the screen I see warning about a motor malfunction and I could not control the Q and it came crashing down. I have the SD card in the back of the ST10 , but this was bought last spring so I know its out warranty. Camera doesnt look good , and not sure about this motor malfunction. Please what can I do ? I feel like I just had $800 fall out of the sky and now left with nothing . Even if it's out warranty but it was a malfunction anything I can do? Or anyone I can send this too, have fixed? Worth it?
It's not a big deal to repair it yourself depending on what is damaged. The first step it to connect the Q to the computer and check it in the GUI. I'm guessing it was an ESC failure. That was one of the few types of failure with the Q500. The GUI will tell you for certain. The ESC is $25 from Vertigo Drones. It does require good soldering skills.

The camera is probably not damaged. You can simply cut those wires and use the black wire cable that came with the Q. It plugs into the camera and the Q right behind the camera mount. Just tape up the wires you cut so they don't touch anything or each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital